ADVERTISEMENT

UTenn v UL

toonces11

Mar 3, 2010
Team
Kansas
This should be a really solid game right? I haven't seen much of either this season. How do the Cardinal fans view this one?

We have played better each game, but Tennessee is very strong and will probably win 10-15 pts. I do think that by the end of the year we’ll be tough, hopefully our schedule doesn’t kill our tournament hopes though.

Tennessee 79
Louisville 68

Line opened at -8, got down to -7.5, up to -8.5. Currently it is -7.5

We’ll have to play really good to win. Hoping we do.

Hoping we at least split in Brookyn, beat MSU at home and then go beat what appears to be a down Seton Hall team.

Would be no shame in losing to KU if we beat Tennessee today.

If we lose to Tennessee though I think Friday is a must win in my eyes to bring a positive back home.

I don't know much about Tennessee but the scouting report for Louisville would be to this point a solid offensive post in Stephen Enoch who gets to the free throw line and makes free throws; quality perimeter threat in Jordan Nwora. Some length with Malik Williams but overall a very thin squad. To this point Louisville looks like it makes a concerted effort to draw contact and get to the free throw line. We're transitioning away from Pitino's defensive pressure to more of a Pack Line approach and struggling to get there.

Wish this game wasn’t on at the same time as Duke/Gonzaga.

Nothing after those two games is worth watching until Zona/Auburn at like midnight.

Haven’t been able to watch a second of the game unfortunately. How’s it going?

Williams is such an interesting player. UT is a fun team to watch. I think UL is going to be a tough team to play all year for anyone though.

According to yahoo, this is a high scoring affair..

06802772deebc540e5df5491e82b073d.png

hahahahaha what a terrible call and then the tech. That's the ballgame! GG Vols!

We just folded under pressure. It was 70-72. Oh well, we'll get better! I still think we're a top 25 team by the time next week is over!

Reactions: UL_1986
This game went downhill fast, but hard to play with your front court on the bench. I’m sure they’ll learn a lot from this, Tennessee is SOLID.

Reactions: della
Still hyped on this team. Just gotta close games out better. Nwora is a great shooter but an atrocious passer. I really like Darius Perry.

Reactions: della and rockycard
I’m not blaming the refs, but they shouldn’t have stopped play when the Tennessee guys ran into each other. Not to mention that he didn’t even come out of the game. Oh well

Yeah Im pretty sure we had the chance to take the lead or tie had they not. We had the ball. You only stop it after tennessee gains possession again. That's not fair. Also, the foul AND tech were TERRIBLE.

But UT still played better, they are really really good.

Need a win on Friday, vs Michigan State, and @ Seton Hall and we'll be ranked. Team is only gonna get better and we're pretty good now.

Good game @della. You guys have a really good team, and sweep those kittens this year.
You have a good team too with a high ceiling. 7 ties and 11 lead changes, it was anybodies game until that questionable foul and technical. We got a little luck.
I'm glad it is over so, I can go back to pulling for Louisville and my friend, Rocky.:)

Gotta admit, I didn’t expect UL to hang. From what little I saw, it looks like they held their own and then some.

That UT front court is a load.

Reactions: della
Gotta admit, I didn’t expect UL to hang. From what little I saw, it looks like they held their own and then some.

That UT front court is a load.
Their front court is loaded, anytime the score got within 2, they capitalized in the paint or dished it for 3. Tough team. Super stoked about our team though.

Reactions: Hank_
I was flipping back and forth from this game to Gonzaga-Duke. Was like a 2 point game with 5 minutes left... I flip back and UT is up 15. What happened?

I was flipping back and forth from this game to Gonzaga-Duke. Was like a 2 point game with 5 minutes left... I flip back and UT is up 15. What happened?
I don't think UT was ever up by 15. It was a good hard fought game, enough said.

Over the back call, followed by a tech followed by a couple 3s. Played hard for 34 mins, fell apart after that sequence.

Yeah, was back and forth when I was watching. Both teams looked good.
For sure, Tennessee is elite, we look like a top 20-25 team. We just can’t close, and Nwora needs to learn how to pass. Was disappointed in Enoch too tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT