ADVERTISEMENT

2022 recruits—who is your team targeting?

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
With the transfer season finally starting to reach some sort of close, I’m interested in looking at the 2022 recruiting class. Obviously the transfer market will be massive again and I’m sure most programs will save at least one or two scholarships for transfers, but for this thread I’m just curious about high school kids.

FSU is in the final two for stud wing Dariq Whitehead, but despite being a long time Seminole lean it feels like Duke will get the steal here. Blue Devils seem like the one school that could pull him out from going to Tallahassee and they have played their hand well.

Jay Gortman and Julian Phillips both feel like good bets to be Seminoles. Assistant coach Steve Smith is the connection here—he’s been a great hire. Gort is my favorite guard in the class so I really hope he pulls the trigger for us. Dude is a flat out stud who is also a fiery competitor.

The Noles are also in it for Dillion Mitchell but he seems harder to read.

Deante Green was a guy I wanted but he seems to be heavy UNC lean at this point.

How about your team?

Dereck Lively
Shaedon Sharpe
Skyy Clark (Committed)
Brandon Miller
Jaden Bradley
Cason Wallace
Sadraaque Nganga
Zion Cruz
Vincent Iwuchukwu
Nick Smith Jr
Felix Okpara

Dereck Lively
Shaedon Sharpe
Skyy Clark (Committed)
Brandon Miller
Jaden Bradley
Cason Wallace
Sadraaque Nganga
Zion Cruz
Vincent Iwuchukwu
Nick Smith Jr
Felix Okpara

What do you hear about Lively? I saw FSU in his top 7, but assumed that’s just a nod to the fact we signed one of his teammates last year (Jalen Warley). I figure he ends up at a blue blood.

I really like Skyy Clark. He’s a much better shooter than it seems a lot of recent UK recruits have been. He was my favorite guard in the class until I saw Jay Gort play.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Already landed SG Isaac McKneely (#70 on Rivals)

PG Austin Nunez (#65)
PF Isaac Traudt (#67)
SF Leon Bond (3-star)
SF Bobi Klintman (3-star)

Dion Johnson is already committed and Zion Cruz is the top priority now.

There are other people who are on Oregon's radar but I don't know how many freshman Altman will take. He loves the portal

Reactions: GE Nole
The two I'm hearing the most about from Bama is Jarace Walker and Jaden Bradley. Both just visited

Have any details on these guys? Position, state they live in, other teams in on them?

I’ve never heard of any of them.

Dug McDaniel, Rivals #75 (committed). An undersized PG (only 5'9-5'10) with speed/quickness. Good passer but might struggle to score at the next level. I don/t expect him to start until Frankie Collins leaves. Collins is our freshman PG this year who I think will be an absolute stud by his 2nd or 3rd year. I don't expect him to climb in the rankings.

Jett Howard, Rivals #40 (lock to commit). Juwan Howard's son. He's an off guard with a good shoot, good handle, slashes with athleticism. Might get a little bump by the end of the year.

Tarris Reed, Rivals #90 (Michigan lean IMO over MSU/OSU). He's a "mans man" type of center. Plays tough with a dog mentality. He's only 6'8 but has a 7'3 wing span. He's blowing up this summer and I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up higher than Jett. He's a lot closer to 1b to Lively's 1a wishlist center for me than maybe other Michigan fans would agree with. Thoughts on that @RichardMassive and @gowolverines8?

Dug McDaniel, Rivals #75 (committed). An undersized PG (only 5'9-5'10) with speed/quickness. Good passer but might struggle to score at the next level. I don/t expect him to start until Frankie Collins leaves. Collins is our freshman PG this year who I think will be an absolute stud by his 2nd or 3rd year. I don't expect him to climb in the rankings.

Jett Howard, Rivals #40 (lock to commit). Juwan Howard's son. He's an off guard with a good shoot, good handle, slashes with athleticism. Might get a little bump by the end of the year.

Tarris Reed, Rivals #90 (Michigan lean IMO over MSU/OSU). He's a "mans man" type of center. Plays tough with a dog mentality. He's only 6'8 but has a 7'3 wing span. He's blowing up this summer and I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up higher than Jett. He's a lot closer to 1b to Lively's 1a wishlist center for me than maybe other Michigan fans would agree with. Thoughts on that @RichardMassive and @gowolverines8?
I’m pretty pissed you guys are going to get Reed, I really thought he could be perfect for us. He’ll be great.

Reactions: RichardMassive
What do you hear about Lively? I saw FSU in his top 7, but assumed that’s just a nod to the fact we signed one of his teammates last year (Jalen Warley). I figure he ends up at a blue blood.

I really like Skyy Clark. He’s a much better shooter than it seems a lot of recent UK recruits have been. He was my favorite guard in the class until I saw Jay Gort play.
247 gives Kentucky 100% at this point but you know that goes lol With Antigua back, our recruiting is getting aggressive again.

Your post is spot on. Ive read some chatter that jett can rise to 5 star status, but im
Not seeing it yet. He’s ranked about right at the moment. Think tarris will be a back in top 50 big man

247 gives Kentucky 100% at this point but you know that goes lol With Antigua back, our recruiting is getting aggressive again.

1 prediction, which is to UK, so that is 100% (1/1). Confidence level was set as a 6, which is medium.

Lively might come down to Duke, UNC, and Kentucky. I’d be surprised if it isn’t one of those three. If I had to guess, I’d probably say Kentucky as of right now, but it’s still early so a lot can change.

We feel really good about our chances with Tre Holloman, pretty good about Jaden Schutt, and alright with Ty Rodgers and Isaac Traudt.

I assume we’ll get in on another big recruit after Reed commits to UM.

Reactions: RichardMassive
Commits

G/F Gradey Dick 4-star
F/C Zuby Ejiofor 4-star

Top guard targets
G Keyonte George 4-star
G Richard Isaacs 4-star
G Nick Smith 4-star
G AJ Storr 3-star

With 4 small guards on the roster with at least 3 years of eligibility left (Yesufu, Harris, Pettiford, and Cuffe), this is not a position of need in 2022. Especially the PG spot. If they take a freshman in this class at guard it seems it will be for a taller combo guard at 6-4 or taller who can play on the wing. Unless there is a surprise commitment I expect any guards taken by KU in 2022 to be in the spring either a transfer or decommitment. Of this group my personal hope is KU can some how pull Nick Smith out of Arkansas.

Top wing/forward targets
F Chris Livingston 5-star
F Mark Mitchell 5-star
F Aidan Shaw 4-star
F Jordan Walsh 4-star

This will be KU’s biggest position of need for 2022. Livingston visited but very unlikely. Mark Mitchell is the top target overall for KU. Local kid but with strong ties to the Los Angels area UCLA is considered the leader there. I think KU wants to add one more W/F to the class to go with Dick. Someone who can play more of the 4-spot than the 3.

Top Big targets
C Vince Iwuchuwku 4-star
C Yohan Traore 4-star
C Ernest Udeh 4-star

Self and staff have been all over watching Traore the last few weeks. Iwuchuwku visited KU but Baylor is considered the favorite for him. Will be interesting to see how hard KU goes after Udeh. Getting a true C is paramount with this class.

Reactions: GE Nole and KisteK
Dereck Lively
Shaedon Sharpe
Skyy Clark (Committed)
Brandon Miller
Jaden Bradley
Cason Wallace
Sadraaque Nganga
Zion Cruz
Vincent Iwuchukwu
Nick Smith Jr
Felix Okpara
Without knowing any of these guys i hope yall get iwuchukwu nganga and okpara so i can chuckle at the nicknames here in wky where the southern twang is strong and i dont see many pronouncing those names right; myself included if louisville is recruiting any of those guys.

I half ass feel sorry for recruits with the new transfer bs. Gonna be impossible to predict whose even gonna be on the teams, much less predicting where yoy could get PT, positions of need, etc etc.

I woukdnt be looking to sign during the early period thats for damn sure.

Already in

Bruce Thornton- Top 25 player
Roddy Gayle -Top 50 player
Bowen Hardaman- 150-200ish

Biggest targets

Kyle Filipkowski
Favour Aire
Dillon Mitchell
Jordan Walsh
Felix Oxpara

Reactions: GE Nole
Texas:
Everyone from texas on the top 60.

Just landed Arterio Morris (will mostly rise to a five star in the next update. Keynote George is in. Both are also threats to go the pro route, but I think with NLI, they could make better money, with more exposure and better lifestyle, if they want to play in the US.

Will be a large class with 6 or 7 roster spots being open.

Texas has a legit shot at the number 1 class, I think.

The difference maker is Antigua. You saw what happened, after he left our overall recruiting started sucking.
U mispelled www

i know very little about antigua except he fell flat at USF including some ncaa trouble iirc, then went to illinois as an assistant.

If he was such a key cog in the recruiting machine, Why didnt cal hire him back After USF instead of him going to illini? Did he have an offer to return to uk then?

It more of the fact that u think UK hasnt been recruiting aggressively the past few years and thats why they stopped landing the very top player year after year, like it was simply bc uk didnt try hard enough.

Not bc god forbid the kids just chose a diff school over UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnboiler123
Jon Scheyer is going to break the hearts of the Illini once again, this time by stealing Jaden Schutt.

I'd also be cool with signing Dariq Whithead and Kyle Filipowksi to start things out.

Reactions: gowolverines8
Jon Scheyer is going to break the hearts of the Illini once again, this time by stealing Jaden Schutt.

I'd also be cool with signing Dariq Whithead and Kyle Filipowksi to start things out.
Hoping we can pull a miracle with flipowski, our insider says he’s down to um, duke and Syracuse and it sounds like um will get the final visit in the first few weeks of September.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Hoping we can pull a miracle with flipowski, our insider says he’s down to um, duke and Syracuse and it sounds like um will get the final visit in the first few weeks of September.

Dude is tearing it up. Would love to snag him. Having the final visit always helps, although sometimes recruits end up canceling their final visit when a school has sealed the deal. think we have the inside track on him, but we all know how unreliable reports can be, not to mention the fickle nature of kids going back and forth. Should be a fun player to watch.

With the transfer season finally starting to reach some sort of close, I’m interested in looking at the 2022 recruiting class. Obviously the transfer market will be massive again and I’m sure most programs will save at least one or two scholarships for transfers, but for this thread I’m just curious about high school kids.

FSU is in the final two for stud wing Dariq Whitehead, but despite being a long time Seminole lean it feels like Duke will get the steal here. Blue Devils seem like the one school that could pull him out from going to Tallahassee and they have played their hand well.

Jay Gortman and Julian Phillips both feel like good bets to be Seminoles. Assistant coach Steve Smith is the connection here—he’s been a great hire. Gort is my favorite guard in the class so I really hope he pulls the trigger for us. Dude is a flat out stud who is also a fiery competitor.

The Noles are also in it for Dillion Mitchell but he seems harder to read.

Deante Green was a guy I wanted but he seems to be heavy UNC lean at this point.

How about your team?
We are trying to get Mitchell, but hear he is yours to lose. Something about his mom has FSU season tickets to football. But if you get Whitehead and Phillips will you get Mitchell too?

Cason Wallace
Hood-Shafino
Traore

We are trying to get Mitchell, but hear he is yours to lose. Something about his mom has FSU season tickets to football. But if you get Whitehead and Phillips will you get Mitchell too?

Cason Wallace
Hood-Shafino
Traore

I don’t know if we would take all three, but Whitehead seems headed for Duke. Hopefully we get Whitehead and y’all can have Mitchell!

Dude is tearing it up. Would love to snag him. Having the final visit always helps, although sometimes recruits end up canceling their final visit when a school has sealed the deal. think we have the inside track on him, but we all know how unreliable reports can be, not to mention the fickle nature of kids going back and forth. Should be a fun player to watch.
Yeah we just offered him. I don't know if Cal is trying to bag him and Lively or just whomever commits first. And if Oscar or Collins comes back. Who knows...

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It has gotten rather sad for me on the recruiting front, as I barely know any names Kentucky is looking at. Even for the following year.

This guy is usually pretty good with UK info. Not sure how good this would be or not.

It has gotten rather sad for me on the recruiting front, as I barely know any names Kentucky is looking at. Even for the following year.

This guy is usually pretty good with UK info. Not sure how good this would be or not.

Sharpe is Kentucky or pro ball. He’s a lock for UK if he goes to college. Sharpe getting hype as #1 player in class recently.

Reactions: JimboBBN
ADVERTISEMENT