ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga----projected 10 seed----Yeah, ok

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I'd want no part of these dudes come NCAAT time.

NET rating 19....Just blasted a solid SMC team on their own floor. All three Q1 wins are on the road.

This team is playing really good ball. A joke they'r even on the bubble.

Reactions: Zagnutz

NET rating 19....Just blasted a solid SMC team on their own floor. All three Q1 wins are on the road.

17 out of 29 games against Quad 3 and 4.

I mean they still shouldn’t be near the bubble though. And i don’t think they’ll be a 10 seed. They’re now 17th in the NET after it updated and are 3-5 vs quad 1 and 3-1 vs quad 2. That is not the resume of a 10 seed. That’s more in the 6-7 range imo.

I was just happy to have a season where we didn't hear about Gonzaga.

Zags are playing their best basketball of the season right now. Easily. Ball movement has looked really crisp lately. Whether they're a 6 or a 10 seed, they'll be a tough out.

22643390-1.jpg

There are going to be a lot of land mine teams out there for high seeds to contend with this year.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
17 out of 29 games against Quad 3 and 4.

I mean they still shouldn’t be near the bubble though. And i don’t think they’ll be a 10 seed. They’re now 17th in the NET after it updated and are 3-5 vs quad 1 and 3-1 vs quad 2. That is not the resume of a 10 seed. That’s more in the 6-7 range imo.
They play a strong OOC schedule every year. Won in Lexington. I get tired of hearing this. Good is good.

Can’t seed the rest of the field based on resume and seed gonzaga based on how good they are.
Its how its done over and over. But since its Gonzaga, people shit their pants. Maybe just simulate all the guys if we are gonna ignore the "eye test".

Mid-majors go through this every year

They’re definitely playing like a good tournament team right now, but it sounds like they stunk for most of the year.

They caught UK right in the midst of the lull UK seems to go through in late December and early January every year. They won the game and now that they won at sMc, they should get a decent seed.

Its how its done over and over. But since its Gonzaga, people shit their pants. Maybe just simulate all the guys if we are gonna ignore the "eye test".

Mid-majors go through this every year

Because they don’t do that with every mid major. wichita state was a top 10 team in 2017 and got a 10 seed because of resume, but just 3 years prior they got a 1 seed because of how good they were.

Florida Atlantic had 30+ wins going into the tourney last season and got a 9 seed. We all saw they were clearly much better.

The selection committee kind of just uses whatever reasoning/criteria they feel like using.

Gonzaga doesn’t have the reputation as a power house this year so be prepared for them to get seeded on actual resume this season instead of how good they really are.

Wait. Gonzaga has consistently been over seeded and hyped over the past decade plus. We're acting like they get shafted?

Reactions: Montana81
Can’t seed the rest of the field based on resume and seed gonzaga based on how good they are.
You're right. That's why 6-6 in the first 2 quadrants and no Q3/Q4 losses means they'll be in that 8 or 9 seed range and safely in.

Reactions: Montana81
Wait. Gonzaga has consistently been over seeded and hyped over the past decade plus. We're acting like they get shafted?
Huh? They've deserved all the hype they've gotten this past decade since they've had some really great teams and they've played well in the NCAAT. They aren't exactly Purdue falling flat on their face every year in the postseason.

2023 team: Elite 8
2022 team: Sweet 16
2021 team: National Championship game
2019 team: Elite 8
2018 team: Sweet 16
2017 team: National Championship game
2016 team: Sweet 16
2015 team: Elite 8

They've made 8 straight Sweet 16s and are have the most tournament wins among programs this past decade.

Huh? They've deserved all the hype they've gotten this past decade since they've had some really great teams and they've played well in the NCAAT. They aren't exactly Purdue falling flat on their face every year in the postseason.

2023 team: Elite 8
2022 team: Sweet 16
2021 team: National Championship game
2019 team: Elite 8
2018 team: Sweet 16
2017 team: National Championship game
2016 team: Sweet 16
2015 team: Elite 8

They've made 8 straight Sweet 16s and are have the most tournament wins among programs this past decade.
Looks pretty good to me from where I'm standing.

They could be a very tough Round of 32 matchup for a 1 seed. Nembhard is an elite point guard and the Zags rebound the ball really well. Also think they've turned the corner since inserting Ben Gregg into the lineup.

Gonzaga is talented, and they're certainly capable of winning games in March, but they're also not a top 5 team like some of their prior teams. Historically, 7 and 10 seeds both make the Sweet 16 more often than 8 or 9 seeds. Zags would be better off if they could somehow avoid the 8-9 seed line.

They could be a very tough Round of 32 matchup for a 1 seed. Nembhard is an elite point guard and the Zags rebound the ball really well. Also think they've turned the corner since inserting Ben Gregg into the lineup.

Gonzaga is talented, and they're certainly capable of winning games in March, but they're also not a top 5 team like some of their prior teams. Historically, 7 and 10 seeds both make the Sweet 16 more often than 8 or 9 seeds. Zags would be better off if they could somehow avoid the 8-9 seed line.

I think they’re going to be higher than an 8 seed. They’re going to end up with another Q1 win when they beat St Mary’s again. Like i said, im thinking 6/7 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT