ADVERTISEMENT

2022 recruits—who is your team targeting?

I’m not exactly getting warm fuzzies about lively. think we get bona instread. Livingston is pretty much a lock now. major smoke hes already made the decision and told the coaches.
Bona and Lively play 2 different styles. Bona will sign with us and the staff is going to go hard after Lively. Livingston is going to commit 10/15 which just happens to be the day of Big Blue Madness. It wouldn't surprise me if they telecasted his commitment at BBM.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Bona and Lively play 2 different styles. Bona will sign with us and the staff is going to go hard after Lively. Livingston is going to commit 10/15 which just happens to be the day of Big Blue Madness. It wouldn't surprise me if they telecasted his commitment at BBM.
Yeah not sure that would even be allowed. In regards to Lively and Bona it’s pretty common knowledge that they won’t play together. The staff could have likely already landed Bona if they wanted to take his commitment but Lively is priority number one at this point.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Yeah not sure that would even be allowed. In regards to Lively and Bona it’s pretty common knowledge that they won’t play together. The staff could have likely already landed Bona if they wanted to take his commitment but Lively is priority number one at this point.
Bona will be a spring signee anyways, so he will be there waiting most likely even if Lively does choose somewhere else other than UK.

Either way the class is going to be ridiculous.

Skyy Clark
Shaedon Sharpe
Cason Wallace
Chris Livingston
Lively (or Bona)

Bona will be a spring signee anyways, so he will be there waiting most likely even if Lively does choose somewhere else other than UK.

Either way the class is going to be ridiculous.

Skyy Clark
Shaedon Sharpe
Cason Wallace
Chris Livingston
Lively (or Bona)
I think he will at this point in time. Had Cal and Co really pushed him i don’t think there’s any doubt he would have been a fall commitment.

i honestly don’t think there will be much of a difference in the two during their one year of college. Lively on the other hand obviously has the much higher ceiling.

I think he will at this point in time. Had Cal and Co really pushed him i don’t think there’s any doubt he would have been a fall commitment.

i honestly don’t think there will be much of a difference in the two during their one year of college. Lively on the other hand obviously has the much higher ceiling.
Lively spaces the floor better and is maybe the best shot blocker in the class.

There is reason Cal won’t take Bona’s commitment right now

Lively spaces the floor better and is maybe the best shot blocker in the class.

There is reason Cal won’t take Bona’s commitment right now
I’m not saying Lively isn’t the better fit or anything like that. He’s the type of big that Cal loves for sure. I’m not sold on him being a good perimeter shooter but he at least has a pulse from outside.

The thing i love about Bona is his motor. He tries to dunk everything. He’s also a really good shot blocker.

So does Lively to Duke mean Bona to UK is a lock?
giphy.gif

Y’all have a heck of a class put together. Sure Duke and UK will have super stars and lotto picks, but yall are gonna have difference makers for 3 years who turn into grown men.
Thanks man. I’m really excited about this class. The recruits are in the sweet spot for us. I’m not even sure the Duke and UK recruits would listen to Bennett’s pitch at this point.

With the 4 in the class this year Nova will probably have only 2, maybe 3 in 22. Mark Armstrong (46) is in... another good pg coming in.

The big question / want is Cam Whitmore, (22). A lot of crystal balls, but waiting on announcement. He will be huge. Athletic, big PF with range. Would be a great fit for the system.

Also had Brendan Hausen, sg. In last week. He may be the 3rd if he doesn't stay home in texas.

Yohan traore visiting Michigan this weekend, that’s who um really wants to finish out with

Isn’t he old enough to go to the NBA draft next year?

Conflicting info but i have my doubts juwan would be having him visit and be so heavy after him if that was the case. Hes pulled away from those types after isaiah todd.

Louisville just lost our top recruit to a team weve beaten 17 straight times………so theres that. Smdh

Apparently rice had some kind of family connections to VT idk. Regardless hope he never beats us either.

• Wow
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Cam Whitmore was the final guy Nova targeted for the class and he was a huge get. Looks like it was 3 for 3 or 3/5 (really early interest in 2 but backed off).

Sounds like Bona is headed to UCLA and Cal will be left with his pants down after whiffing on he and Lively. Thankfully we have free agency now.... 😆

Sounds like Bona is headed to UCLA and Cal will be left with his pants down after whiffing on he and Lively. Thankfully we have free agency now.... 😆
You’ll be fine unless Oscar and Collins both attempt to go pro.

Transfer portal and kids backing out of their commitments in spring when the coaching carousel begins will open up some options.

You’ll be fine unless Oscar and Collins both attempt to go pro.

Transfer portal and kids backing out of their commitments in spring when the coaching carousel begins will open up some options.
Indeed, but it's Kentucky. I don't expect ANYONE to stick around for more than a year and the numbers agree with me. Whether it's losing kids to NBA, transfer, pro overseas, or whatever the case may be. It's rare not to have almost complete roster turnover every single year.

Indeed, but it's Kentucky. I don't expect ANYONE to stick around for more than a year and the numbers agree with me. Whether it's losing kids to NBA, transfer, pro overseas, or whatever the case may be. It's rare not to have almost complete roster turnover every single year.
If you do lose both Oscar and Collins, kids will see that there is an opening. And you are indeed Kentucky, so there will be options.

With Skyy Clark, Shaedon Sharpe, Chris Livingston, Cason Wallace(you still lead?), and returnees, all you need is a serviceable center. Not an all-American.

And if you don’t land a transfer, I wouldn’t be surprised if a kid like Baye Fall reclassified to get that starting spot at the center position for y’all.

So this is assuming we're losing Collins?

Tell us how great Collins is.

Also Oscar, why is he ready to leave?

If you do lose both Oscar and Collins, kids will see that there is an opening. And you are indeed Kentucky, so there will be options.

With Skyy Clark, Shaedon Sharpe, Chris Livingston, Cason Wallace(you still lead?), and returnees, all you need is a serviceable center. Not an all-American.

And if you don’t land a transfer, I wouldn’t be surprised if a kid like Baye Fall reclassified to get that starting spot at the center position for y’all.
But I would prefer a more than serviceable center, because I am greedy, and it's what Cal likely needs to have a chance to hoist another trophy. 😆 And yes, a commitment from Wallace soon would be nice!

I think Collins is a one-and-done type. Even if he doesn’t produce at a ridiculous level.

NBA loves bigs in his mold plus his jumper looks clean without any hitches.
Yep, he has the physical and athletic attributes the NBA loves. If you have upside that's all that matters. We know they love to draft based on potential, not necessarily production.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Collins better get his 3's on Friday.
Yep! He could be a 50% shooter from deep, but Cal would never let him shoot it in real games. That is where the "positionless" moniker goes out the window with him. His bigs aren't gonna be raining 3s, doesn't matter if they can make them or not. They'll have to wait until they get to the NBA to try that. 😆 (See Davis, Towns, etc.)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yep! He could be a 50% shooter from deep, but Cal would never let him shoot it in real games. That is where the "positionless" moniker goes out the window with him. His bigs aren't gonna be raining 3s, doesn't matter if they can make them or not. They'll have to wait until they get to the NBA to try that. 😆 (See Davis, Towns, etc.)
End of the Duke game we'll hear "three" from the Rafters.

• Haha
Sounds like top 35 guys Jordan Walsh to Arkansas and Ernest Udeh to Kansas in the next week.

ADVERTISEMENT