ADVERTISEMENT

UTenn v UL

Over the back call, followed by a tech followed by a couple 3s. Played hard for 34 mins, fell apart after that sequence.

If anything that was a push off on the Tennessee guy. You can clearly see him push off our guy down low, but then they call a foul on Sutton who's behind him and went literally straight up.

Mack is gonna turn UL back around quick. Though I don't know if they can reach the highs with Pitino.

Reactions: UL_1986
Mack is gonna turn UL back around quick. Though I don't know if they can reach the highs with Pitino.

I think at some point we’ll go beyond Pitino bc Mack will recruit better and his system is more modern.

Reactions: UL_1986
I’m not blaming the refs, but they shouldn’t have stopped play when the Tennessee guys ran into each other. Not to mention that he didn’t even come out of the game. Oh well
He said it is a new rule. He also said if Louisville shot the ball missed, TN rebounds they have 2 players down court with no one on them.

Reactions: rockycard
I think at some point we’ll go beyond Pitino bc Mack will recruit better and his system is more modern.
Good game. I'm a VOL fan but think MAC is a great coach, he will have this team playing tough soon, before the end of the season.

He said it is a new rule. He also said if Louisville shot the ball missed, TN rebounds they have 2 players down court with no one on them.
I didn’t hear that, I was muted and listening to the radio broadcast.

Yeah Im pretty sure we had the chance to take the lead or tie had they not. We had the ball. You only stop it after tennessee gains possession again. That's not fair..
I did not watch the game. BUT....thats not the ONLY time you stop(play). You can(and should) stop play for an apparent inury when it becomes apparent the offense isn't trying to advance the ball, score, on a fast break or has an advantage. Again, I didn't see the game; or the play.

I lost access to my old account. Back in the game to say this.

1. The refs were stupid and I hope the Louisville players don't get down on themselves on how the game went down.

2. It wouldn't have mattered. I'm not saying Louisville would have won if the refs weren't awful. UT was a beast team. It felt like a Sweet 16 game where you are the 8 seed vs the 1 seed. You can see your team is playing as good as you could expect, but the other team ain't gonna let it happen no matter what you throw at them. It reminded me of our Elite Eight game against UNC in 2008. Of course our team isn't as talented as our 2008 team. The reason it reminds me of that game is that I thought we played a A- to B+ game, but every time we made a push that Championship team didn't flinch and always answered. UT was beast.

Last edited:
only because you don't play them but once every 30 or so years
I know you’re trolling, but you have to admit our team isn’t as bad as some UNC your fansbase thought we’d be. I’m actually pretty high on this squad, and I’m usually somewhat of a downer in that regard.

only because you don't play them but once every 30 or so years
You can look at the thread and see it is friendly. It was that way before the game, during the game and after the game.

I lost access to my old account. Back in the game to say this.

1. The refs were stupid and I hope the Louisville players don't get down on themselves on how the game went down.

2. It wouldn't have mattered. I'm not saying Louisville would have won if the refs weren't awful. UT was a beast team. It felt like a Sweet 16 game where you are the 8 seed vs the 1 seed. You can see your team is playing as good as you could expect, but the other team ain't gonna let it happen no matter what you throw at them. It reminded me of our Elite Eight game against UNC in 2008. Of course our team isn't as talented as our 2008 team. The reason it reminds me of that game is that I thought we played a A- to B+ game, but every time we made a push that Championship team didn't flinch and always answered. UT was beast.
Louisville fans have plenty to be pleased about. Tennessee is a veteran team and UL has some new parts. I would expect UL to only get better as the team learns each other. Both teams answer the challenge all game long and that is what good teams do.

Reactions: rockycard
I know you’re trolling, but you have to admit our team isn’t as bad as some UNC your fansbase thought we’d be. I’m actually pretty high on this squad, and I’m usually somewhat of a downer in that regard.

hey man you know how when UK wins your board always tries to down play the other team, even when it is UL
just having a little fun

I didn't get to watch the game, and I trust UL fans opinions on hoops. You guys think Tennessee has a chance against Kansas and Gonzaga?

Kansas has a very talented squad. The Vols have a very mature experienced squad. If Tennessee is to win, their chances are much better in the early season than later. GBO

Reactions: oldfaithful
Louisville fans have plenty to be pleased about. Tennessee is a veteran team and UL has some new parts. I would expect UL to only get better as the team learns each other. Both teams answer the challenge all game long and that is what good teams do.
Agree Della 100%

Reactions: della
Very encouraged by the vols.. a lot of that had to do with how well Louisville played.. I was wanting to see how this years team handled a punch from a solid improving team... Chris Mack should be the envy of college basketball...never thought he’d leave his alma mater but Louisville is a serious program and dropped some serious money on him. Will be good return on investment. Good luck rest of the way, I expect them on the 6-10 line come March, higher if not for brutal schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT