ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the two "High Profile" schools about to get served?

"There was absolutely no NCAA news last week based on what I read except obviously a spokesperson spoke about what he thought was going to happen," Self said. "How can I say this? I was shocked to read something that something could be said that was not specifically intended for anyone, but it made all 20 schools that were mentioned in the FBI deal and their fanbase feel like it was."

"I've got no comment on it because only he knows what exactly what he meant by what he said, except that fact that he said schools would definitely be served this summer, which, I guess that could [very well be] true," Self said. "I just think to predetermine what's going to happen before investigations are done, I think that comes pretty strong."

"I have no knowledge of who he was talking about or anything like that," Self said. "But certainly the fanbases of all the people that were mentioned, I'm sure, are very interested in what he meant by [his collective comments]."

Well that clears that up.

Untill I see them do something, I have no faith in the NCAA doing what is right. They look the other way with certain schools and coaches, so I find it hard to believe they will touch KU or Self.Arizona, maybe, nobody cares about west coast basketball.

Agreed

"There was absolutely no NCAA news last week based on what I read except obviously a spokesperson spoke about what he thought was going to happen," Self said. "How can I say this? I was shocked to read something that something could be said that was not specifically intended for anyone, but it made all 20 schools that were mentioned in the FBI deal and their fanbase feel like it was."

"I've got no comment on it because only he knows what exactly what he meant by what he said, except that fact that he said schools would definitely be served this summer, which, I guess that could [very well be] true," Self said. "I just think to predetermine what's going to happen before investigations are done, I think that comes pretty strong."

"I have no knowledge of who he was talking about or anything like that," Self said. "But certainly the fanbases of all the people that were mentioned, I'm sure, are very interested in what he meant by [his collective comments]."

Recruiting damage control imo.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It will be the schools that have already been named. Doubt any surprise school, that hasn't been named by a credible source, would get a letter this summer.

Also whatever is going on with shoe companies and Arizona/Kansas/Auburn/etc. is going on at my school and every other P5 school in the country. To think that it doesn't would be pretty naive.

What is he supposed to say? Of course he is going to dance around it. Every coach would/does. You're better than that Lurker.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
It will be the schools that have already been named. Doubt any surprise school, that hasn't been named by a credible source, would get a letter this summer.

Also whatever is going on with shoe companies and Arizona/Kansas/Auburn/etc. is going on at my school and every other P5 school in the country. To think that it doesn't would be pretty naive.

Wow! A breakthrough. Someone who doesn’t act like a child who refuses to accept that the Easter bunny isn’t real.

Reactions: ZonaCat2301
I’ve read through this whole thread and I’m trying to figure out why the little to no mention of LSU. Wade was literally caught on tap saying something along the lines that he will do whatever is necessary for said player.

Same with Miller except he wasn’t on tap himself, I don’t believe, but there were people discussing that he knew.

Those are the 2 obvious ones imo. Both of those have 1 thing in common. The head coach was involved in some way.

It’s hard to tell what the NCAA defines “high profile” but looking at the investigation and who seems to have eligibility issues, which is a key factor according to Wilcox, it’s clear to me that LSU and Arizona check all of the boxes.

Us, KU, and Zona were notified of an inquiry a few months ago, but that doesn’t mean that it’s between those 3. I’m sure other schools got an inquiry as well.
I'm thinking it's because nobody really cares about LSU basketball.

I doubt anyone on here will be affected by LSU getting hammered.

I'm thinking it's because nobody really cares about LSU basketball.

I doubt anyone on here will be affected by LSU getting hammered.

I would not mind if they stopped recruiting at such a high level. In fact, I would welcome that :)

I would not mind if they stopped recruiting at such a high level. In fact, I would welcome that :)
Well, competition is a good thing. I like seeing other SEC schools bring in top players.

But LSU's latest recruiting class us rated 32nd by 247 sports (that's just the first place I looked) and really only has 1 stud shown. 5* Trendon Watford. They have two more 3 stars signed.

Given what they lost to the NBA, that's not very good.

Still, the perception will be that KU cheats and Duke doesn’t, because obviously the NCAA is fair and thorough.

I don't think it's a perception issue so much as a "what can you prove" issue. As we've seen in the poll, everyone but UNC fans believe that UNC got away with something, so we can see a clear divergence of perception and enforcement.

I don't think most rational fans (keep in mind the word "rational" is doing a lot of work here) think that their schools are only getting players that are strictly eligible. The issue is whether it is the schools/coaches that are involved or others (shoe companies, handlers, etc...), and what is provable as against the schools. If it's just intermediaries, the Maggette precedent says nothing happens to the school if the player is already gone. If it's the coaches/schools directly (and provably) involved, then it's a bigger deal for NCAA enforcement purposes, if not perception.

Titles are so hard to come by and they're going to take one away for some girls in the dorm. I know it's a bit more than that, but come on.

Speaking of words doing a lot of work, here we have "it's a bit more than that." Um, yeah. Taking away a title might have been severe, but the NCAA is 100% going to hammer prostitution with allegations of minor involvement.

Cal-El if you will

This is really good, nice!

A couple of you guys are so ate up with UK that you call out “Calipari” during sex!!!

Board is on fire!

Ah, I forgot the third and most likely option....parakeet. Laughing

More good zingers. No sarcasm.

What is he supposed to say? Of course he is going to dance around it. Every coach would/does. You're better than that Lurker.

I'm better than quoting him? I'm not sure what you mean. It's 3 paragraphs of his words I quoted. I put in quotations and italics to clarify I was quoting someone else.

It's not my day to be his PR person.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the schools that had assistants actually found guilty be at the forefront? Which two schools are the most high profile out of that group?

Wouldn't the schools that had assistants actually found guilty be at the forefront? Which two schools are the most high profile out of that group?

I would think that the guilt of assistants is only the starting point for two reasons: (1) Steering to the shoe company for the pros is not the same as buying players for the college. (2) was there lack of institutional control. The thing that the NCAA will look at is "institutional control." Was the head coach and AD looking the other way or was it so obvious that all they had to do was take a cursory look. If they "knew or should have known" then it is "lack of institutional control."

That always seems to be what gets a school burnt. I'm hoping that Evans was run out of town on a rail when our administrative oversight caught a whiff of what he was doing with Dozier. I hope, I hope, I hope.

I firmly believe that it starts right there. If you’re a school that has a coach caught on audio/video/email/text discussing payments to players with a runner is right in the crosshairs here. The NCAA is saber-rattling right now, but at the end of the day, they’re going to go after the ones that are easy to prove.

I think the easiest ones for the NCAA to go after are Arizona (Ayton recruitment) and a bunch of schools that were recruiting Brian Bowen (Louisville, NC St., Creighton). The indictments of assistant coaches that were steering people to agents only matter if the player was a recruit or hadn’t declared as far as the NCAA is concerned. After that things get a little bit more murky. Players getting paid only matters as far as NCAA violations is concerned (not player eligibility) if it was someone affiliated with the university doing the paying or if the staff knew.

Proving that they “should” have known is hard. If the school’s compliance department has good processes, it’s hard to prove they should have known if they followed those processes and nothing was flagged. If they don’t have good processes or didn’t flag something they should have, that’s something different.

Reactions: toonces11
I’ve read through this whole thread and I’m trying to figure out why the little to no mention of LSU. Wade was literally caught on tap saying something along the lines that he will do whatever is necessary for said player.

Because Will Wade has mob ties. Its best that you keep his name out of your mouth

Well, competition is a good thing. I like seeing other SEC schools bring in top players.

But LSU's latest recruiting class us rated 32nd by 247 sports (that's just the first place I looked) and really only has 1 stud shown. 5* Trendon Watford. They have two more 3 stars signed.

Given what they lost to the NBA, that's not very good.
This guy could change everything
DaIyTmvUwAAOVgz.jpg

“Notices”? That sounds stupid and that nothing will happen to either of these teams.

Reactions: KisteK
Carolina being exonerated broke this board beyond repair.

Its kind of like the Mueller report exonerating the big orange guy..... Like Mueller, the NCAA stated it was out of their jurisdiction. That is not being exonerated.

So what you're saying is that the NCAA said nothing to see here? Exonerated, cleared, not guilty etc IMO it all means the same thing. UNC said from the jump this matter isn't in your wheel house but it took those clowns 4+ years to figure that out.

So what you're saying is that the NCAA said nothing to see here? Exonerated, cleared, not guilty etc IMO it all means the same thing. UNC said from the jump this matter isn't in your wheel house but it took those clowns 4+ years to figure that out.

You know you got lucky. Nothing wrong with that. But exonerated, no lol. UNC did help initiate, along with the FBI stuff, change the way the NCAA does business now. The 5 toughest cases each year gets delegated to a committee apart from the NCAA. Headed by Condoleezza Rice..

No the NCAA said, they didn't have jurisdiction. Specifically they couldn't include academic violations. There was no verdict of exonerating what UNC did... just a loop hole that was taken advantage of. Plus how many millions did UNC spend? You could used that money for real classes lol....

You know you got lucky. Nothing wrong with that. But exonerated, no lol. UNC did help initiate, along with the FBI stuff, change the way the NCAA does business now. The 5 toughest cases each year gets delegated to a committee apart from the NCAA. Headed by Condoleezza Rice..

No the NCAA said, they didn't have jurisdiction. Specifically they couldn't include academic violations. There was no verdict of exonerating what UNC did... just a loop hole that was taken advantage of. Plus how many millions did UNC spend? You could used that money for real classes lol....

It wasn't luck. They knew they didn't have a case and dragged their feet to the tune of of 4+ years. I understand what you're saying and we can agree to disagree on using the word exonerated. The end result is all that matters to us. Winking

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT