ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the two "High Profile" schools about to get served?

get your facts straight
it does not say a bad loan "to" Bam
it says "bad loan" with Bam's name beside it
at no point does it state he received the money
it could have been a AAU coach a H.S. coach you have no idea who received the alleged money

you can assume anything
we all can assume that every coach, the AD, and the president at KU knew what was going on
see how easy that is

True...there’s a possibility that it were a coach (in which case, it would be very easy to say “I never took any money,” but I digress).

You can’t say the same for the document regarding the hundreds of thousands in planned payments to Vanderbilt and his family. Knox and Hagans were also connected to agents. Do any of these guys even crack the top 15 of most talented players in the Calipari era?

Then you have Calipari’s connections to agents and Nike reps, “World Wide Wes,” rampant rumors about Davis, Code and Gassnola pointing the finger at Kentucky, etc.

Elite players have been getting paid for literally a hundred years. Kentucky might have plausible deniability if a) they hadn’t been caught in the past or b) they hadn’t collected by far the highest number of elite players in the Calipari era.

The question of whether or not any of these players were paid is not a rational one. The only rational question is if Calipari or staff had any direct involvement. But it’s a huge stretch to say they weren’t aware of anything. And the end result is the same: a bunch of players that probably should have been ineligible by the supposed rules.

True...there’s a possibility that it were a coach (in which case, it would be very easy to say “I never took any money,” but I digress).

You can’t say the same for the document regarding the hundreds of thousands in planned payments to Vanderbilt and his family. Knox and Hagans were also connected to agents. Do any of these guys even crack the top 15 of most talented players in the Calipari era?

Then you have Calipari’s connections to agents and Nike reps, “World Wide Wes,” rampant rumors about Davis, Code and Gassnola pointing the finger at Kentucky, etc.

Elite players have been getting paid for literally a hundred years. Kentucky might have plausible deniability if a) they hadn’t been caught in the past or b) they hadn’t collected by far the highest number of elite players in the Calipari era.

The question of whether or not any of these players were paid is not a rational one. The only rational question is if Calipari or staff had any direct involvement. But it’s a huge stretch to say they weren’t aware of anything. And the end result is the same: a bunch of players that probably should have been ineligible by the supposed rules.

are you talking about this

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/11/...ats-fbi-probe-ashton-hagans-jarred-vanderbilt

BTW Knox had a dinner that his father paid for

keep trying little fella

Reactions: kyjeff1
Not all UK fans but you Scotty, by a mile. Like your Duke homie, you can’t help yourself. Getting banned from THR twice did a number on you.

Get it right dick face it was 3 times and the third time was under a fake handle. Know your shit before you talk!

It doesn't really matter what they knew or didn't know. If he took 30 grand, he shouldn't have been eligible. And it's clearly likely that he was paid.

You know what was on wiretap and text? Merl Code and Gassnola pointing the finger specifically at Kentucky. The only reaching here is from your side.
Don't worry, dude offered $30k to regular students, so Bam is in the clear.

As far as what Merl Code and Gasanola said about Kentucky, you have to be kidding. You're smarter than that. Those guys threw out a bunch of big names while trying to claim "everybody does it". He has zero evidence of it, because he was making a general statement. If he had the evidence to back.it up, he would have displayed it.

Reactions: kl40504

Man, you'll buy any rumor that’s out there.

I heard they're selling ocean front property in Iowa, you should check it out.

Of course, you have fully admitted that you treat rumors as fact, so this isn't surprising at all.

Man, you'll buy any rumor that’s out there.

I heard they're selling ocean front property in Iowa, you should check it out.

Of course, you have fully admitted that you treat rumors as fact, so this isn't surprising at all.

Oh have I? That’s news.

This is the present day NCAA with Mark Emmert. Not the decades old NCAA. Know your history.
Yep, same way with Duke. They could land the top 10 recruits in one class, 5 starters, 5 to sit the bench and the NCAA wouldn’t even bat an eye.

Don't worry, dude offered $30k to regular students, so Bam is in the clear.

As far as what Merl Code and Gasanola said about Kentucky, you have to be kidding. You're smarter than that. Those guys threw out a bunch of big names while trying to claim "everybody does it". He has zero evidence of it, because he was making a general statement. If he had the evidence to back.it up, he would have displayed it.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Code was recorded by an undercover agent in a private conversation about the biz. Why in the hell would he be providing evidence of anything.

He had no incentive to say anything in particular and was just speaking candidly in what he thought was a private conversation. And he specifically named Kentucky as one of the schools that pays players.

He should know...he was right in the middle of it for many years.

A Kansas fan commenting about cheating is just priceless. And hypocritical.

Just count yourselves lucky that they aren’t probing into Nike/Kentucky.

Merl Code pointing the finger in a private conversation plus payments from agents is not a good look.
I have been telling you Kansas is finally going to pay the price for all that cheating.
Sources have told ESPN that the NCAA is actively investigating Arizona, Creighton, Kansas, Louisville, LSU and USC.

Did you see Kentucky and Cal mentioned in the ESPN article. You might want to start worrying about Kansas before talking about anyone else.
Sources have told ESPN that the NCAA is actively investigating Arizona, Creighton, Kansas, Louisville, LSU and USC.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Code was recorded by an undercover agent in a private conversation about the biz. Why in the hell would he be providing evidence of anything.

He had no incentive to say anything in particular and was just speaking candidly in what he thought was a private conversation. And he specifically named Kentucky as one of the schools that pays players.

The NCAA knows Kansas pays players and that is why Kansas is being investigated. Self on tape trying to get a convicted felon working for Adidas to help Kansas get players. Kansas is in deep trouble. Vacated games and no NCAA tournament. Not a good look.

A Kansas fan commenting about cheating is just priceless. And hypocritical.

Haha....here we go.

Those in denial are the hypocrites. It’s like OJ sneering at somebody being investigated for murder. If OJ had never been tried for his murders, that is.

Nah....Zion didn’t collect a dime to play at Duke.Laughing

Haha....here we go.

Those in denial are the hypocrites. It’s like OJ sneering at somebody being investigated for murder. If OJ had never been tried for his murders, that is.

Sorry. Whataboutisms don’t really work for me. If you have some type of proof, please provide a link or actual proof.

Unlike Kansas, who has done it in the past and is now part of this adidas scandal. With your coach on tape. You have anything like that on Duke?

I have been telling you Kansas is finally going to pay the price for all that cheating.

All of what cheating? Do you mean the $2500 payment by that shoe company that defrauded them?

Our day of vindication is on the horizon!

Sorry. Whataboutisms don’t really work for me. If you have some type of proof, please provide a link or actual proof.

Unlike Kansas, who has done it in the past and is now part of this adidas scandal. With your coach on tape. You have anything like that on Duke?

I suppose not. Duke is the Al Capone of CBB. Dead bodies everywhere (Maggette, Thomas, Bagley, Zion) but they just can’t pin that gangster down.

He had plenty of incentive to produce proof.
Both idiots were threatening to take others down with them, but it was all a bluff, they have nothing.

Trust me, if the NCAA could bury UK, they would have been on them already.

Bottom line, KU is the one under investigation, not UK and we all know that burns your ass.

All of what cheating? Do you mean the $2500 payment by that shoe company that defrauded them?

Our day of vindication is on the horizon!
I am sure the NCAA is investigating Kansas for no reason. Nothing to see here. Move on. Keep sticking your head in the sand. Need to be careful because there are sand crabs in there..

Haha....here we go.

Duke is not being investigated but Kansas is.

He had plenty of incentive to produce proof.
Both idiots were threatening to take others down with them, but it was all a bluff, they have nothing.

Trust me, if the NCAA could bury UK, they would have been on them already.

Bottom line, KU is the one under investigation, not UK and we all know that burns your ass.

Get this Rafters shit out of here. No one with an ounce of common sense buys that the NCAA wants to take down Kentucky.

In the wiretap convo, he had no incentive to prove anything to anyone.

I am sure the NCAA is investigating Kansas for no reason. Nothing to see here. Move on. Keep sticking your head in the sand. Need to be careful because there are sand crabs in there..

No, Sparky...I was doing an impression of you.

Here’s another:
31721808-scared-ostrich-burying-its-head-in-sand.jpg

$100 says you don’t even kno what happened! Amirite???

I don’t need to know. All I know is you wanted to post on THR so bad you went to the extreme to do it. That may be some kind of record getting banned 3 times from an opponents home board and that’s not obsession? Ok....Laughing

I don’t need to know. All I know is you wanted to post on THR so bad you went to the extreme to do it. That may be some kind of record getting banned 3 times from an opponents home board and that’s not obsession? Ok....Laughing
4:58am on an anonymous message board. Sad.

I suppose not. Duke is the Al Capone of CBB. Dead bodies everywhere (Maggette, Thomas, Bagley, Zion) but they just can’t pin that gangster down.
Can you tell me the issues that the NCAA would have with Bagley or Zion. Except for rumors by people mad they came to Duke, I haven't heard anything. Maggette and Thomas. Nothing there.

At least you admit you have nothing except rumor and speculation.

Can you tell me the issues that the NCAA would have with Bagley or Zion. Except for rumors by people mad they came to Duke, I haven't heard anything. Maggette and Thomas. Nothing there.

At least you admit you have nothing except rumor and speculation.

Refer to post 265, please. Thanks, guy.

Refer to post 265, please. Thanks, guy.
Instead of the response of a 10 year old, you could actually respond the question.
But since you have nothing you respond like the 10 year old.

Anxiously awaiting actual proof you have of some violations.

Instead of the response of a 10 year old, you could actually respond the question.
But since you have nothing you respond like the 10 year old.

Anxiously awaiting actual proof you have of some violations.

When in Rome. I'm dealing with someone with the emotional response of a 10-year-old. Imagine a grown man being afraid to admit that one of his school's precious players accepted money, when it's painfully obvious to everyone.

Wiretaps revealed that Zion had an enormous price tag, yet somehow Duke got him for free.

The Bagleys filed for bankruptcy in 2008, but somehow were able to afford a million dollar house four years later. Laughing

Lance Thomas purchased 100k in jewelry. Nothing to see here.

Btw, Maggette admitted to taking cash from a booster, in case you didn't know.

So, either you have the emotions or the common sense of a 10-year-old. Which is it?

When in Rome. I'm dealing with someone with the emotional response of a 10-year-old. Imagine a grown man being afraid to admit that one of his school's precious players accepted money, when it's painfully obvious to everyone.

Wiretaps revealed that Zion had an enormous price tag, yet somehow Duke got him for free.

The Bagleys filed for bankruptcy in 2008, but somehow were able to afford a million dollar house four years later. Laughing

Lance Thomas purchased 100k in jewelry. Nothing to see here.

Btw, Maggette admitted to taking cash from a booster, in case you didn't know.

So, either you have the emotions or the common sense of a 10-year-old. Which is it?
1) If a player accepted money while at Duke from a booster or someone, then Duke and he should be punished.
2) I don't believe Duke gave Zion a nickel. If you have some proof, please provide it. Maybe that is what it was going to take to get him to go to Kansas
3) Bagley's received money from a shoe manufacturer for an AAU team. That is public knowledge
4) Lance Thomas made a private purchase of jewelry. It was January of his senior year and no one thought he would get drafted. Take it up with the store owner. Maybe you can get a line of credit like he did.
5) Kansas had Myron Piggie players just like Maggette and that is also public knowledge and has been for years.

Anything else you need clarification on?

1) If a player accepted money while at Duke from a booster or someone, then Duke and he should be punished.
2) I don't believe Duke gave Zion a nickel. If you have some proof, please provide it. Maybe that is what it was going to take to get him to go to Kansas
3) Bagley's received money from a shoe manufacturer for an AAU team. That is public knowledge
4) Lance Thomas made a private purchase of jewelry. It was January of his senior year and no one thought he would get drafted. Take it up with the store owner. Maybe you can get a line of credit like he did.
5) Kansas had Myron Piggie players just like Maggette and that is also public knowledge and has been for years.

Anything else you need clarification on?
Do you think Duke has had players that have received extra benefits?

Do you think Duke has had players that have received extra benefits?
Clarify extra benefits.
BTW, from what I know of opposing fans and journalists, I assume that Duke has been investigated for years and years and nothing has come from these investigations, so at this time, NO, I don't believe they (Duke) has provided extra benefits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT