ADVERTISEMENT

UVA declares for draft

kl right now:

giphy.gif
Yes. I take being Mark Cuban any day. Thanks for the compliment.

You'd think the number one team this past decade would have more than one title.

You would think that whoever created the chart would realize that if you say a team is 1st in top 10 recruits and lottery picks, then you would expect a “Title” category as well.

By not having one, it shows that the priorities are not right by implying that Draft Night > Titles, and it defeats the purpose of praising Uk. A simple retort of, “Wait, so you’ve had this many top 10 recruits and lottery picks, but don’t have a titles category to show for that? The best you have is 1-4 final four record and a wins column?,” and the argument is over.

RollLaugh It’s insanely cherry-picked data. This data shows that priorities aren’t in order. If you’re celebrating over the last 2 columns then maybe draft night really is the “greatest night in Uk history.”

Reactions: UL_1986 and JBGOAT
Funny thing is...

- Kentucky was 0-5 in top 50 games WITH Noel
- Kentucky went 3-0 in top 50 games WITHOUT Noel.

It's almost like the Noel excuse was invented to make you guys feel better about your crappy season.
What excuse do yo have for losing to crappy Lehigh and crappy Mercer in two different years? At least Kentucky's was in one year.

On a team full of McDonald All Americans you lose because of one player?

Yes. Sort of like how UVA lost by 20 in the first round without soon to be lottery pick DeAndre Hunter and then won the title with him on board the next year.

But let's ignore that reality (that should be apparent to you of all people) and look at how much you get wrong with just one sentence because it's fascinating.
  1. You're using McDonald All Americans as synonymous with good player, which is certainly not always true and especially so when talking about their freshmen seasons. This is sadly a common misconception that ignores the age/production curve. It's why current Austin Rivers is better than, say, a 14 year old or 70 year old Michael Jordan, for one extreme example.
  2. You also imply that UK's roster was stacked with ("full of") burger boys, but in fact it had 3: So. Wiltjer, Fr. Goodwin, & Fr. Poythress. Your one sentence is floundering, so I'll give you freshman Noel (he wasn't a burger boy but he was in that stratosphere as a recruit). So that's 1/4 of UK's team according to your post. This fits in with #1; Noel was the only one that performed well his freshman season, and he was the one that went down.
  3. Finally, in most (but increasingly not all) circumstances, teams return players that have transformed from recruits to upperclassmen, which softens the blow of losing a talented freshman (or any player) to injury. In 2013, UK's upperclassmen consisted of Kentucky kid Jon Hood, walk-on Twany Beckham, and by age Ryan Harrow (who was pretty terrible). That's not a good roster, and that's often the price you pay for losing so many good players off a title team. See, e.g., this thread about UVA players declaring for the NBA.

Funny thing is...

- Kentucky was 0-5 in top 50 games WITH Noel
- Kentucky went 3-0 in top 50 games WITHOUT Noel.

It's almost like the Noel excuse was invented to make you guys feel better about your crappy season.
Lol I love it.

Reactions: dukedevilz
On a team full of McDonald All Americans you lose because of one player?
And UVA lost to a 16 seed last year. No other number 1 seeded college basketball team has ever lost to a 16 seed before last year. Keep making history UVA>

Kl so rustled he quoted me 3 times in a row Laughing

Rustlemania with the raftards.

Pitino was fired at Louisville in the fall of 2017 after several scandals, including the Brian Bowen-Adidas pay-for-play scandal, and Strippergate, where former staffer Andre McGee brought prostitutes and strippers into the Billy Minardi Dorm to provide sexual acts to players and recruits.

Pitino was fired at Louisville in the fall of 2017 after several scandals, including the Brian Bowen-Adidas pay-for-play scandal, and Strippergate, where former staffer Andre McGee brought prostitutes and strippers into the Billy Minardi Dorm to provide sexual acts to players and recruits.
I’m glad you can copy & paste.
However...

giphy.gif

The legend of kl’s rustle continues..:p

giphy.gif

Reactions: HRTheCard
Lol says the guy that’s posted the same copy and paste article 5 times. Keep doing you little guy!

Reactions: HRTheCard
And UVA lost to a 16 seed last year. No other number 1 seeded college basketball team has ever lost to a 16 seed before last year. Keep making history UVA>

They lost to a 16 seed. Damn hadn't heard about that.

We would have lost to UMBC with Hunter in that game.

Also nice deflection.

What's up with that guy transferring? Was he expected to play a lot next year?

My guess is that Bennett had an honest conversation with him and he decided transferring is his best option. He really only had one decent outing in two years (against Louisville lol) so he probably was going to get passed over.

The fact that he made the announcement the same day that Guy decided to keep his name in the draft suggests to me that Bennett has some options for potential grad transfers that would play over Marco. If we also get the Hausers, he probably saw any PT as being very limited.

Last edited:
If Diakite returns, UVA's roster would look like this:

Sr (2): Diakite, Key
Jr (1): Huff
So (3): Clark, Stattmann, Badocchi
Fr (4): Caffaro, Shedrick, Morsell, McKoy

3 open scholarships.

A repeat title seems unlikely with the loss of Guy-Hunter-Jerome, so If I'm Bennett, I absolutely make the Hauser brothers priority #1 and #2. After that, I think a grad transfer would still be really helpful for this season. Jake Toolson, Honorable Mention All-American, put UVA on his list of possible transfer destinations. Admon Gilder might be another grad transer to keep an eye on.

Reactions: jhmossy
If Diakite returns, UVA's roster would look like this:

Sr (2): Diakite, Key
Jr (1): Huff
So (3): Clark, Stattmann, Badocchi
Fr (4): Caffaro, Shedrick, Morsell, McKoy

3 open scholarships.

A repeat title seems unlikely with the loss of Guy-Hunter-Jerome, so If I'm Bennett, I absolutely make the Hauser brothers priority #1 and #2. After that, I think a grad transfer would still be really helpful for this season. Jake Toolson, Honorable Mention All-American, put UVA on his list of possible transfer destinations. Admon Gilder might be another grad transer to keep an eye on.

Next year will be....interesting.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT