ADVERTISEMENT

Play-in game UVA vs CSU

I wish Bennett would retire and do something else. So awful. I also wish they would have not choked against State because there is zero chance this team could beat UNC.

I think with the NIL stuff Virginia is done. They need dudes with talent to stick in their system for a few years.
I’m sure glad UVA didn’t use their 3 fouls to give in the last 4 seconds against State. That would have been an issue

I’m sure glad UVA didn’t use their 3 fouls to give in the last 4 seconds against State. That would have been an issue

I wanted UVA to win that game because IMO there was no chance they could have beat UNC, but I knew if State played well offensively they could do it because of the matchup issues with Burns and Horne.

To be fair, because of the unbalanced schedule UVA beat more decent SEC teams than they did ACC teams. They were very lucky with only having to play the ACC teams with winning conference records once and they lost to almost all of them. An average ACC schedule and they would have been well out of the tournament, despite dominating the SEC in the non conference.

Oh man UVA is so criminally bad, should have put Pitt in it instead. Tony Bennett is still the same below average tournament coach despite that 2019 title, which is looking more like a fluke each time I look at it.

You’re a moron if you watched one second of this game. Pretty much exactly what I expected to happen happened. Of course we didn’t deserve to get in but I’m loving how triggered these other fanbases are about being left out. It fuels me. Literally give zero shits if you think 2019 championship was a fluke. Worst team in a decade and still win 23 games and finish 3rd in the ACC. Bennett could **** all your wives and moms and you’d be blessed

You’re a moron if you watched one second of this game. Pretty much exactly what I expected to happen happened. Of course we didn’t deserve to get in but I’m loving how triggered these other fanbases are about being left out. It fuels me. Literally give zero shits if you think 2019 championship was a fluke. Worst team in a decade and still win 23 games and finish 3rd in the ACC. Bennett could **** all your wives and moms and you’d be blessed
Man why are you so triggered? I was merely pointing out the truth, Bennett is a bad tournament coach regardless of what you think. You can’t deny facts, Virginia has not won a tournament game since 2019 showed how much it was a fluke. Btw I did expect Virginia to lose but to lose by 25pts to a team like CSU while scoring 14pts in the first half is quite something.

Virginia sucks.

I didn't bother watching this game. Nor did I even consider having it in Pick'Em. I DVR'd it and fast-forwarded to the second half. It honestly wasn't that surprising. UVA has some quality wins over Florida, Texas A&M, and Clemson. And they have no bad losses... that's how they got in. Except, they do have bad losses. Look at the deficits:

Wisconsin- 24 points
Memphis- 23 points
Notre Dame- 22 points
NC State- 16 points
Wake Forest- 19 points
Virginia Tech- 34 points
Duke- 25 points

Bennett actually said something about changing 'style of play' after the game.
I heard about that. He really should change it. Watching them play, they seem to run action that is specifically meant to prolong every possession. They drive the ball multiple times, but each time, they just turn around and kick the ball back out to the top of the key and reset again.
I don't know how Tony B is able to find kids that are willing to play that style.
I really hope he changes it, he's actually a smart coach, I think he would do well in an up tempo game if he wanted to.

Man why are you so triggered? I was merely pointing out the truth, Bennett is a bad tournament coach regardless of what you think. You can’t deny facts, Virginia has not won a tournament game since 2019 showed how much it was a fluke. Btw I did expect Virginia to lose but to lose by 25pts to a team like CSU while scoring 14pts in the first half is quite something.

I’m not triggered. I’m happy with Bennett as our coach. He’s not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and I hope he makes some systemic changes. But he won us a natty and that’s enough for me. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Reactions: KisteK
Trying to do more with my life lol
giphy.gif

I didn't bother watching this game. Nor did I even consider having it in Pick'Em. I DVR'd it and fast-forwarded to the second half. It honestly wasn't that surprising. UVA has some quality wins over Florida, Texas A&M, and Clemson. And they have no bad losses... that's how they got in. Except, they do have bad losses. Look at the deficits:

Wisconsin- 24 points
Memphis- 23 points
Notre Dame- 22 points
NC State- 16 points
Wake Forest- 19 points
Virginia Tech- 34 points
Duke- 25 points
Yikes

Reactions: dukedevilz
I heard about that. He really should change it. Watching them play, they seem to run action that is specifically meant to prolong every possession. They drive the ball multiple times, but each time, they just turn around and kick the ball back out to the top of the key and reset again.
I don't know how Tony B is able to find kids that are willing to play that style.
I really hope he changes it, he's actually a smart coach, I think he would do well in an up tempo game if he wanted to.
...thank God Reed Sheppard turned UVA down.

Reactions: kyjeff1
To be fair, because of the unbalanced schedule UVA beat more decent SEC teams than they did ACC teams. They were very lucky with only having to play the ACC teams with winning conference records once and they lost to almost all of them. An average ACC schedule and they would have been well out of the tournament, despite dominating the SEC in the non conference.
What a post Coryfly.

Maybe the SEC will suck in the NCAA but I can't think of a team in the SEC with as little offense as UVA yet you use UVA's "GREAT" OCC run to justify them.

UVA, early, beat Florida and Texas A&M. In the early part of the season Florida and Texas A&M were not tough. They are now but not then.

Your post is based on ACC bias and UVA is not a good team and should not have been in the NCAA even as a play-in team.

Down years do tend to inspire posters to do more with their lives. At least until the next time their team makes a run.

Yeah I've definitely had the reputation as a bandwagon fan on this board.

Pretty crazy that our worst down year in 10 years is still better than like 95% of our seasons pre-Bennett. If we could hire a coach that played a more exciting brand of basketball and be just as successful as Bennett, I'm all for it. History suggests that's probably not happening for us.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What a post Coryfly.

Maybe the SEC will suck in the NCAA but I can't think of a team in the SEC with as little offense as UVA yet you use UVA's "GREAT" OCC run to justify them.

UVA, early, beat Florida and Texas A&M. In the early part of the season Florida and Texas A&M were not tough. They are now but not then.

Your post is based on ACC bias and UVA is not a good team and should not have been in the NCAA even as a play-in team.

I didn't want them in nor think they should be in.

Remember, we all had to hear about how underrated the ACC really was this year from numerous posters on this board.

UVA finished third in the ACC. Let that sink in...third!!! They struggle to score 40 each and every game. They had no business making this tournament, just like Pitt and WF were rightfully excluded. The ACC is a joke.

Maybe you are right about the ACC considering their best team lost to this Kentucky team. Still looks like they may have been better than the SEC though.

I was just messing with some UK fan I don't remember who went on and on about how awful the ACC was. I picked UK to go to the FF so....
You believed the ESPN clatter?

I still love UK, but Cal has tarnished the brand for the last few years. Our players are one and done and our team in tourneys are one and done.

You believed the ESPN clatter?

I still love UK, but Cal has tarnished the brand for the last few years. Our players are one and done and our team in tourneys are one and done.

I don't watch much ESPN outside of games. I have watched them a bunch, like most of the good teams, and honestly didn't really love anyone in that bracket. They are elite offensively at times and shoot well so thought that would carry them.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT