ADVERTISEMENT

Top Games Saturday - Thoughts?

Flat out we are missing shots we normally make and you are hitting shots you normally miss.

Only Jay Bilas could make me want to turn off a top 10 matchup for an undercard like Mizz/Ark or Creighton/Providence.

Insufferable and dumb, yet lauded for some reason....

Bilas isn't dumb, but he can be annoying for sure. I slap 'em all on mute!

Texas laying the wood on Kansas. The Jayhawks just have no response for the dribble penetration. Leading to a lot of open 3s and easy dunks.

Over 50% on 3s with high volume. Obviously ya ain't beating a team like TX if they are going to shoot like that.

Flat out we are missing shots we normally make and you are hitting shots you normally miss.

Not going to argue with stupidity.

Like what I said before the season. This is probably the best team Texas has had talent wise

If we played Baylor a couple of weeks ago Texas probably would have won that game

But Baylor ducked out

Their mistake. Greg Brown and Kai Jones will be better by the end of the year

They are only shooting 50%
7/8 from 3 in the second half, not including a couple of tough long two pointers. Stop acting like this shooting performance is normal. You’re a 33% 3 pt shooting team on the year and over 50% today. KU is shooting over 40% on the year and can’t hit the broad side of a barn and we’re getting good shots.
It just works out that way sometimes. KU vs WVU we got hot. It happens.

Not going to argue with stupidity.

Like what I said before the season. This is probably the best team Texas has had talent wise

If we played Baylor a couple of weeks ago Texas probably would have won that game

But Baylor ducked out

Their mistake. Greg Brown and Kai Jones will be better by the end of the year
There’s nothing stupid about what I said. It was truth. Or is KU not missing wide open shots they normally make? And did Texas not get hot? Again, you’re a 33% 3 pt shooting team. Not a good shooting team. But you’re hot today. I’m not arguing that Texas isn’t an outstanding team. Just that the score right now is not indicative of normal play for these two teams.

Bilas isn't dumb, but he can be annoying for sure. I slap 'em all on mute!

In theory you are correct. A law degree from Duke is quite impressive.

With that said he offers nothing as a commentator that I didn't know from flipping through a preseason mag in October.

Give me Fraschilla, Dakich (even though he cannot stop talking) or heck even Jimmy Dykes on commentary. Those guys at least teach you something about the game.

I don't need Bilas to tell me that Matt Coleman is a really, really good player...

Reactions: Noahtogo24

With that said he offers nothing as a commentator that I didn't know from flipping through a preseason mag in October.

Give me Fraschilla, Dakich (even though he cannot stop talking) or heck even Jimmy Dykes on commentary. Those guys at least teach you something about the game.

I don't need Bilas to tell me that Matt Coleman is a really, really good player...

Who does not like listening to Dakich :cool:

Man, Texas taking it to KU big time right now, shocked.

I’m not shocked Texas is going to win. Texas is an awful matchup for KU with their length combined with good guard play in the ball screen. The surprising thing though and the reason for the huge point difference is the perimeter shooting from KU vs Texas. That allowed Texas to get the 10-14 lead and when that happened KU panicked and started scrambling taking bad shots and running awful offense.

Oh look at that. A 45% three point shooter missing his 5th wide open look on the day. Must be due to Texas’ awesomeness.

If you can't see a clear talent difference that is on you.
I’m not saying Texas isn’t a better team. Just saying that today’s result isn’t a normal adult indicative of the talent difference. This is what happens when one team is hot and another is off. It’s not like KU is being forced into tough shots. We getting wide open looks, we are just missing them. And Texas is not going to shoot like this again 19 times out of 20. If both teams shoot like normal, this game is likely a Texas win decided by 4-8 points. But this is just what happens sometimes in basketball. You aren’t going to whoop us again like this if we played 30 more times. You might win 20 of those 30 games though.

Bilas also goes on rants on what is and isn't a foul. He's not my guy, that's for sure. Give me Gus Johnson for all these games with no guys messing things up with their opinions! I'm with you!

If you can't see a clear talent difference that is on you.

I’ve seen KU lose these games at home over the years. Teams feels they have a huge talent difference over KU. A month or two later KU goes in the road or they play that same team on a neutral court and KU wins and usually controls the game the entire way.

Some times one team has a very good game while the other has a very bad game and you end up with scores like this.

I’ve seen KU lose these games at home over the years. Teams feels they have a huge talent difference over KU. A month or two later KU goes in the road or they play that same team on a neutral court and KU wins and usually controls the game the entire way.

Some times one team has a very good game while the other has a very bad game and you end up with scores like this.

The difference is that Texas is still young with Kai Jones and Greg Brown and missing players

This isn't even as good as they can be.

Greg Brown didn't have a great game

Most years KU has an inside presence I don't see anybody on the roster giving them a lot down there. Is the guy that went wild with the chair vs Kansas St still on the team?

Almost 10 years later, Shaka Smart still has Bill Self's number, no wonder he is Self's kryptonite. As long as Shaka has a team on par with Self's(or at least not worse than a tier), you know who will win in a match-up.

Almost 10 years later, Shaka Smart still has Bill Self's number, no wonder he is Self's kryptonite. As long as Shaka has a team on par with Self's(or at least not worse than a tier), you know who will win in a match-up.

tenor.gif

Texas is just more talented. I figured KU wouid lose if threes weren’t falling, but I didn’t expect to see Texas raining threes.

Games like this just remind me of how pissed I am that they cancelled the tourney. This is Self’s least-talented team and probably the least-talented KU team in a long while. I’m more surprised by the fact that they have several good wins than this loss.

If McCormack doesn’t turn it around in a big way, this year won’t end well.

Haha...

He has a team as talented as Self’s almost every year and wins about 1 out of 10.

This year he has far more talent. I still won’t be surprised if Self takes the next round.

This LSU-Florida game has been pretty good early on. Both teams look good.

They finally played a decent team. I know it sounds crazy but don't be suprised if Iowa State ends up being ranked higher than Illinois by seasons end.

Wait, what makes you think that? I need to see them win a game vs a power five school first...

Baylor shot the ball poorly from three from what it looks like.

I started watching when they turned it on.
Elite basketball team. They can play 5 minutes of game time to win games against 70% of college basketball

Like what you see in the NBA with teams in the fourth quarter.
Sometimes they do it in the third so they don't have to play in the 4th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT