ADVERTISEMENT

***Tuesday night hoops thread***

Hmm, yeah, I could see being upset in real time probably. Most of us would be. That still shot, which I know can be misleading, looks like he avoided much contact though.
We always taught when ball goes up, find a body, butt in the gut, it takes the legs away from the offensive player

2w31f9c.jpg

Missouri fans suck. This is a screen shot with 15 minutes to go in the second half with #4 UK within reach.

@schoonerwest @MrBaracus

What @Scotty00 said, it was like that at the beginning of the game. I kept waiting for them to fill the seats and they never did.

I have to admit, I was really curious if they just put the mics in the middle of the student section or were pumping fake crowd noise in. It sounded loud a few times, and then they would pan out and it would be all middle aged people scattered throughout the gym, sitting on their hands - a third of which were in blue.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm sorry that I even gave 10 minutes attention to that IU/Purdue game. What a hideous rock fight that was.... like most Big 10 games. Yuck.

The biggest question of the night will be, can Wake stay within 26 pts of Duke?

Lots of interesting games.
Purdue @ Minny
Kansas @ Oklahoma
UK @ Ole Miss

Those 3 home teams are extremely desperate for a notable victory and the three visiting teams are jockeying for the best NCAAT seeds they can get.

UNC @ Boston College will also be interesting. I think UNC wins easily, but you never know.

Lots of interesting games.
Purdue @ Minny
Kansas @ Oklahoma
UK @ Ole Miss

Those 3 home teams are extremely desperate for a notable victory and the three visiting teams are jockeying for the best NCAAT seeds they can get.

UNC @ Boston College will also be interesting. I think UNC wins easily, but you never know.

Ky Bowman does tend to play well when he's facing schools from NC...

Reactions: kyjeff1
Ky Bowman is a North Carolina native and I suppose he may take it personal whenever he faces a NC school. BC was the only ACC to offer Bowman a scholarship

If you were a betting man, does he comeback before or during the big dance?
no one really knows if he will come back Saturday or never play another college game. We were all hearing he could play Saturday if he wanted, then that he was likely to play tonight, now he's declared out. Duke doesn't share any info on injuries or if they do it's vague AF so anyone claiming to know when he will return is full of shit.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Welcome to our world.
No doubt, you guys have had a rough year. What makes it worse is it was supposed to be a great year.

Our 2013 season went down the tubes as soon as Nerlens Noel went down. I get chills just thinking about that season. Ugh.

Good luck tonight schooner.

Reactions: schoonerwest
And ours...

Starting SG Langford out for season with broken foot
Starting C Nick Ward out for weeks with broken hand
Starting SF Matt McQuaid still playing, on injured ankle
Backup SG/SF Kyle Ahrens still playing, on injured back
Is Ward going to make it back by NCAAT time?

If he does, I'm thinking he's going to be out if game shape, but MSU is final four good with him even though Langford is out.

Is Ward going to make it back by NCAAT time?

If he does, I'm thinking he's going to be out if game shape, but MSU is final four good with him even though Langford is out.

Don't know yet. He already had the surgery and they said everything went as expected. MSU is hoping he's back by then.

He shouldn't be too out of shape.. you can still run with a cast on your hand. That said, game speed is definitely different than running laps.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Ky Bowman is a North Carolina native and I suppose he may take it personal whenever he faces a NC school. BC was the only ACC to offer Bowman a scholarship

Right. That's exactly why he lights up NC schools.

I'll say right now that BC beats either UNC or NCSU in these last two games.

Don't know yet. He already had the surgery and they said everything went as expected. MSU is hoping he's back by then.

He shouldn't be too out of shape.. you can still run with a cast on your hand. That said, game speed is definitely different than running laps.
Exactly, there is a big difference between game shape and staying in shape via running.

But he's a young guy, he'll adapt.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Looks like Reid Travis is out again tonight.

I wonder if we will see much of Travis until the NCAA. The problem is multiple games in a row at tournament time. Play on a recovering knee too frequently and you might have a swelling setback that wont totally go away until the offseason. Maybe the goal is to get him back to playing a normal minute load two games in three days on Sweet 16 weekend when he'll be needed and until then, light duty working back to form.

I think Duke has a player in a similar situation also.

I wonder if we will see much of Travis until the NCAA. The problem is multiple games in a row at tournament time. Play on a recovering knee too frequently and you might have a swelling setback that wont totally go away until the offseason. Maybe the goal is to get him back to playing a normal minute load two games in three days on Sweet 16 weekend when he'll be needed and until then, light duty working back to form.

I think Duke has a player in a similar situation also.
I'm thinking he'll be back for the Florida game on Saturday.

But I have no source

I'm thinking he'll be back for the Florida game on Saturday.

But I have no source

I suspect he'll be back soon but not get many minutes until the NCAA. Don't think he'll get a ton of minutes over three days in Nashville.

ADVERTISEMENT