5. Oregon
6. Utah
7. Colorado
8. Arizona State
9. Stanford
10. Washington
11. Oregon State
12. California

Top 5 should make the NCAAT and be able to make some noise.

Still feeling good about Illinois since its early or have you adjusted your opinion on them?

Something is amiss in the Illini locker room. Looked like they quit last night. Most of the blame is going to fall on the starting point guard. Andre Curbelo played really well last year as being Dosunmu's sidekick. Now that he has the keys to Corvette, I wonder if the pressure is getting to him. He's forcing things and he looks really, really frustrated. The talent is still there, IMO. If they're going to turn things around it has to start with Curbelo.

You picked Illinois to finish in the 7 to 9 range, alongside Rutgers and Nebraska. Who in the Big Ten has been that impressive outside of Purdue? Even if they're underperforming, don't think it would be unreasonable for them to finish in the top half of the league. They're clearly not playing like a top 25 team, but it's also hard to imagine Curbelo playing any worse than he currently is.

Big Ten has had a really underwhelming start to the OOC season. Almost makes you wonder if last March wasn't a fluke. I'm wrong all the time. If Illinois continues to play like this, they're going to have a long, long season. I'm bound to miss on several of my projections. But some of projections are also going to be more or less accurate.

Looks like a ho-hum year for the ACC, unfortunately.

I think Arizona is going to surprise a lot of people.

Something is amiss in the Illini locker room. Looked like they quit last night. Most of the blame is going to fall on the starting point guard. Andre Curbelo played really well last year as being Dosunmu's sidekick. Now that he has the keys to Corvette, I wonder if the pressure is getting to him. He's forcing things and he looks really, really frustrated. The talent is still there, IMO. If they're going to turn things around it has to start with Curbelo.
I spent all offseason biting my tongue about Curbello. Everyone seemed to assume he would make this great leap this year guaranteed. He was really bad last year. He's been even worse to start this year.

He has an ORating of 77.7 and the 3rd highest usage rate in the country at 38%. He has the 19th highest shot% with an wFG% of 30.3 and a true shooting % of 35.9. Shooting splits of 29/9/72.

I spent all offseason biting my tongue about Curbello. Everyone seemed to assume he would make this great leap this year guaranteed. He was really bad last year. He's been even worse to start this year.

He has an ORating of 77.7 and the 3rd highest usage rate in the country at 38%. He has the 19th highest shot% with an wFG% of 30.3 and a true shooting % of 35.9. Shooting splits of 29/9/72.

Ingersol thinks very little of Underwood so he's ignoring the talent level. I'm not as high on him as some Illinois fans but when you start with Kofi and Curbelo, you can make average coaching look good.
So is Curbelo bad, or is he so good that he can make an average coach look good?

Just trying to follow your thoughts in this thread as they seem to be contradicting each other.
I certainly didn't expect Kofi to look as bad as he did last night. If he is playing well, it makes everyone else better...including their coach.

If Illinois still looks broken, IU will definitely finish above them.
Boiler, I really like this Indiana team...Not on the level of you guys, probably Michigan as well..But other than that, SO FAR, I haven't seen anyone who I think is that much better. SHooting is coming around---Stewart starting to shoot as I htought he would(7 for his last 10, 10-21 on the year). Johnson is a bulldog. Gets to the rim, and can finish...Decent enough shooter. Just gotta get the turnovers under control...WHich tonight, he did---only had 2 I think. Bates will have some growing pains in the B10, but he'll also have some nights more often than not, that will be special. Kid is athletic, long, can get to the rim, nice mid-range game---good perimeter shooter. Race/TJD are who they are. I think both have taken it up a notched. Lander has improved big time. Still not the 5* type of guy he was projected to be....But he's becoming solid. Kopp needs to understand his ability---not a good shooter at all off the dribble. Very good mid-range game...When he gets his feet set off the pass, shoots it much better...

Defensively this team is solid. Switch everything. They get after you.

Ceiling is SW 16/Top 4/5 Big 10, IMO.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Boiler, I really like this Indiana team...Not on the level of you guys, probably Michigan as well..But other than that, SO FAR, I haven't seen anyone who I think is that much better. SHooting is coming around---Stewart starting to shoot as I htought he would(7 for his last 10, 10-21 on the year). Johnson is a bulldog. Gets to the rim, and can finish...Decent enough shooter. Just gotta get the turnovers under control...WHich tonight, he did---only had 2 I think. Bates will have some growing pains in the B10, but he'll also have some nights more often than not, that will be special. Kid is athletic, long, can get to the rim, nice mid-range game---good perimeter shooter. Race/TJD are who they are. I think both have taken it up a notched. Lander has improved big time. Still not the 5* type of guy he was projected to be....But he's becoming solid. Kopp needs to understand his ability---not a good shooter at all off the dribble. Very good mid-range game...When he gets his feet set off the pass, shoots it much better...

Defensively this team is solid. Switch everything. They get after you.

Ceiling is SW 16/Top 4/5 Big 10, IMO.
Just so hard to gauge anything on teams like Iowa/IU yet.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
It is really too early to rank the SEC other than listing a group of 5 or 6 teams towards the top. The SEC doesn't have a dominate team like the Zags, but it has a lot of quality.

Just so hard to gauge anything on teams like Iowa/IU yet.
Yeah, there are really only a handful of teams that have played multiple quality opponents thus far. When announced, I didn't like the B1G breaking up the conference and playing 2 conference games before finals but now I like that we see some teams have to play someone good before January. Iowa's schedule has been stupid easy but they get Purdue and Illinois in the next 10 days.

Reactions: otte21
ADVERTISEMENT