ADVERTISEMENT

2022 recruits—who is your team targeting?

Already landed SG Isaac McKneely (#70 on Rivals)

PG Austin Nunez (#65)
PF Isaac Traudt (#67)
SF Leon Bond (3-star)
SF Bobi Klintman (3-star)

Sorry Shaka. Also, other recruiting services have Bond as a 4-star recruit (#42 on 247's latest). Bring on Traudt and this is a really solid class for UVA.

Reactions: GE Nole
Jalen Duran expected to reclassify soon. Is Memphis or pros his destination?

^^^^^ thats what ive read on here from mainly UK fans.......fwiw. They havent felt as confident in duren for a while now but we all know how fluid things are.

Jalen Duran expected to reclassify soon. Is Memphis or pros his destination?
Seems to be the thought down here for a while. At this point ppl I talk to seem more convinced it's going to be Memphis. Plus they're about to add Rasheed Wallace to the coaching staff.

Already in

Bruce Thornton- Top 25 player
Roddy Gayle -Top 50 player
Bowen Hardaman- 150-200ish

Biggest targets

Kyle Filipkowski
Favour Aire
Dillon Mitchell
Jordan Walsh
Felix Oxpara

Mitchell was an early FSU lean. Buckeyes made a big move up on his visit. You may lead now.

Memphis is going to make some noise, it's a tough job, but talent and appeal is there.

I agree that just based on the talent they are bringing in alone they will make noise. But there will be some disgruntled players every year I bet.

And they will lose some games that just leave you scratching your head.

I agree that just based on the talent they are bringing in alone they will make noise. But there will be some disgruntled players every year I bet.

And they will lose some games that just leave you scratching your head.
I think that's why Penny brought in an staff....like UK.

Great recruiter, but needs help.

NIL is going to be about corporations/social networking.

UK will be left behind in these ways. Sure we have a state wide fan base that a player can make 20K per signing while on tour. but the big money is going to national brands/social media.

Also, it's not quite a level playing field, NCAA f'd some of the states that passed the NIL laws ahead of them. Kentucky for instance says "the university can't negotiate deals for athletes"(paraphrasing), while nothing in the NCAA prohibits it.

UK is bound by state law and not the more free NCAA rules.

NIL is going to be about corporations/social networking.

UK will be left behind in these ways. Sure we have a state wide fan base that a player can make 20K per signing while on tour. but the big money is going to national brands/social media.

Also, it's not quite a level playing field, NCAA f'd some of the states that passed the NIL laws ahead of them. Kentucky for instance says "the university can't negotiate deals for athletes"(paraphrasing), while nothing in the NCAA prohibits it.

UK is bound by state law and not the more free NCAA rules.

I wonder if Emoni Bates wants a shoe deal with Nike eventually...

How would you compare the staffs?
Hmmmm

Howard eisley vs Rasheed Wallace-not close, one is a highly though of former nba assistant while the other was known for his laziness in his nba career and has only coached high school for a season
Phil Martelli vs Larry brown-even although no one wanted to hire brown for years
Saddi Washington vs Cody toppert-nba video guy vs one of the best college assistants in the country, not close

this does not even get into job Sanderson(s&c) who is widely considered the best in his field

Hmmmm

Howard eisley vs Rasheed Wallace-not close, one is a highly though of former nba assistant while the other was known for his laziness in his nba career and has only coached high school for a season
Phil Martelli vs Larry brown-even although no one wanted to hire brown for years
Saddi Washington vs Cody toppert-nba video guy vs one of the best college assistants in the country, not close

this does not even get into job Sanderson(s&c) who is widely considered the best in his field
You seem to focus on Brown's select past, instead of his knowledge.

Sharpe is Kentucky or pro ball. He’s a lock for UK if he goes to college. Sharpe getting hype as #1 player in class recently.

That new site On3 ranked him as the #1 prospect. Lively #2 I believe, and I think UK is favorites for both. I don't follow recruiting as much anymore but this looks like it has a chance to be one of Cal's best classes.

Reactions: Archetype19
That new site On3 ranked him as the #1 prospect. Lively #2 I believe, and I think UK is favorites for both. I don't follow recruiting as much anymore but this looks like it has a chance to be one of Cal's best classes.
Agreed, favorites for Shaedon Sharpe, Cason Wallace and Brandon Miller who should all be top 10ish players in the next updates.

It’ll be interesting how influential Bates and Duren going to college will be. Might sway a guy like Lively to do the same instead of going the G-League route.

Bond and Isaac Squared is an excellent recruiting class for UVA. These guys are right in the recruiting sweet spot for what Tony wants.

Last edited:
Jon Scheyer is going to break the hearts of the Illini once again, this time by stealing Jaden Schutt.

I'd also be cool with signing Dariq Whithead and Kyle Filipowksi to start things out.

3 for 3. Mark Mitchell could be next.

I think it will end up being his best class. Livingston is a heavy lean now. Expected to commit Oct 15.

kentucky appears to be done recruiting guards. front court wise we seem to be focused on:

Kamari Lands
Dereck Lively
Adem Bona
Chris Livingston

I feel like there’s a good chance we can get two of those guys.

We’ll probably hit the transfer portal after the season as well for another big and maybe a point guard.

michigan really wants yohan tarore to finish out but it looks like howard may take greg glenn who is best buds with the howards but not good

Reactions: Montana81
kentucky appears to be done recruiting guards. front court wise we seem to be focused on:

Kamari Lands
Dereck Lively
Adem Bona
Chris Livingston

I feel like there’s a good chance we can get two of those guys.

We’ll probably hit the transfer portal after the season as well for another big and maybe a point guard.
I think we land 3. All except Lands

• Wow
Reactions: 1016CC0503
ADVERTISEMENT