ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas still favors Duke over Kentucky

Kind of like they did the last time they played?

Seems to me the only nuts that got dragged was everyone on Kentucky’s to dUKe....
Yeah and the time before that Duke won. Big deal. I'll be at the game, haven't missed a single UK/Duke champions classic game yet. Should be fun.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
UK-Duke as the first game of the year is so sweet. Both teams coming off an international trip so there shouldn't be as many growing pains either. I'd favor UK personally due to better returning talent + the acquisition of Travis.

Duke has been picked at the top the last 3-4 years. Ain’t nobody scared.

They actually have a point guard this year though which they didn't have the last 2 years. No real good inside presence though and lot of questions about shooting. Gonna be a weird Duke team.

Reactions: 829305
I’d pick Kentucky.
tenor.gif

Judging by the rosters UK should be able to have their way in the paint against Duke. This UK team has a chance to be real good and the good thing is we get to play both teams.

Reactions: BigBlueCatNation
Who wants to place odds on Cole Anthony reclassifying ? That's all Duke needs tbh.

Yeah and the time before that Duke won. Big deal. I'll be at the game, haven't missed a single UK/Duke champions classic game yet. Should be fun.

Me either. It will basically be a home game for Kentucky, so it will be interesting to see if dUKe gets drubbed again.

I love my UNC TAR HEELS!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

RJ Barrett has already beaten Cal on the World stage with less talent. He'll eat Cal's lunch again! :D

Are PJ Washington and Reid Travis going to play many minutes simultaneously? If so, that should make it fairly easy to attack the rim without a shot-blocking presence.

Are PJ Washington and Reid Travis going to play many minutes simultaneously? If so, that should make it fairly easy to attack the rim without a shot-blocking presence.
I’d say they’ll play quite a bit together... which means they’ll own the paint. Duke won’t have a prayer at stopping either of them.

Reactions: treyforuk
I’d say they’ll play quite a bit together... which means they’ll own the paint. Duke won’t have a prayer at stopping either of them.

Obviously those two are better scorers and play-makers than the Duke bigs, but the Duke guys defend and rebound better... I'd actually feel more confident if Washington and Travis are playing together.

Rebounds Per 40 Minutes:
DeLaurier- 12.4
Bolden- 11.0
Travis- 10.3
Washington- 8.3

Blocks Per 40 minutes:
Bolden- 3.0
DeLaurier- 1.8
Washington- 1.2
Travis- 0.1

Also, if those guys are getting lots of touches, I think Duke's chances are actually a little better. The 2 Kentucky bigs aren't shooting off the charts, not anywhere near 60%. And they can get to the foul line, but they're not great free throw shooters. Of Duke's top 8 players last year, 6 of them had a higher true shooting percentage than both Washington and Travis.

Reactions: Quavarius
Obviously those two are better scorers and play-makers than the Duke bigs, but the Duke guys defend and rebound better... I'd actually feel more confident if Washington and Travis are playing together.

Rebounds Per 40 Minutes:
DeLaurier- 12.4
Bolden- 11.0
Travis- 10.3
Washington- 8.3

Blocks Per 40 minutes:
Bolden- 3.0
DeLaurier- 1.8
Washington- 1.2
Travis- 0.1

Also, if those guys are getting lots of touches, I think Duke's chances are actually a little better. The 2 Kentucky bigs aren't shooting off the charts, not anywhere near 60%. And they can get to the foul line, but they're not great free throw shooters. Of Duke's top 8 players last year, 6 of them had a higher true shooting percentage than both Washington and Travis.

FACTZ

Reactions: dukedevilz
Going to be fun smacking Duke, Kansas, and North Carolina around all in the same season. Can’t wait.
Man, I've been crunching the numbers and I just don't see how there's any possible way that Kentucky beats KU next year. Anytime that the two teams have played where they both have an equal amount of talent on the court it always leads to a KU victory. Cal needs to have 2012 or 2015 type teams to beat Bill Self and that's just not happening this year. Bill Self is just a better coach than John Calipari and really the only people who would argue that are Kentucky fans. I'm thinking something like 77-73 KU with it only being that close because the game is in Lexington.

Man, I've been crunching the numbers and I just don't see how there's any possible way that Kentucky beats KU next year. Anytime that the two teams have played where they both have an equal amount of talent on the court it always leads to a KU victory. Cal needs to have 2012 or 2015 type teams to beat Bill Self and that's just not happening this year. Bill Self is just a better coach than John Calipari and really the only people who would argue that are Kentucky fans. I'm thinking something like 77-73 KU with it only being that close because the game is in Lexington.
Guess they shouldn’t play the game! Kentucky never beats Kansas in basketball. Oh wait ;)

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
ADVERTISEMENT