ADVERTISEMENT

Is everyone playing for runner up?

If a team (Kentucky) has the top two NBA draft picks coming off the bench, how can they possibly be defeated?
LamontParis1-2.png

If it was best of 3/5/7, I would take UK, but in a 1 game scenario, nobody is safe from the upset bug.

If it was best of 3/5/7, I would take UK, but in a 1 game scenario, nobody is safe from the upset bug.
Gosh, could you imagine a best of 3 for Final Four teams and a best of 5 for the championship? I sure would make the earlier rounds more exciting.

Reactions: treyforuk

Knew it was just a matter of time before you contradicted your "young teams can't win it" and "young teams can't defend" takes. 😆

Knew it was just a matter of time before you contradicted your "young teams can't win it" and "young teams can't defend" takes. 😆
Contradicted? I said it would need to be a series for UK to win it.
The biggest reason for that is the team has extreme talent but with their youth, they make mistakes that good veteran teams don't make and Calipari is very good at preparing for an opponent that beat him the first time around. Cal doesn't get swept very often, but the last 5 years, he has lost too many eye popping games due to lack of preperation and youth.

This UK team has hit another gear. Edwards is rounding into form, Ado is healthy, our bigs are healthy, Sheppard has become a player nobody thought he could be, Reeves is an elite 3 level scorer and Dillingham is a video game.

But, they let off the gas too often, they sometimes don't value the basketball and they only take defense seriously when they absolutely have to.

That stuff won't cut it in a one game scenario against good, sound veteran teams.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What's the latest on McCullar and Dickenson? I know they aren't going to play in the BIG12 tournament, but McCullar's bone bruise has to be a big concern.

Sucks to have injuries right now. Tyty and Kellen Grady were hobbled right before the tournament in '22. That was all she wrote. Still should have beat Saint Peters though.

I have always been a proponent of playing a best of 3 once teams reach the FF. Wouldn't be hard for the NCAA to pull off schedule wise...plus it would generate more revenue as well.

Some ppl have proposed re-seeding the final 16 teams after the first weekend is complete...the problem with that is nobody would be able to fill out a bracket, as the entire bracket would change after the first weekend...and as we all know, filling out brackets and gambling is the biggest draw of March Madness.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I have always been a proponent of playing a best of 3 once teams reach the FF. Wouldn't be hard for the NCAA to pull off schedule wise...plus it would generate more revenue as well.

Some ppl have proposed re-seeding the final 16 teams after the first weekend is complete...the problem with that is nobody would be able to fill out a bracket, as the entire bracket would change after the first weekend...and as we all know, filling out brackets and gambling is the biggest draw of March Madness.
If they expand the tournament to 96 teams, or whatever, that would probably kill any chance of going to a series format in the FF. But I would love it if they did that.
I am not a fan of watering the tournament down by going to 96 teams. That's crazy.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
What's the latest on McCullar and Dickenson? I know they aren't going to play in the BIG12 tournament, but McCullar's bone bruise has to be a big concern.

Sucks to have injuries right now. Tyty and Kellen Grady were hobbled right before the tournament in '22. That was all she wrote. Still should have beat Saint Peters though.
A lot of ppl never realized (or acknowledged) what happened to that UK team in late Feb/into March in 2022. Tyty was never the same after the UF player went barreling into his knee. Lost all lateral quickness.

Kellan Grady was playing with plantar fasciitis from late Feb through the rest of the season, and lost all lift on his shot. His shooting percentage (and he was one of the best 3 pt shooters in the country) bottomed out in March, and was never the same. Went 1-9 against St. Peters...woof.

The team was vastly different going into the SEC tourney. Barely squeaked by Vandy in their opener, then were outclassed by UT in the semis. We could all tell they weren't the same.

Should have handled St Peter's without a doubt, but wouldn't have made much noise after that. Was tough to see, because I thought UK was the best team in the country going into mid to late Feb. Injuries suck.

A lot of ppl never realized (or acknowledged) what happened to that UK team in late Feb/into March in 2022. Tyty was never the same after the UF player went barreling into his knee. Lost all lateral quickness.

Kellan Grady was playing with plantar fasciitis from late Feb through the rest of the season, and lost all lift on his shot. His shooting percentage (and he was one of the best 3 pt shooters in the country) bottomed out in March, and was never the same. Went 1-9 against St. Peters...woof.

The team was vastly different going into the SEC tourney. Barely squeaked by Vandy in their opener, then were outclassed by UT in the semis. We could all tell they weren't the same.

Should have handled St Peter's without a doubt, but wouldn't have made much noise after that. Was tough to see, because I thought UK was the best team in the country going into mid to late Feb. Injuries suck.
Yeah, when that Florida kid dove into Tyty's knees, that sealed it. Had to depend on Wheeler to run point and yeah, Grady fell off too. Rwally could have used Schaedon Sharp.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Self said that both will play in the NCAA tourney. Dickinson's injury wasn't as bad as they expected. He claims the team will be as healthy for the tourney as they've been all year, but he might be saying that so the committee doesn't lower their seed.

Aren’t y’all 1-4 in the last four tournaments? and not much better in your conference tournament. Lol, you’re a fool
Just a convenient little timeframe for a BLOCKHEAD like you to harp on.

39-17.
8-2.
.....and 20-15 on the gridiron.

Ok to be fair I said that only bc of how up and down yall are. That was well before the game today. Just saying, I wasn't rubbin anything in (thats only reserved for Bama for that one game). Ya'll will be dangerous in the ncaa tourney, and that is the tourney that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT