ADVERTISEMENT

Your team’s starting 5?

Big_C_KU

Gold Member
May 27, 2004
Seems most player going pro are doing so with intention to stay in the draft. Transfers and uncommitted players are making decisions. Rosters seem to be taking shape more and more. What’s your team’s starting 5 or even top 7-9 looking like?

KU roster set right now with Dotson going pro. The word is no transfers out at the moment. Looking at a starting lineup of

Marcus Garrett
Bryce Thompson
Christian Braun
Ochai Agbaji
David McCormack

3 starters basically guaranteed in Garrett, Agbaji, and McCormack. Also have Tristan Enaruna, Jalen Wilson, #1juco Tyon Grant-Foster who will challenge Braun and freshman Thompson for the starting spots.

Looking for some predictions on starting lineups and possible additions to you squad. How are your rosters shaking out and who do you predict will fill out your roster?

Reactions: MGC_07
giphy.gif

As of right now, assuming Xavier Tillman stays in the draft, we don’t land a 5 star Canadien PG we are in on Karim Mane, and Josh Langford doesn’t play next year.

Rocket Watts
Aaron Henry
Gabe Brown
Joey Hauser
Mady Sissoko

With Malik Hall being our best bench piece, along with Thomas Kithier, Marcus Bingham, Foster Loyer, AJ Hoggard, and Julius Marble.

Reactions: kdavid45
As of now assuming everyone leaves and nobody else commits (which won't be the case):
Davion Mintz
BJ Boston
Terrence Clarke
Keion Brooks
Isaiah Jackson

Bench:
Devin Askew
Lance Ware
Dontaie Allen
Cam'ron Fletcher

As of now assuming everyone leaves and nobody else commits (which won't be the case):
Davion Mintz/Devin Askew
BJ Boston
Terrence Clarke
Keion Brooks
Isaiah Jackon
...and then... We don't have much back up. Allen shoud be ready to go. Hopefully eJ comes back.

Cal is killing it on zoom cals right now. :eek:

...and then... We don't have much back up. Allen shoud be ready to go. Hopefully eJ comes back.

Cal is killing it on zoom cals right now. :eek:
And then.... get Haarms to commit and convince Banchero to reclass and commit (pipe dream). SmokinSmile

Seems most player going pro are doing so with intention to stay in the draft. Transfers and uncommitted players are making decisions. Rosters seem to be taking shape more and more. What’s your team’s starting 5 or even top 7-9 looking like?

KU roster set right now with Dotson going pro. The word is no transfers out at the moment. Looking at a starting lineup of

Marcus Garrett
Bryce Thompson
Christian Braun
Ochai Agbaji
David McCormack

3 starters basically guaranteed in Garrett, Agbaji, and McCormack. Also have Tristan Enaruna, Jalen Wilson, #1juco Tyon Grant-Foster who will challenge Braun and freshman Thompson for the starting spots.

Looking for some predictions on starting lineups and possible additions to you squad. How are your rosters shaking out and who do you predict will fill out your roster?

I predict Grant-Foster starts over Braun.

Self said he would have started this year.

Davion Mintz
BJ Boston
Terrence Clarke
Keion Brooks
Isaiah Jackson

Bench:
Devin Askew
Lance Ware
Dontaie Allen
Cam'ron Fletcher
That’s a small, switchable starting lineup with Jackson as the 5 man and Brooks at the 4. I think that suits today’s game pretty well, but your big man group doesn’t have a ton of bulk. Haarms would not help with that haha

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Gonzaga:
PG Jalen Suggs top 10 rated Freshman
SG Joel Ayayi JR 2019 stats: 10ppg 6rpg 3 apg
SF Corey Kispert SR 2019 Stats: 14ppg 4rpg 2apg
PF Drew Timme or Anton Watson both top 50 recruits from 2019 class. Depends if they want a stretch 4 or not. Watson was injured most of last year. Timme averaged 10ppg 5rpg and 1apg
C Filip Petrusev JR 17ppg 8rpg 1apg and a 2019 All American

This team is absolutely stacked and with a ton of depth behind these guys.

That’s a small, switchable starting lineup with Jackson as the 5 man and Brooks at the 4. I think that suits today’s game pretty well, but your big man group doesn’t have a ton of bulk. Haarms would not help with that haha
Yes, they are very interchangeable. Small but a lot of length and athleticism. Haarms definitely wouldn't help with bulk but historically Cal's best teams have relied on a solid shot blocker. At this point, it doesn't appear they can afford to be too picky based on what's left on the recruiting board and transfer portal.

Davion Mintz
BJ Boston
Terrence Clarke
Keion Brooks
Isaiah Jackson

Bench:
Devin Askew
Lance Ware
Dontaie Allen
Cam'ron Fletcher
So this might change a bit. Sounds like Terrence Clarke may go straight to the G League. Sick

Reactions: wesr
I predict Grant-Foster starts over Braun.

Self said he would have started this year.

I’m not 100% set on Thompson starting from day 1 either. I can see Braun and TGF actually winning the 2 starting spots. I do know it will either be Bryce or Braun starting next to Garrett in the backcourt as they are the best ball handlers behind Garrett (except Harris but not sure he gets much PT as a freshman). I’m interested to see how much Enaruna improves and what Wilson brings and how much he improves. KU should be pretty solid 1-4 spots with the small ball.

Wasn’t Clarke the one who was really old for his class anyways? Is he eligible for the draft or no? I remember we had the Simons kid committed a year or two back but somehow he was old enough to go to the draft out of HS or possibly post grad school I don’t remember the specifics, just that he never played for Louisville.

PG David Johnson
PG Carlik Jones
SF Sam Williamson
PF Jaeyln Withers
C Malik Williams

Bench

SG Josh Nickelberry
SG Charles Minlend
SF/PF Quinn Slazinski
PF. JJ Traynor
SF D’Andre Davis
PF/C Aidan Igiehon

Last edited:
Starters
Kihei Clark (JR)
Tomas Woldetensae (SR)
Jabri Abdur-Rahim (FR)
Sam Hauser (R-SR)
Jay Huff (R-SR)

Bench

Reece Beekman (FR)
Casey Morsell (SO)
Kody Stattmann (JR)
Justin McKoy (SO)
Carson McCorkle (FR)
Francisco Caffaro (R-SO)
Kadin Shedrick (R-FR)

Redshirt
Trey Murphy III (R-SO) - transfer from Rice

Reactions: precise02
Wasn’t Clarke the one who was really old for his class anyways? Is he eligible for the draft or no? I remember we had the Simons kid committed a year or two back but somehow he was old enough to go to the draft out of HS or possibly post grad school I don’t remember the specifics, just that he never played for Louisville.
He was old for the 2021 class, he reclassified into 2020. He is 18, September birthday.

Exact same team as last year but most likely add Greg Brown.

Texas should mix and match depending on who they play.

For sure starters
Matt Coleman
The rest will be a mix of different players
Andrew Jones
Courtney Ramey
Kai Jones
Jericho Sims
Jase Febres
Greg Brown

Shaka going to have way too many pieces and mess around all year.
But like this year come tournament time he should be able to make a deep run.

Truthfully wish 2-3 players transfered out.
But I guess they really believe in what Shaka is trying to do

PG-Caleb Love-RJ Davis-Jeremiah Francis
SG-Anthony Harris-Andrew Platek-Hopefully Kerwin Walton
SF-Leaky Black-Puff Johnson
PF-Garrison Brooks-Day'Ron Sharpe
C-Armando Bacot-Walker Kessler-Sterling Manley

I’ve heard Suggs and Clarke aren’t going to play college ball, but I’m not sure how great my source is. Would hurt Gonzaga and UK for sure.

Remy Martin-4star
Joshua Christopher-5star
Marcus Bagley-5star
Taeshon Cherry-4star
Romelo White-4star

Remy and Melo are checking on their NBA status and as of right now there is a good possibility that they will play one more year with the Devils. If both come back we will have a pretty competitive starting five along with the Pac 12 sixth man Alonzo Verge.

by ESPN ratings
PG SO Toussaint 4*
SG RSSO Fredrick 3*
WG JR Wieskamp 4*
WG RSJR Connor McCaffery 4*
C SR Garza 4*
bench
SF RSFR Patrick McCaffery4*
CG RSSR Jordan Bohannon 4*
4/5 RSJR Nunge
PG FR Ulis 3*
SG FR Perkins 3*
SF FR Kris Murray NR
4/3 FR Keegan Murray NR
4/5 FR Ogundele 3*

RS's to be determined, most likely Kris and Keegan.

I’ve heard Suggs and Clarke aren’t going to play college ball, but I’m not sure how great my source is. Would hurt Gonzaga and UK for sure.

I don't think they will do the G League thing. Seems like a huge risk and I assume most of these kid are smart enough to realize that.

Reactions: RipThru
Suggs has come out and said that playing oversees isn't an option anymore. He's coming to Gonzaga.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

Marcus Garrett
Bryce Thompson
Christian Braun
Ochai Agbaji
David McCormack

That starting 5 has HELMS national champs written all over them.

It's no HELMS title though. RollLaugh

I know you're from Iowa and all, but how can you possibly spin an NIT or NCAA banner as less embarrassing than a Helms?

I can see why you cried so hard about the tourney cancellation. You probably had a 10% chance to hang another Sweet 16 banner. RollLaugh

Last edited:
Reactions: KUhawks34
Only one school would lose their entire starting 5 after not making the Final Four and losing to a school like Evansville. Cal has created a monster he can't control.

Reactions: jhmossy
Only one school would lose their entire starting 5 after not making the Final Four and losing to a school like Evansville. Cal has created a monster he can't control.

And yet....you'll probably be ready to fight anyone who isn't willing to concede preseason #1 to them. Laughing

Reactions: jhmossy

Cal should try to create more of a "Brotherhood" mentality at UK

Reactions: JimboBBN
So start paying kids?

Just "set them up for life" after they leave.

Are you really surprised that UK guys want to go to the draft when Cal says that draft night is the greatest night for UK basketball?

ADVERTISEMENT