ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting question for Duke fans

Montana81

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Had an…interesting conversation on House of Blue just now about Duke vs UK in recent recruiting battles.

Would you guys say you feel like you’ve done well against Kentucky in recruiting lately?

To me it sure feels like Duke is handing us our ass in head to heads but maybe that’s an overreaction. Just wanted to see what the Duke fans take on it was like.

I don’t follow recruiting anywhere as close as I used to, so I could be wrong, but I don’t believe there’s anybody out there recruiting at Duke’s level right now. I haven’t thought about it under a Duke vs. Kentucky lens, I think Duke is just generally getting the pick(s) of the litter lately.

When I see the top recruits’ teams losing to the LSUs and the Wake Forests of the world, it galvanizes that recruiting is so subjective, and seldomly correlate with trophies. At the end of each season there is one champion . . . . and 63 losers.

Last edited:
It used to be they didn't always recruit from the same pool; Kentucky would
get players nearby who were also not as good students. But these days, since
both programs are one and done, it doesn't really matter much; they just have to avoid flunking for one semester and then head off to the NBA, so they both recruit from a more similar group.

ADVERTISEMENT