ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the two "High Profile" schools about to get served?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
"At least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive notices of allegations for Level I violations from the NCAA by the summer, stemming from the federal government's recently completed investigation of the sport, a top NCAA official told CBS Sports.

Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July.

The remaining four would be rolled out later in the summer in what was described as a wave of NCAA investigations meant to clean up major-college basketball."

"Those top coaches that were mentioned in the trials where the information shows what was being said was a violation of NCAA rules, yes. They will be all part of these notices of allegations," Wilcox said.

"It's a great opportunity for the enforcement staff, the committee on infractions, as well as our whole community to now try to … put things back where they need to be," Wilcox said.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/at-least-six-college-basketball-programs-will-be-notified-of-major-ncaa-violations-by-this-summer/

They're about to go in dry on some schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
After reading the article.I'm guessing, Auburn, LSU, Arizona, Kansas, UL and ....

KU, and Arizona are my guesses on the two "high profile". UL, IMO, is f$cked due to messing around while already on probation with the hookers. Dude, couldn't even play at USC.

That NCAA dude used some pretty strong language when talking about coming after these schools.

Then again, we are talking about the inept NCAA. They're as competent as a lesbian's strap on.

Last edited:
It all depends on what one considers "high-profile" I guess. The only three I would consider high-profile would be Kansas, Arizona, and Louisville. Then again, maybe it just means two P5 programs, and not the Creighton's of the NCAA. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks, although I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks before then. I feel pretty confident that the hammer is coming down on Arizona. As for the rest, it's anyone's guess.

Then again, we are talking about the inept NCAA. They're as competent as a lesbian's strap on.
Untill I see them do something, I have no faith in the NCAA doing what is right. They look the other way with certain schools and coaches, so I find it hard to believe they will touch KU or Self.Arizona, maybe, nobody cares about west coast basketball.

After reading the article.I'm guessing, Auburn, LSU, Arizona, Kansas, UL and ....

KU, and Arizona are my guesses on the two "high profile". UL, IMO, is f$cked due to messing around while already on probation with the hookers. Dude, couldn't even play at USC.

That NCAA dude used some pretty strong language when talking about coming after these schools.

Louisville has already been served. It will be two additional schools.

Untill I see them do something, I have no faith in the NCAA doing what is right. They look the other way with certain schools and coaches, so I find it hard to believe they will touch KU or Self.Arizona, maybe, nobody cares about west coast basketball.

Just count yourselves lucky that they aren’t probing into Nike/Kentucky.

Merl Code pointing the finger in a private conversation plus payments from agents is not a good look.

Merl Code pointing the finger in a private conversation plus payments from agents is not a good look.
Kansas is mentioned so many times it is not funny plus all the players at Kansas that have been in trouble with the NCAA is definitely not a good look. Kansas is in deep trouble.

Reactions: JC for 3

When Code said, "If I let my kid go to Kentucky, I promise you I won’t get him back," he meant that he wouldn't get them to sign with Adidas after college. That's not shocking. I would venture to say that most kids that go to Adidas schools end up signing with Adidas and same for Nike and Under Armour. I did think it was funny when everyone thought John Wall was funneled to Cal/UK by Nike and WWW, yet as soon as he turned pro he signed with Reebok. RollLaugh

When Code said, "If I let my kid go to Kentucky, I promise you I won’t get him back," he meant that he wouldn't get them to sign with Adidas after college. That's not shocking. I would venture to say that most kids that go to Adidas schools and end signing with Adidas and vice versa. I did think it was funny when everyone thought John Wall was funneled to Cal/UK by Nike and WWW, yet as soon as he turned pro he signed with Reebok. RollLaugh
I feel like adidas and nike help get kids to flagship schools---but it doesn't stop them whatsoever when choosing a sponsor. I think they go after the money like most would/should.

I feel like adidas and nike help get kids to flagship schools---but it doesn't stop them whatsoever when choosing a sponsor. I think they go after the money like most would/should.
I don't know about that. These shoe companies obviously aren't spending a bunch of time and money steering kids to certain programs just to get a year of college out of them and letting the competition bank off them as soon as they turn pro. The funnel usually goes all the way to the top, as this investigation has revealed. Steer them to an Adidas school where you can maintain control and your chances of signing them as a pro are much better. These guys don't get anything out of sending a kid to a particular school (although I am sure Nike made a pretty penny on Zion's likeness this year). They are banking on what happens after that. Not saying that Nike is clean either.

It all depends on what one considers "high-profile" I guess. The only three I would consider high-profile would be Kansas, Arizona, and Louisville. Then again, maybe it just means two P5 programs, and not the Creighton's of the NCAA. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks, although I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks before then. I feel pretty confident that the hammer is coming down on Arizona. As for the rest, it's anyone's guess.

These are not football violations, so what does P5 have to do with it? For hoops there is no P5, unless you are that down on the Pac10.

These are not football violations, so what does P5 have to do with it? For hoops there is no P5, unless you are that down on the Pac10.
Like my first sentence says, "It all depends on what one considers "high-profile" I guess." Say what you want about the P5 being a football only thing, but the fact remains that they are the big boys in hoops, too. Doesn't matter if the Pac-12 sucks, these are the conferences that have the money and the power. It doesn't hurt that they have their own networks either. You have to look beyond just the product on the court in any given year.

I will say this, if they have proof that Cal or anybody at UK is dirty, then I will accept any and all punishment. I do think most all schools operate in a gray area, but if a law or rules are broken, punish us.

Kansas is mentioned so many times it is not funny plus all the players at Kansas that have been in trouble with the NCAA is definitely not a good look. Kansas is in deep trouble.

The entire basketball recruiting landscape is a bad look. That’s what fools like you can’t seem to grasp.

Am I wrong, or was Kansas already been notified months ago? I don't think there is a chance in hell that KU gets completely left out of this. They may not have the evidence to make anything stick, but they sure as shit will take them thru the entire process. I'd venture to guess the Townsend recording---which cant be used, but he can be asked about---will be a big talking point, as well as Self texting with Gassnola. I think the ncaa will drag Kansas thru the mud but nothing to crazy will happen. Its not a court of law but Im sure Kansas will threaten to sue if they try to over step their bounds in levying punishment with little to no evidence.

Reactions: cooljeff
UNC and Duke

Lulz I hope you play the powerball tonight because that has a better chance of hitting.

No shit Sherlock. Good job deflecting everything though based on a single conversation.

When Code said, "If I let my kid go to Kentucky, I promise you I won’t get him back," he meant that he wouldn't get them to sign with Adidas after college. That's not shocking. I would venture to say that most kids that go to Adidas schools end up signing with Adidas and same for Nike and Under Armour. I did think it was funny when everyone thought John Wall was funneled to Cal/UK by Nike and WWW, yet as soon as he turned pro he signed with Reebok. RollLaugh

I was referring to the wiretap in which he talked about how Kentucky, Duke, NC, Syracuse etc all cheat.

I will say this, if they have proof that Cal or anybody at UK is dirty, then I will accept any and all punishment. I do think most all schools operate in a gray area, but if a law or rules are broken, punish us.

But how do you define proof? There’s no proof on Self or staff either. Just some questionable texts and an assistant discussing the demands of a recruit that didn’t play for KU.

Lulz I hope you play the powerball tonight because that has a better chance of hitting.

No shit Sherlock. Good job deflecting everything though based on a single conversation.

Not deflecting anything. I just think the talk of “doing the right thing” is funny. The right thing would be massive sweeping changes and punishment, but the NCAA and all parties involved benefit far too much to make that happen. They’ll just make examples of a few, likely amounting to slaps on wrists, and move on.

I would think that Kentucky fanatics would have some connections to the basketball world, but seemingly none of you do. Hell, I have zero connections, but even I have talked to a former AAU coach who is very candid about all of it.

Bury your heads all you want, but nobody rational or connected buys it. Wishful thinking of the highest order.

Not deflecting anything. I just think the talk of “doing the right thing” is funny. The right thing would be massive sweeping changes and punishment, but the NCAA and all parties involved benefit far too much to make that happen. They’ll just make examples of a few, likely amounting to slaps on wrists, and move on.

I would think that Kentucky fanatics would have some connections to the basketball world, but seemingly none of you do. Hell, I have zero connections, but even I have talked to a former AAU coach who is very candid about all of it.

Bury your heads all you want, but nobody rational or connected buys it. Wishful thinking of the highest order.
My concern as a Kansas fan is what is and is not punishable via NCAA rules. Does the HC or AC have some sort of obligatory duty to notify the ncaa if a player or family member requests money? Was it permissible for Self and Townsend to have conversations about recruits? Also another thing to consider is Silvios situation and what criteria they used to deem him ineligible. Yes, his appeal was successful, but it didn't nullify wrong doing. It means they finally agreed that whatever infraction was committed, was satisfied with the one year suspension this past season. A whole season lost had to be based on more than just the $2500 in my mind. (right or wrong) Don't get caught up battling the dickcheese fans repeating how effed KU is, but some of these issues are valid and should be considered when speculating what could actually happen with this whole cluster.

I guess we'll know in July. I'm thinking UofL is a lock for 1 of the 2 high profile schools, then it comes down to AZ and KU. I'm thinking KU then AZ gets hit in the last 4.

This is not wishful thinking, just an opinion.

My concern as a Kansas fan is what is and is not punishable via NCAA rules. Does the HC or AC have some sort of obligatory duty to notify the ncaa if a player or family member requests money? Was it permissible for Self and Townsend to have conversations about recruits? Also another thing to consider is Silvios situation and what criteria they used to deem him ineligible. Yes, his appeal was successful, but it didn't nullify wrong doing. It means they finally agreed that whatever infraction was committed, was satisfied with the one year suspension this past season. A whole season lost had to be based on more than just the $2500 in my mind. (right or wrong) Don't get caught up battling the dickcheese fans repeating how effed KU is, but some of these issues are valid and should be considered when speculating what could actually happen with this whole cluster.

Also, will the NCAA follow its own rules?

As for De Sousa, the length of suspension apparently had a lot to do with the alleged 20k payment that never was.

I’m prepared for some level of punishment; just not that worried about it. If they take a few scholarships or even rip down the final four banner, it doesn’t matter much to me. A postseason ban would suck, but I don’t see it happening.

"At least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive notices of allegations for Level I violations from the NCAA by the summer, stemming from the federal government's recently completed investigation of the sport, a top NCAA official told CBS Sports.

Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July.

The remaining four would be rolled out later in the summer in what was described as a wave of NCAA investigations meant to clean up major-college basketball."

"Those top coaches that were mentioned in the trials where the information shows what was being said was a violation of NCAA rules, yes. They will be all part of these notices of allegations," Wilcox said.

"It's a great opportunity for the enforcement staff, the committee on infractions, as well as our whole community to now try to … put things back where they need to be," Wilcox said.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/at-least-six-college-basketball-programs-will-be-notified-of-major-ncaa-violations-by-this-summer/

They're about to go in dry on some schools.

Northern Illinois state and Montana central are going to get nailed

UNC and Duke
I was referring to the wiretap in which he talked about how Kentucky, Duke, NC, Syracuse etc all cheat.
He's just naming names to name names. This is what he said, "Nike schools pay too," Code says on one of the videos. "In some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of those schools are doing something to help their kids."

As for De Sousa, the length of suspension apparently had a lot to do with the alleged 20k payment that never was.

I’m prepared for some level of punishment; just not that worried about it. If they take a few scholarships or even rip down the final four banner, it doesn’t matter much to me. A postseason ban would suck, but I don’t see it happening.
A postseason ban would be the only thing I would hate to see. I wouldn’t want to see any loss of scholarships either but it wouldn’t concern me too much. I don’t want to see them take down wins or the Final Four but that wouldn’t be a big deal. I already watched all of those games.

He's just naming names to name names. This is what he said, "Nike schools pay too," Code says on one of the videos. "In some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of those schools are doing something to help their kids."

It is pretty crazy the amount of money these guys are making in the NBA. I think UK alone is close to 2 Billion.

A postseason ban would be the only thing I would hate to see. I wouldn’t want to see any loss of scholarships either but it wouldn’t concern me too much. I don’t want to see them take down wins or the Final Four but that wouldn’t be a big deal. I already watched all of those games.
Even with a scholarship reduction, most teams/coaches only play 10 or so players, and yeah, vacated wins doesn't really mean much. I'd have a hard time imagining the NCAA doing any kind of postseason ban. It punishes the innocent players and hell, they took away UL's title and wouldn't even go as far as a postseason ban.

Even with a scholarship reduction, most teams/coaches only play 10 or so players, and yeah, vacated wins doesn't really mean much. I'd have a hard time imagining the NCAA doing any kind of postseason ban. It punishes the innocent players and hell, they took away UL's title and wouldn't even go as far as a postseason ban.
That’s true but having reduced scholarships might keep them from signing some 4 year guys that usually become very important as upperclassmen. Of course, KU is Transfer U so they wouldn’t have any problems filling those needs when the scholarships do become open again.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

The biggest impact it would have on my life is that I’d probably have to put that robot kl on ignore.Laughing

Reactions: schoonerwest

The banner would suck because it will always be talked about in some form or fashion for Kansas and Self. But a post season ban would be terrible. I think they will try to level UL and Zona and throw something at KU that sucks, but will suck less after appeal. I think it really helps us that the federal court found adidas guilty of defrauding kansas and that there is court sworn testimony (and other evidence) that proves it was hidden from kansas. The only thing they can come at Kansas for was conversations with adidas reps concerning recruits imo.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The banner would suck because it will always be talked about in some form or fashion for Kansas and Self. But a post season ban would be terrible. I think they will try to level UL and Zona and throw something at KU that sucks, but will suck less after appeal. I think it really helps us that the federal court found adidas guilty of defrauding kansas and that there is court sworn testimony (and other evidence) that proves it was hidden from kansas. The only thing they can come at Kansas for was conversations with adidas reps concerning recruits imo.
I think the Zion stuff is the biggest red flag, but that whole story will probably never come to light. Kansas can thank Duke for that, because the NCAA will never sniff in K's direction. :D

My point is that it’s not a good look and that fact can’t be spun. He specifically named Kentucky and he is someone who was right in the middle of it for years.

That, in context with the agent dealings, plus being heavily involved in recruiting players with huge demands like Zion...not a good look. That’s all I’m saying.

It’s not a good look for anyone. You can literally go down the line and find something shady or questionable about nearly every power 5 school. It’s just funny to see fans of the school that has collected the most elite talent of any over the last decade, including the likes of Anthony Davis, pretend to be the only school with ethics.

My point is that it’s not a good look and that fact can’t be spun. He specifically named Kentucky and he is someone who was right in the middle of it for years.

That, in context with the agent dealings, plus being heavily involved in recruiting players with huge demands like Zion...not a good look. That’s all I’m saying.

It’s not a good look for anyone. You can literally go down the line and find something shady or questionable about nearly every power 5 school. It’s just funny to see fans of the school that has collected the most elite talent of any over the last decade, including the likes of Anthony Davis, pretend to be the only school with ethics.
There's a big difference in saying "we're not being investigated", and "we're the only school with ethics"

I'm not sure who exactly (you should call them out specifically), but that reads like you're paraphrasing and putting words in someone's mouth.

He specifically named 4 of the biggest Nike names as well as "all of those schools." I would expect him to rattle off the big names when trying to make a point rather than a bunch of obscure Nike-sponsored programs.

I think the Zion stuff is the biggest red flag, but that whole story will probably never come to light. Kansas can thank Duke for that, because the NCAA will never sniff in K's direction. :D
Well, I like to hope! Not being able to use the tape with KT/Code might keep the sword from falling...or negate the teeth of the punishment after appeal.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
There's a big difference in saying "we're not being investigated", and "we're the only school with ethics"

I'm not sure who exactly (you should call them out specifically), but that reads like you're paraphrasing and putting words in someone's mouth.

Virtually all of your fans have taken the “prove it or it doesn’t exist” stance.

ADVERTISEMENT