ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs UNC

The 14 point differential is pretty surprising when you consider the fact that unc dominated the tempo in both games. Duke was unable to sustain any kind of momentum in 80 minutes of basketball.

Like I said before, their strategy was sound. Don't let RJ go off. UNC just happened to have some guys have great games that aren't RJ

IMG-9026.jpg

Learned from the master. 🤣

His form needs a little work though.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Congrats Carolina fans.

No way Duke deserves anything higher than a five seed. They have played one team in conference play that is currently ranked, and lost handily both times (UNC)...

They have literally beaten no one with a pulse since the calendar turned...

Reactions: kyjeff1
Congrats Carolina fans.

No way Duke deserves anything higher than a five seed. They have played one team in conference play that is currently ranked, and lost handily both times (UNC)...

Oh shut the fvck up. As many flaws as Duke has. You can't say with a straight face that there are 16-20 teams that should be seeded ahead of them this year.

Oh shut the fvck up. As many flaws as Duke has. You can't say with a straight face that there are 16-20 teams that should be seeded ahead of them this year.
Sure....Duke is a top 20 team. To be precise, they are in the 17-20 range, which would put them right at the 5 seed range.

Let me know what is impressive on their resume since Jan 1....

I will give you a hint...they have beaten no one that is currently ranked. No one. The only team they have played that is ranked they were beat handily twice.

Those are the facts, I am sorry if you don't like them.

Maybe Duke can play powerhouse WF again in the ACC tournament.

• Haha
Reactions: JC for 3
Sure....Duke is a top 20 team. To be precise, they are in the 17-20 range, which would put them right at the 5 seed range.

Let me know what is impressive on their resume since Jan 1....

I will give you a hint...they have beaten no one that is currently ranked. No one. The only team they have played that is ranked they were beat handily twice.

Those are the facts, I am sorry if you don't like them.

Maybe Duke can play powerhouse WF again in the ACC tournament.
No. You give me the 16-20 teams this year that should be seeded ahead of them.

Congrats Carolina fans.

They will most definitely be higher than a 5 seed.

Dang, I had Duke as my 12. Great win by the heels.
It’s going to be interesting to see if Duke can respond if they meet in the ACCT.
Between the ACC, BIG12 & SEC conference tournaments, Joey Brackets is going to be pulling his hair out trying to keep up. There's going to be a lot of seed shuffling.

They will most definitely be higher than a 5 seed.
Oh they most definitely will. I am saying they don't deserve it. They should be no higher then a 5 seed.

When you feast on UL, ND, Miami, GT, BC, VT, etc, and get soundly beaten twice by the only other team currently ranked, and your only win of note is a flippin Dec game against Baylor at Cameron North, anything higher then a 5 seed is just the committe slobbering over the name.

Duke is nothing special, at all.

Oh they most definitely will. I am saying they don't deserve it. They should be no higher then a 5 seed.

When you feast on UL, ND, Miami, GT, BC, VT, etc, and get soundly beaten twice by the only other team currently ranked, and your only win of note is a flippin Dec game against Baylor at Cameron North, anything higher then a 5 seed is just the committe slobbering over the name.

Duke is nothing special, at all.
You can say this shit. But you can't give us 16-20 teams that deserve to be seeded higher. You're just being emotional.

They asked Ingram about the issue and it was kind of funny, and kind of illustrates how everyone feels about Valentine at times (who clearly saw it because he went over to Flip to talk to him about it right after it happened).

Question: It looked like Kyle Filipowski tripped you? What did it look like to you?

Ingram: “I haven’t seen it yet.”

Q: Did you think it was a dirty play?

“I mean, on the court, I did. I definitely was a little upset. But I don’t want to say anything too soon until I see what happened.”

Q: What did the referee (Ted Valentine) say to you when you approached him about it?

Ingram: “He was like, he didn’t see it. And I was like, ‘what do you mean you didn’t see it? Were you watching the game?’

They asked Ingram about the issue and it was kind of funny, and kind of illustrates how everyone feels about Valentine at times (who clearly saw it because he went over to Flip to talk to him about it right after it happened).

Question: It looked like Kyle Filipowski tripped you? What did it look like to you?

Ingram: “I haven’t seen it yet.”

Q: Did you think it was a dirty play?

“I mean, on the court, I did. I definitely was a little upset. But I don’t want to say anything too soon until I see what happened.”

Q: What did the referee (Ted Valentine) say to you when you approached him about it?

Ingram: “He was like, he didn’t see it. And I was like, ‘what do you mean you didn’t see it? Were you watching the game?’
Based on TV Teddy’s immediate reaction I have a hard time believing that. Either way I don’t understand why they didn’t check it on the monitor after.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Based on TV Teddy’s immediate reaction I have a hard time believing that. Either way I don’t understand why they didn’t check it on the monitor after.

Exactly! He saw Harrison look back and ran towards him thinking he was going to react. TV Teddy saw it and for him to say he didn't is BS.

Last edited:
Yeah, and if Harrison had reacted he would have called a double tech or something, which is garbage officiating. Why are you scared to make the right call in the first place?

Hard to believe Tripipowski is a liar too
Trippipowski? You're typically better than this. Lol. Turrible. But yeah, Filipowski either needs to own it or plead the 5th. I can't remember the last Duke player I was more disappointed in.

Reactions: AWilli6995
What a terrible liar. He looked back at him right before his "foot slipped while trying to get up." 😂
Apparently you've never had your foot slip on the air before while having a neck cramp. It has the appearance of you looking back and lifting your leg up. But it is something out of your control. Ingram was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I’d defend Grayson Allen if he shanked a single mother in the stands (it was a play on the ball), at least he did something for Duke. Filipowski can kick rocks with this bush league bullshit.

I respect this position.

This Duke team is better than Kentucky @bignish? If you say so...
I still think Duke is better than UK and all the metrics back that up. I’m not going to overreact to one game samples. UNC’s arguably a top 5 team and are a bad matchup for us.

UK’s defense was solid today though it seemed like the Vols missed a lot of easy shots.

Congrats Carolina fans.

A 5 seed? I know you don’t respect the ACC but that’s ridiculous. Name 16 teams that they should be seeded below and yes UK should still be seeded below them.

• Haha
A 5 seed? I know you don’t respect the ACC but that’s ridiculous. Name 16 teams that they should be seeded below and yes UK should still be seeded below them.

He brings up good points. I think Duke should be a 5. Gonna go out before the end of the first weekend anyways, regardless the seed.

I still think Duke is better than UK and all the metrics back that up. I’m not going to overreact to one game samples. UNC’s arguably a top 5 team and are a bad matchup for us.

UK’s defense was solid today though it seemed like the Vols missed a lot of easy shots.
Dude. Take off the devil blue shades...Duke is a slightly above average tournament team. Who have they beaten in 2024 that has a pulse? Clemson, the one point win Duke had at home in which the refs gifted Duke two FTs at the end? What else have they done??

You seem to be way too enamored with wins against Miami, FSU, BC, UL, GT, Syr, ND, NCST, etc...those teams blow dude.

Duke hasn't beaten anyone in 2024, so the past almost 3 months, that is currently rated. They were beaten handily twice by UNC. They lost at WF. What are you relying on to say that Duke is good, a Nov win against a 13 loss MSU team that should be nowhere near the tourney field? A win at Cameron north in Dec against a Baylor team that wasn't good at all at that point (were blown out by MSU)...

As to your point about UK, they have won at Miss St, at Auburn, vs Bama, and at UT...ALL IN THE PAST MONTH!!! What the heck has Duke done in the past month?? Heck, what have they done in 2024?

Last edited:
Duke had a shot to prove themselves against a real team on Saturday, they didn't do it. They don't look like a team that will see the sweet 16.
I think they do a lot of things well, just not good enough to beat good tournament teams. They don't seem tough enough to me.
Duke is a 5 seed at best IMO.
UNC is legit, so at least the Devils lost to a good team this time.

Duke had a shot to prove themselves against a real team on Saturday, they didn't do it. They don't look like a team that will see the sweet 16.
I think they do a lot of things well, just not good enough to beat good tournament teams. They don't seem tough enough to me.
UNC looks good. The fact that they were in control the entire game, at Cameron, with Davis and Bacot contributing very little offensively is impressive.

Was a good win, for sure.

Dude. Take off the devil blue shades...Duke is a slightly above average tournament team. Who have they beaten in 2024 that has a pulse? Clemson, the one point win Duke had at home in which the refs gifted Duke two FTs at the end? What else have they done??

You seem to be way too enamored with wins against Miami, FSU, BC, UL, GT, Syr, ND, NCST, etc...those teams blow dude.

Duke hasn't beaten anyone in 2024, so the past almost 3 months, that is currently rated. They were beaten handily twice by UNC. They lost at WF. What are you relying on to say that Duke is good, a Nov win against a 13 loss MSU team that should be nowhere near the tourney field? A win at Cameron north in Dec against a Baylor team that wasn't good at all at that point (were blown out by MSU)...

As to your point about UK, they have won at Miss St, at Auburn, vs Bama, and at UT...ALL IN THE PAST MONTH!!! What the heck has Duke done in the past month?? Heck, what have they done in 2024?
Slightly above average? You are what your record says you are and wins against mediocre competition count too. If it was so easy to beat bubble teams and other top 100 teams, UK wouldn't have lost to UNC Wilmington, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida and gotten blown out at South Carolina.

Duke's only gotten 2 real chances vs at an elite team this year and we've lost but there's no shame in losing to a top 5 UNC squad. Its not our fault the ACC is mediocre this year and doesn't have other title threats we can face.

Duke is still 11-7 in Quad 1 + 2 games while UK is 8-7. Mississippi State is nothing special to be bragging about, Bama has been mediocre away from home and Auburn only has 1 win over a Quad 1 team.

Who has Auburn beaten with a pulse? I think they're good since the metrics say they are but they've really only been good at home and have destroyed bad teams like they're supposed to.

Is Auburn a 5 Seed to you?

The NCAAT is all about matchups but Duke's taken care of business vs lesser teams so I don't think they're more upset prone than any other contender.

They have an elite offense and a solid defense which translates pretty well to advancing to the Sweet 16.

Duke is a likely 3 Seed and would only drop to a 4 if they lost in the 1st game of the ACCT maybe.

UNC looks good. The fact that they were in control the entire game, at Cameron, with Davis and Bacot contributing very little offensively is impressive.

Was a good win, for sure.
Agreed. They are the class of the ACC.

The NCAAT is all about matchups but Duke's taken care of business vs lesser teams so I don't think they're more upset prone than any other contender.

They have an elite offense and a solid defense which translates pretty well to advancing to the Sweet 16.

Duke is a likely 3 Seed and would only drop to a 4 if they lost in the 1st game of the ACCT maybe.
Duke has only played 1 team in conference play that has an elite defense according to KP and that team is unc, they lost both games.
Wake forest is the only other team in the top 50 in the ACC not named duke or unc. You have no idea if the offense is elite or not tbh, duke hasn't beaten a good defensive team.
I started to like duke, but they appear to have leveled off.
Anything can happen in the tournament, especially when you have talent. Duke has plenty of talent, but if they run into a team that is physical, they're done.

Metrics are inflated because Duke has beat up on shit teams. Kentucky has lost some game they shouldn't have but they clearly are hitting their peak at the right time. They've lost 2 games in the last month. A 4 point loss to Gonzaga down 2 starters at the time, and a buzzer beater on the road. Also have 3 wins in that frame better than any Duke win this season.

Metrics are inflated because Duke has beat up on shit teams. Kentucky has lost some game they shouldn't have but they clearly are hitting their peak at the right time. They've lost 2 games in the last month. A 4 point loss to Gonzaga down 2 starters at the time, and a buzzer beater on the road. Also have 3 wins in that frame better than any Duke win this season.
Duke doesn't have the opportunity to get elite wins besides UNC since they play in a down ACC.

Duke's lost 4 times in 2024: 2x UNC, Wake on the road and at home vs Pitt when they were down 2 starters

Beating up on mediocre competition is what good and great teams are supposed to do. Its an issue if you can't do that.

Duke has only played 1 team in conference play that has an elite defense according to KP and that team is unc, they lost both games.
Wake forest is the only other team in the top 50 in the ACC not named duke or unc. You have no idea if the offense is elite or not tbh, duke hasn't beaten a good defensive team.
I started to like duke, but they appear to have leveled off.
Anything can happen in the tournament, especially when you have talent. Duke has plenty of talent, but if they run into a team that is physical, they're done.
This is just false. Pitt and Clemson are both top 50 teams. Clemson's arguably top 25.

Duke's covered the spread in 8 of the last 10 games. I'd argue they're peaking at the right time and just suffered a setback vs an elite UNC team that is a bad matchup for them.

Also UVA literally has the 7th best defense in the country and Duke roasted it a Saturday ago. You have no idea what you're talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT