ADVERTISEMENT

UVA declares for draft

Next year will be....interesting.

Indeed. A mass exodus is the trend for teams that win it all. College kids don't have much interest in defending a championship. They did it once, and they felt like they've accomplished their collegiate goals - and they're ready to move onto a new goal. You should still feel sky-high for the next 12 months or so, even if you barely make the NCAAs. The next year is about gloating and milking every minute of the championship until someone else wins it all.

Indeed. A mass exodus is the trend for teams that win it all. College kids don't have much interest in defending a championship. They did it once, and they felt like they've accomplished their collegiate goals - and they're ready to move onto a new goal. You should still feel sky-high for the next 12 months or so, even if you barely make the NCAAs. The next year is about gloating and milking every minute of the championship until someone else wins it all.

Without question. Would I rather sacrifice winning it all this yer so the guys come back to give us a chance at winning it all? Seems ridiculous. I am excited to see how these guys fare in the pros. I am skeptical about Guy but I think Jerome and Hunter could have long careers. It will also be interesting to see how Bennett rebuilds this team. We still have some very good talent that redshirted or that is coming in this year. I have faith that Bennett will make us a tough out. But yeah, I'm going to enjoy this year regardless how we perform on the actual court. My expectations are pretty low lol.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Without question. Would I rather sacrifice winning it all this yer so the guys come back to give us a chance at winning it all? Seems ridiculous. I am excited to see how these guys fare in the pros. I am skeptical about Guy but I think Jerome and Hunter could have long careers. It will also be interesting to see how Bennett rebuilds this team. We still have some very good talent that redshirted or that is coming in this year. I have faith that Bennett will make us a tough out. But yeah, I'm going to enjoy this year regardless how we perform on the actual court. My expectations are pretty low lol.

As a Nova fan, I feel for you. I'm sure Bennett will do enough of a job to keep you guys relevant all season, though likely not in the final four conversation. That's okay though, bask in the glory of the championship and gear up for 20-21.

Reactions: jhmossy
Deandre Hunter was such an important piece of UVA’s offense and soon enough everyone will come to realize the difference he made as the only player on that team who could create his own shots. It’s not a coincidence that they lost to UMBC when Hunter went down last year, and won the national championship with him being healthy.
Very insightful, I didn’t know that.

ADVERTISEMENT