ADVERTISEMENT

UVA declares for draft

Then almost everyone else loved them for personal reasons.

ajqdn4.jpg

Deandre Hunter was such an important piece of UVA’s offense and soon enough everyone will come to realize the difference he made as the only player on that team who could create his own shots. It’s not a coincidence that they lost to UMBC when Hunter went down last year, and won the national championship with him being healthy.

Deandre Hunter was such an important piece of UVA’s offense and soon enough everyone will come to realize the difference he made as the only player on that team who could create his own shots. It’s not a coincidence that they lost to UMBC when Hunter went down last year, and won the national championship with him being healthy.
Ok

Tony won’t have any trouble reloading either. Chances of my Pack stealing one against the Cavs next season just got better so I’m happy.

Reactions: jhmossy
Hunter and Jerome are gone. Not so sure about Guy. Would love for him to make it so he could tell the NCAA to shove his wedding registry.

Oh noooooo what will we ever do without end of game controversies that make people butt hurt. oh man..

Where is Guy going exactly? I know it's not the NBA.

Probably back to UVA but can't blame him for getting feedback. He'll never be a first round pick and probably is a borderline 2nd round pick at best. But maybe he's sick of school and wants to start earning money playing professionally somewhere. He has nothing left to accomplish in college basketball.

He's getting married this summer, right? Completely different when you have a spouse, IMO. So consider that he'll be a married man come next season, he already has a national title, and only a 10-15 years to play professionally, can't blame him for seeking professional basketball opportunities.

Add Diakite to the list of UVA players that are declaring for the draft.

Add Diakite to the list of UVA players that are declaring for the draft.
Ouch. With all those losses where do you see UVA next year?

Obviously you won the title this year so it can’t sting that much. But, who will UVA’s best returning player be if they all stay in?

Ouch. With all those losses where do you see UVA next year?

Obviously you won the title this year so it can’t sting that much. But, who will UVA’s best returning player be if they all stay in?

Still top half of the ACC team but I think that speaks to the quality of Bennett more than anything else. Best returning player will probably be Jay Huff who showed flashes. Bennett has also redshirted a lot of players so these guys will have a year in the system at least. No idea what to expect when it comes to on court production though. Could be an interesting year but, as you said, I’d rather win it all and have a mass exodus than be a top 10 team all year and not win it all.

Reactions: MGC_07
Diakite blew up in the tournament. He played his best basketball then. His stock won't get any higher and I would think some team will take a chance on him whether it be Summer League/G League route or 10 day contract, etc.

Diakite blew up in the tournament. He played his best basketball then. His stock won't get any higher and I would think some team will take a chance on him whether it be Summer League/G League route or 10 day contract, etc.

If you guys don't beat us next year.....bruh

Reactions: JBGOAT
Damn, that’s a ton of losses. Might be able to get a little streak going against the Hoos!

One season wonder. Glad UVA had a great year. How many titles does UVA have?

We have the same number of titles this decade as Kentucky does with nowhere near the talent. You should be embarrassed that Bennett has the same number of titles as Calipari.

Reactions: JBGOAT
We have the same number of titles this decade as Kentucky does with nowhere near the talent. You should be embarrassed that Bennett has the same number of titles as Calipari.

This reminds me of the "overrated" chant. It seems you just insulted Bennett to get at a UK poster.

Reactions: RipThru
This reminds me of the "overrated" chant. It seems you just insulted Bennett to get at a UK poster.

This is also a pretty good reminder why Calipari is incredibly overrated.

Number of 1st Round Picks this decade:

Kentucky- 25
Virginia- 1

Titles this decade:
Kentucky- 1
Virginia- 1

Wake me up when UVA has any player on its team as good as Anthony Davis. Bennett has more titles than anyone would have predicted. Calipari has way less. Saying that they have the same number of titles doesn't diminish what Bennett has done like an "overrated" chant does. It only highlights how little Calipari has accomplished compared to expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT