ADVERTISEMENT

Your team’s starting 5?

Only one school would lose their entire starting 5 after not making the Final Four and losing to a school like Evansville. Cal has created a monster he can't control.
If we even get a season next year, which we probably will but you never know... I think you guys will have a decent roster but I doubt it’ll be as good as this years. Is Nick Richards going to pros too?

Just "set them up for life" after they leave.

Are you really surprised that UK guys want to go to the draft when Cal says that draft night is the greatest night for UK basketball?

Imagine having to drag yourself into the first team meeting of the year as a sophomore under Cal. Would have to be a humiliating experience.

Reactions: jhmossy
No, I am not surprised anymore. Just exhausted trying to keep up with our roster.

I believe it. That would be exhausting and it would be hard to feel connected to the players. I love watching our players get better over the years and seeing the chemistry of the team grow over time. But to each their own.

Reactions: KisteK
If we even get a season next year, which we probably will but you never know... I think you guys will have a decent roster but I doubt it’ll be as good as this years. Is Nick Richards going to pros too?
I’m not even sure how good our roster was this year tbh. We could win or lose any game.

Next year I’m not expecting much. Especially OOC. Blah.

I’m not even sure how good our roster was this year tbh. We could win or lose any game.

Last year was a weird year for sure, but both UK and UL showed they were pretty damn good when they wanted to be. Both teams lose a lot but I’m expecting y’all to be top 10 next year. We will prob be right at about 20-25. Adding Jones and Minlend was huge, and returning DJ, Williamson, and Malik Williams helps us. We don’t have quality depth in the front court, and I feel like you guys have the same problem. Unless Haarms decides to join UK.

Reactions: JimboBBN

I didn't see any real difference makers in the NBA on this year's roster. Maxey probably has the highest ceiling but I'd be pretty surprised if he ever turns into an All-Star. Granted, I feel that way about this year's draft class overall.

Last year was a weird year for sure, but both UK and UL showed they were pretty damn good when they wanted to be. Both teams lose a lot but I’m expecting y’all to be top 10 next year. We will prob be right at about 20-25. Adding Jones and Minlend was huge, and returning DJ, Williamson, and Malik Williams helps us. We don’t have quality depth in the front court, and I feel like you guys have the same problem. Unless Haarms decides to join UK.

Back to getting swept by UVA :p

And yet....you'll probably be ready to fight anyone who isn't willing to concede preseason #1 to them. Laughing

I hope the idiot writers do put us really high pre-season because we're taking lumps early next year for sure. We're going to return like 2% of our scoring and rebounding. Thats gotta be the most roster turnover of the Cal era. We might end up sucking huge peen. As of now I'd have us around top 15 or so, realistically. We needed Quickley and EJ back imo.

I believe it. That would be exhausting and it would be hard to feel connected to the players. I love watching our players get better over the years and seeing the chemistry of the team grow over time. But to each their own.
I don’t have any issues connecting to players. Kentucky basketball has always and will always hold a social place in a my heart, for many reasons. That said, I am not above criticism and giving my opinion on what is best for our program.

I like Malik and DJ a lot for you guys. They will be a hell of a 1-2 punch inside and out.

We will probably be ranked top 10 preseason but it won’t last. It never does unless we have returning contributions. Expect some bad early loses again. Maybe not Evansville bad, but OOC will be tough. Just hoping BJ Boston and Clarke can be the superstars everyone says they are.

Reactions: UL_1986
Opening Night:
G - Isaiah Thompson (So)
G - Eric Hunter (Jr)
G - Sasha Stefanovic (Jr)
F - Nojel Eastern (Sr)
C - Trevion Williams (Jr)

B1G Opener:
G - Ethan Morton (Fr)
G - Eric Hunter (Jr)
G - Sasha Stefanovic (Jr)
F - Aaron Wheeler (Jr)
C - Trevion Williams (Jr)

Reactions: KisteK
The one he bought after signing with the Kings? Yeah. I heard it's nice. Maybe not as nice as the Galt House, but nice.

Talking bout the one they stayed at in Lexington during Demarcus’s year at uk.

Back to getting swept by UVA :p
I sincerely doubt you sweep us next year. Idek who is on your all’s team...no offense. Guessing Clark comes back..after that ?? The dreads dude who played lights out in his super bowl and sucked cock before and after that game...woolentensae right?

PG-Caleb Love-RJ Davis-Jeremiah Francis
SG-Anthony Harris-Andrew Platek-Hopefully Kerwin Walton
SF-Leaky Black-Puff Johnson
PF-Garrison Brooks-Day'Ron Sharpe
C-Armando Bacot-Walker Kessler-Sterling Manley
How good is this team? Also, how good will college basketball be? It was abysmal last year, talent-wise. This year's draft is a joke.

Mintz
Clarke
Boston
Brooks
Haarms

Askew
Allen
Fletcher
Ware
Jackson

Not much shooting or experience but I like the lineup if Clarke/Boston can be as good as advertised.

I sincerely doubt you sweep us next year. Idek who is on your all’s team...no offense. Guessing Clark comes back..after that ?? The dreads dude who played lights out in his super bowl and sucked cock before and after that game...woolentensae right?

The fact that you didn't sweep us this year was pathetic. This year's team was pretty bad and we still beat you once.

We have Clark, Woldetensae, and Huff back that played significant minutes from this year. But we also add a potential All-ACC and All-American player in Sam Hauser and a really good recruiting class. We are going to really deep this year and our offense should be much much better. We'll probably split again but I don't see you guys sweeping us anytime soon.

Reactions: UL_1986
As many guys that are leaving for the pros that are either 2nd round talents or won’t get drafted, I suspect next year to be just as unpredictable as this past.

As many guys that are leaving for the pros that are either 2nd round talents or won’t get drafted, I suspect next year to be just as unpredictable as this past.

Eh, see some potential for some very strong teams next season- Zags, Nova and Virginia for example.

The fact that you didn't sweep us this year was pathetic. This year's team was pretty bad and we still beat you once.

We have Clark, Woldetensae, and Huff back that played significant minutes from this year. But we also add a potential All-ACC and All-American player in Sam Hauser and a really good recruiting class. We are going to really deep this year and our offense should be much much better. We'll probably split again but I don't see you guys sweeping us anytime soon.
Please, your team was a 5-6 seed. You keep creating this narrative that your team was full of 2 star scrubs that just learned how to play basketball. I agree we should’ve swept your team this year, y’all got lucky at home and we shit the bed last minute of the game. Oh well.

anyways, I like Clark and huff. Especially Huff, that dude has serious potential. I’ve heard good things about Hauser too. You’re right, we probably split this year too. Who knows. I just want there to be a ****ing season.

Gillespie
Moore
Robinson-Earl (back for sure)
Samuels
Bey (Probably gone) or Caleb Daniels

Bench
Antoine
Dixon
Swider
Crosby- Roundtee

Please, your team was a 5-6 seed. You keep creating this narrative that your team was full of 2 star scrubs that just learned how to play basketball. I agree we should’ve swept your team this year, y’all got lucky at home and we shit the bed last minute of the game. Oh well.

anyways, I like Clark and huff. Especially Huff, that dude has serious potential. I’ve heard good things about Hauser too. You’re right, we probably split this year too. Who knows. I just want there to be a ****ing season.

Id be ecstatic with a split with uva, considering we have been their whipping boy since joining the ACC. I’m not quite buying the Hauser hype quite yet but they should still have a damned good team, and Bennett can coach with the best of em, UMBC be damned.

Id be ecstatic with a split with uva, considering we have been their whipping boy since joining the ACC. I’m not quite buying the Hauser hype quite yet but they should still have a damned good team, and Bennett can coach with the best of em, UMBC be damned.
Our team isn’t gonna be as good as last years but with a core group of D. Johnson, Sam Williamson, and Malik Williams...adding those top rated grad transfers, with our bench guys. We’re def top 25.

Our team isn’t gonna be as good as last years but with a core group of D. Johnson, Sam Williamson, and Malik Williams...adding those top rated grad transfers, with our bench guys. We’re def top 25.
Nah, you guys are gonna suck.

UK is going in dry on UL again....wait this just in....top UK recruit is going pro.....shit....you guys still suck.

I’m not arguing that, bUt UVA will be top 25 for sure as well, possibly top 10. And seeing the way they’ve owned us I’m def not expecting to sweep them. Hopefully when do but I’m not banking on it.

Clarke’s not going pro. Ima need a roster sheet for the UK game this year. Crazy we both lost 6-7 players and both teams entire starting 5.

Eh, see some potential for some very strong teams next season- Zags, Nova and Virginia for example.

Yea Zags and Nova my early predictions for best two teams but outside of those two it gets a bit mirky imo.

I see Sam Williamson taking a big jump this year now that Nwora is gone. Dude showed flashes of being great.

ADVERTISEMENT