ADVERTISEMENT

Your team’s starting 5?

That was Tech’s biggest issue this past season. Late game execution and lacking a finisher killed them. They lost so many close games because of poor late game execution.

Their defense took a step back.
They weren't as elite on the perimeter.

Previously they could hold teams down and wait for a run.
Last year Tech still went on their runs but they didn't hold teams down as well.

It became like you said last minute possessions.
Ramsey was a scorer. Clarke had issues because he was too unselfish.

But both were above average offensive players.

Unless someone like Shannon really steps up they are going to have to count on one of their freshman.

I thinking closer to a 7 or 8 seed than 2 or 3 for Texas Tech.
But with the potential to wreck someone's bracket

Their defense took a step back.
They weren't as elite on the perimeter.

Previously they could hold teams down and wait for a run.
Last year Tech still went on their runs but they didn't hold teams down as well.

It became like you said last minute possessions.
Ramsey was a scorer. Clarke had issues because he was too unselfish.

But both were above average offensive players.

Unless someone like Shannon really steps up they are going to have to count on one of their freshman.

I thinking closer to a 7 or 8 seed than 2 or 3 for Texas Tech.
But with the potential to wreck someone's bracket
If Shannon becomes any sort of threat from the outside he’ll be really good. Don’t sleep on McCullar either. He improved significantly throughout the season.

Stoked about our team next year, but losing Nwora hurts offensively. However, the dude could put up 25 and 10 or literally disappear. I’m betting that the two way tandem of David Johnson and Carlik Jones is going to be fun to watch. Now that Nwora has moved on to the pros, I look for Sam Williamson to take over his role and provide offensive fire power along with Charles Minlend. Sam showed flashes last year of being great, he just needs to add muscle. His mid range game is legit, reminds me of Tatum.

Saddiq Bey staying in draft big hit for Nova. They still expected to be #1 or at least near the top 3-5 with Bey going pro?

Saddiq Bey staying in draft big hit for Nova. They still expected to be #1 or at least near the top 3-5 with Bey going pro?

I think top 5, but with a little longer to get there working in all the pieces. Bey will no doubt be missed, but the team is still very deep. Bey's spot probably covered with Caleb Daniels to start (joining Colin Gillespie, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Justin Moore and Jermaine Samuels).

A lot depends on if Bryan Antoine is as good as thought prior to shoulder surgery beginning of last year. Some had him as a 1 and done ---personally, don't see it-- he has a slight build but is beefing up. If he gets close to that level again, he could provide a bench spark similar to what Donte Divencenczo did a couple of years ago. Also have Cole Swider, Brandon Slater, Dhamir Crosby-Roundtree and red shirt freshman Eric Dixon all available off the bench.

Kentucky revised:

Mintz
Boston
Clarke
Brooks
Sarr

What's the expectation now with UK? Graduate transfers expected to be leaders for this team or is everthing going to hinge on Boston-Clarke being the real deal? I'll be honest with you I look at next year's UK team and just from initial impressions it looks the weakest since 2013, maybe even since Cal arrived.

What's the expectation now with UK? Graduate transfers expected to be leaders for this team or is everthing going to hinge on Boston-Clarke being the real deal? I'll be honest with you I look at next year's UK team and just from initial impressions it looks the weakest since 2013, maybe even since Cal arrived.

….you must be looking through wishful thinking-tinted glasses.

The talent level is quite a bit higher than 2013. But...we lost like 90% of our production from last year.

Personally I think it’s going to be ugly. The SEC is going to be stronger. Probably make the tournament as anywhere from a 4-7 seed. And hope the talent will have gel’d enough to make a run. Same shit different year.

Most Kentucky fans are more optimistic than me it seems. I just can’t get past the lack of returning production. I can’t think of a team that lost what we did and performed well all season. The 2014 team made a run but had a lot of things go their way.

So yeah better than 2013 but nothing to get too excited about. I do think Clarke and Boston are the real deal and will be fun to watch however.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
….you must be looking through wishful thinking-tinted glasses.

I couldn’t care less about how good UK is. Not in Big 12, and KU-UK play the first game of the year so that game will matter nothing by January.

And for the record I will be surprised if either KU or UK are top 5 teams next year. I see UK in the 10-15 range while with KU I’d put them around 20. Just not expecting much from KU the more I think about it. KU gonna be relying heavily on Agbaji and McCormack and I don’t see either a major players.

I couldn’t care less about how good UK is. Not in Big 12, and KU-UK play the first game of the year so that game will matter nothing by January.

And for the record I will be surprised if either KU or UK are top 5 teams next year. I see UK in the 10-15 range while with KU I’d put them around 20. Just not expecting much from KU the more I think about it. KU gonna be relying heavily on Agbaji and McCormack and I don’t see either a major players.

Not sure they'll have to rely heavily on either of those guys. Thompson, Garrett, Foster and Braun should all be really solid players. But I'd also bet that one or both of Agbaji and McCormack will have a solid year.

For Minnesota, the hope is......

Marcus Carr
Gabe Kalscheur
Both Gach (Averaged 10.7ppg at Utah)
Brandon Johnson (Averaged 15.4 and 8.1)
Liam Robbins (Averaged 14.1/7.1/3 bpg)

Both Gach and Liam Robbins need waivers to play right away. Gach is from Minnesota, so he shouldn't have much of a problem getting one. Robbins is the wildcard. His uncle is an assistant coach here and his cousin is a walk-on, so hopefully that helps. Robbins is one of the better rim protectors in cbb, so he would help tremendously on that end.

Reactions: dukedevilz
revised lineup.
Toussaint 6.5 ppg, 2.9 apg and 1.8 spg
Jordan as a JR 11.6 ppg, 3.4 apg
Wieskamp 14.0 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.0 spg
Connor 6.2 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.1 spg
Nunge as a FR Starter 15.7 mpg, 5.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.6 spg, 0.8 bpg
44 ppg, With out Garza
with Garza 23.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.8 bpg
67.9 ppg out of 77.7 ppg

going on the possibility that Garza will not be back,

PG Cade Cunningham
SG Ferron Flavors
SF Isaac Likekele
PF Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe
C Kalib Boone

For Minnesota, the hope is......

Marcus Carr
Gabe Kalscheur
Both Gach (Averaged 10.7ppg at Utah)
Brandon Johnson (Averaged 15.4 and 8.1)
Liam Robbins (Averaged 14.1/7.1/3 bpg)

Both Gach and Liam Robbins need waivers to play right away. Gach is from Minnesota, so he shouldn't have much of a problem getting one. Robbins is the wildcard. His uncle is an assistant coach here and his cousin is a walk-on, so hopefully that helps. Robbins is one of the better rim protectors in cbb, so he would help tremendously on that end.

That's a quality starting five. Could easily see them being a top 25 team if everyone is eligible. Crazy how deep the Big Ten is.

UK should be very deep especially if Sarr is eligible... he should be. That would give UK two top ten draft talents in Boston and Clarke with several solid pieces around them.

Askew likely starts out on the bench but could end up taking the reigns as the season goes.

Sarr was an All ACC performer last year with basically nothing around him so it will be interesting to see what having talent around him does for him.

Isiah Jackson is the dark horse imo. Not the most skilled guy in the world but an absolute freak athlete. Could be a huge energy guy off the bench next season as he improves his overall skills.

Opening Night:
G - Isaiah Thompson (So)
G - Eric Hunter (Jr)
G - Sasha Stefanovic (Jr)
F - Nojel Eastern (Sr)
C - Trevion Williams (Jr)

B1G Opener:
G - Ethan Morton (Fr)
G - Eric Hunter (Jr)
F - Aaron Wheeler (Jr)
Revised opening night lineup:

G - Isaiah Thompson (So)
G - Eric Hunter (Jr)
F - Aaron Wheeler (Jr)

This team better be outscoring opponents, because the defense could be ugly.

ADVERTISEMENT