ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs UNC

Duke doesn't have the opportunity to get elite wins besides UNC since they play in a down ACC.

Duke's lost 4 times in 2024: 2x UNC, Wake on the road and at home vs Pitt when they were down 2 starters

Beating up on mediocre competition is what good and great teams are supposed to do. Its an issue if you can't do that.
So because duke hasn’t had opportunities, that means they should just have better metrics???
Duke had opportunities and lost all but the gifted Clemson win.
I would think differently about duke if they took care of business at home on Saturday, but they got exposed for what they truly are.
You're trying to hide behind Quad 1 language, but if you list those Q1 wins, the helium comes out of your balloon.
Duke lacks toughness and physicality, that’s a problem.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
This is just false. Pitt and Clemson are both top 50 teams. Clemson's arguably top 25.

Duke's covered the spread in 8 of the last 10 games. I'd argue they're peaking at the right time and just suffered a setback vs an elite UNC team that is a bad matchup for them.

Also UVA literally has the 7th best defense in the country and Duke roasted it a Saturday ago. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Is Pitt even getting into the tournament?
The win against Clemson was gifted, but fine, go ahead and count it. Now compare duke's good wins against everyone else in the top 20. The results aren't good.
It sucks for me, I had duke as my 12 in the pick em. That’s how much faith I had in them.
I give you credit for having faith in your team and thinking they are peaking right now. You are a true fan.

So because duke hasn’t had opportunities, that means they should just have better metrics???
Duke had opportunities and lost all but the gifted Clemson win.
I would think differently about duke if they took care of business at home on Saturday, but they got exposed for what they truly are.
You're trying to hide behind Quad 1 language, but if you list those Q1 wins, the helium comes out of your balloon.
Duke lacks toughness and physicality, that’s a problem.
Duke beat VT @ VT, won @ Pitt, won at home vs Clemson and won at home vs Wake Forest.

You brag about SEC teams like Florida and Mississippi State who have double digit losses as if they're on a different level than Wake Forest or Pittsburgh.

Florida lost to Vandy over the weekend what a joke.

Luckily most college basketball teams are as soft as butter. I agree that if Duke ran into Houston they'd likely kick our ass and make us cry but they would do that pretty much any team in the tourney besides UConn or Purdue. Heck they just blew out KU at home.

Is Pitt even getting into the tournament?
The win against Clemson was gifted, but fine, go ahead and count it. Now compare duke's good wins against everyone else in the top 20. The results aren't good.
It sucks for me, I had duke as my 12 in the pick em. That’s how much faith I had in them.
I give you credit for having faith in your team and thinking they are peaking right now. You are a true fan.
What does having them #12 in your Pick Em mean? If you think they can't beat elite teams fine but Duke wouldn't play an elite team till the Elite 8.

A 5 seed? I know you don’t respect the ACC but that’s ridiculous. Name 16 teams that they should be seeded below and yes UK should still be seeded below them.
UK beat UNC and Arky... the dookies didn't. The committee cares about who you've beaten.

UK beat UNC and Arky... the dookies didn't. The committee cares about who you've beaten.
Of course they do. They look at your entire resume.

So you think Duke is going to end up as a 5 Seed? Do you want to do an avatar bet on that?

Duke beat VT @ VT, won @ Pitt, won at home vs Clemson and won at home vs Wake Forest.

You brag about SEC teams like Florida and Mississippi State who have double digit losses as if they're on a different level than Wake Forest or Pittsburgh.

Florida lost to Vandy over the weekend what a joke.

Luckily most college basketball teams are as soft as butter. I agree that if Duke ran into Houston they'd likely kick our ass and make us cry but they would do that pretty much any team in the tourney besides UConn or Purdue. Heck they just blew out KU at home.
You act like strength of competition doesn’t matter. Duke has been feasting on really mediocre competition and you're counting losses like everything is created equal.
Then, to make it worse, you're bragging about wins over NIT teams and home wins over okay teams. That’s so bad.
If UK had duke's resume, you would be posting in all caps about how UK's competition and wins are garbage.
You're bragging about road wins over Pitt (who beat duke in Cameron and is an NIT team) and VT, while UK won @ UT, @ Auburn, @ Florida, @ Mississippi State, beat Alabama by 22 (lead by 37) and beat unc. How on earth is duke's resume better? What are you smoking.
South Carolina only has 6 total losses, by your definition, doesn't that make them better than duke? They beat UK, won @ Tennessee, @ MSU, Virginia Tech (LOL), ND (LOL), GT (LOL), Arkansas (by 13), Florida and aTm. They have at least 4 better wins than duke has. Remember, they have fewer losses too.

Reactions: JC for 3
What does having them #12 in your Pick Em mean? If you think they can't beat elite teams fine but Duke wouldn't play an elite team till the Elite 8.
It means I was as fooled as you continue to be. I thought they were better, but after watching them piss down their legs in a game that meant so much, tells me all I need to know.
But you think duke is peaking???

Of course they do. They look at your entire resume.

So you think Duke is going to end up as a 5 Seed? Do you want to do an avatar bet on that?
It’s possible, but it's because the metrics are flawed, I mean, Michigan State not even being on the bubble should prove that to you.

You act like strength of competition doesn’t matter. Duke has been feasting on really mediocre competition and you're counting losses like everything is created equal.
Then, to make it worse, you're bragging about wins over NIT teams and home wins over okay teams. That’s so bad.
If UK had duke's resume, you would be posting in all caps about how UK's competition and wins are garbage.
You're bragging about road wins over Pitt (who beat duke in Cameron and is an NIT team) and VT, while UK won @ UT, @ Auburn, @ Florida, @ Mississippi State, beat Alabama by 22 (lead by 37) and beat unc. How on earth is duke's resume better? What are you smoking.
South Carolina only has 6 total losses, by your definition, doesn't that make them better than duke? They beat UK, won @ Tennessee, @ MSU, Virginia Tech (LOL), ND (LOL), GT (LOL), Arkansas (by 13), Florida and aTm. They have at least 4 better wins than duke has. Remember, they have fewer losses too.
Duke has much better metrics than USC. Their efficiency on offense and defense adjusted for tempo and SOS is better than USC.

No one's saying Duke's resume is as good as UK's. UK's wins are way better.

The problem for UK is Duke is much higher in the metrics.

Duke has much better metrics than USC. Their efficiency on offense and defense adjusted for tempo and SOS is better than USC.

No one's saying Duke's resume is as good as UK's. UK's wins are way better.

The problem for UK is Duke is much higher in the metrics.
I won't disageee with you on most if this.

The problem I see, is matchups. South Carolina is an awful matchup for Duke. They are one of those physical teams that slows the game down and beats you up all game long. You can't simulate it.

Same as Arkansas, they are really physical.

If duke played Florida, it's a coin toss.

Same with Auburn, coin toss.
But, if Duke played Baylor, or Creighton, or Marquette, or Alabama, or Illinois… I'd take Duke.

Hell, I don't want UK to see South Carolina, or Arkansas anymore. They are tough matchups for UK, but Auburn probably beats both easily.

As far as the metrics putting duke higher, that comes down to UK going on a 3 game skid and losing to UNCW in November. Also, UK didn’t beat a bunch of bad teams by big enough margins. However, look at both teams right now, who is hot and who just peed down their leg?

If we're actually being unbiased this Duke team hasn't beaten anyone and they just don't look very good. I would be shocked if we made it out of the first weekend of the tournament.

I won't disageee with you on most if this.

The problem I see, is matchups. South Carolina is an awful matchup for Duke. They are one of those physical teams that slows the game down and beats you up all game long. You can't simulate it.

Same as Arkansas, they are really physical.

If duke played Florida, it's a coin toss.

Same with Auburn, coin toss.
But, if Duke played Baylor, or Creighton, or Marquette, or Alabama, or Illinois… I'd take Duke.

Hell, I don't want UK to see South Carolina, or Arkansas anymore. They are tough matchups for UK, but Auburn probably beats both easily.

As far as the metrics putting duke higher, that comes down to UK going on a 3 game skid and losing to UNCW in November. Also, UK didn’t beat a bunch of bad teams by big enough margins. However, look at both teams right now, who is hot and who just peed down their leg?
Yep. We lost by 40 to Aubs on the road which they are a fortress at home. We do not match up well with them at all and I hope to avoid them in the dance.

Reactions: kyjeff1
If we're actually being unbiased this Duke team hasn't beaten anyone and they just don't look very good. I would be shocked if we made it out of the first weekend of the tournament.
Agree.

If I’m being honest, I feel like this Duke team is uniquely hated by the fanbase since they came in as preseason #2 and the sophomores didn’t develop as we expected. Also everyone hates Flip.

They’ve still been really good though and beaten the teams in conference they should have. We’ve won games @VT, @FSU, @Miami and @NCST which have been houses of horror for past Duke squads.

You’d be shocked if we make it out of the first weekend when we have one of the best guard tandems in the country? Our floor is pretty high. I don’t agree with this. We could run into the wrong matchup but that could happen to anyone.

Glad to see yall finally admitting how overrated Dook is this year
Says the guy who probably wanted to fire Cal a week ago and now thinks UK will win a title now since they beat UT :rolleyes:

If I’m being honest, I feel like this Duke team is uniquely hated by the fanbase since they came in as preseason #2 and the sophomores didn’t develop as we expected. Also everyone hates Flip.

They’ve still been really good though and beaten the teams in conference they should have. We’ve won games @VT, @FSU, @Miami and @NCST which have been houses of horror for past Duke squads.

You’d be shocked if we make it out of the first weekend when we have one of the best guard tandems in the country? Our floor is pretty high. I don’t agree with this. We could run into the wrong matchup but that could happen to anyone.
I don't hate them, they just aren't very good. What's our best win? Michigan state lol?

I think this Duke team is pretty likeable. First group of guys in a while that seemed to be relateable. I was noticing the back up center (brown hair, unshaven) looks like he’s hungover and on his second divorce jumpingsmile . Not in a bad way, just in a more common, likable way.

Says the guy who probably wanted to fire Cal a week ago and now thinks UK will win a title now since they beat UT :rolleyes:

Still do. It's a super unique team where Cal still doesn't play the best lineups enough.

Kentucky isn't good either. Down year.

They are super flawed, but incredibly fun. Would be fine if they haven't been shit for half the last decade

Reactions: tw3301
Still do. It's a super unique team where Cal still doesn't play the best lineups enough.

They are super flawed, but incredibly fun. Would be fine if they haven't been shit for half the last decade
I just think college basketball sucks now. I've watched 4 Duke games in their entirety this year and I used to never miss a game.

I think this Duke team is pretty likeable. First group of guys in a while that seemed to be relateable. I was noticing the back up center (brown hair, unshaven) looks like he’s hungover and on his second divorce jumpingsmile . Not in a bad way, just in a more common, likable way.
Ryan Young, yeah, that dude has 2.3 kids and has his favorite minivan on layaway.

I just think college basketball sucks now. I've watched 4 Duke games in their entirety this year and I used to never miss a game.
Speaking only for myself, this has been one of the most exciting years of UK basketball over the past 30 years (since I have been watching)...

UK hasn't had an offense this potent since their 1996 championship team. While they can be beyond frustrating defensively, this is probably some of the most fun I have had watching a UK team play.

Speaking only for myself, this has been one of the most exciting years of UK basketball over the past 30 years (since I have been watching)...

UK hasn't had an offense this potent since their 1996 championship team. While they can be beyond frustrating defensively, this is probably some of the most fun I have had watching a UK team play.
Same, any tournament success is the cherry.

@bignish tell me again how good this Duke team is.

BUT THE METRICS!!!!
This team is a joke. Someone needs to be a Duke homer and I’m trying to play that role but this team is a bunch of soft ass losers.

Bet your life savings on Duke to lose in the 1st round. Become rich.

Congrats Kentucky or UNC or whoever on the national title. Most likely UConn again.

I hate life.

**** the metrics, they're not good. Kinda makes the tournament easier on me though because I already know they will lose and I don't care.
It’s a miracle if they make it past the 1st game.

This team is a joke. Someone needs to be a Duke homer and I’m trying to play that role but this team is a bunch of soft ass losers.

Congrats Kentucky or UNC or whoever on the national title. Most likely UConn again.

I hate life.
Wow, I didn't expect this total 180 from the last few weeks.

Wow, I didn't expect this total 180 from the last few weeks.
Congrats on the eventual Final 4 Jeff. I wish Duke’s guards had the heart that yours do.

UK or UConn or UNC will win it all.

We”ll be back with Cooper Flagg next year hopefully we don’t waste another generational talent like we usually do.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Congrats on the eventual Final 4 Jeff. I wish Duke’s guards had the heart that yours do.

UK or UConn or UNC will win it all.

We”ll be back with Cooper Flagg next year hopefully we don’t waste another generational talent like we usually do.
Meh, I doubt UK gets there, too young.
I'm sure you'll feel different after some time to cool off.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

I hate life.
**** being a homer, they're not good, they haven't been good all year. Onto next season.

Reactions: bignish
ADVERTISEMENT