ADVERTISEMENT

Top Games Saturday - Thoughts?

He is soft.
McCormick said it.

But I think they are trying to bait Texas into fouls
I doubt a player from Kansas would say that without Bill Self giving permission.

But Sims is soft
Good lord, I didn’t hear that. Dmac isn’t soft, he is just basketball ******ed. Can’t believe anything would come out of his mouth except, I need to get much better.

Good lord, I didn’t hear that. Dmac isn’t soft, he is just basketball ******ed. Can’t believe anything would come out of his mouth except, I need to get much better.

He did a Zoom conference for reporters.

How each team divides the minutes will be interesting.
Like you said with Mccormick he has some issues on the court especially guarding the perimeter.

Last year I felt like KUs advantage was at the 5. Even with Mccormick.
Azubuike was unstoppable but when he went out Mccormick was able to enforce his will.
I think Self even threw both on the court at times.

Man I don’t follow Texas at all, but sims looks anything but soft. Dude is jacked!!!

Mccormick said he moves away from contact.
This is true.

He is a good size player. Has a NBA body with NBA athleticism.

Is going to find his way on a NBA roster at some time.
But how much of an impact he makes will depend on if he is willing to body up.

Can't be a big and not want to body up.

KU abused Sims last year.
Very good chance they go after him today.

Looks like two backups out for Texas. One plays 5 min and the other doesn’t play.

Reactions: duckboy33
KU can’t buy a bucket on jumpers. Self back to trying to run the offense through DMac who is a black hole and has a <25% success rate.

Reactions: KUhawks34
I'll trust Shaka's coaching ability more once he starts playing Kai Jones 35 minutes a game. Kid is way too talented to sit nearly half the game on the bench.

Iowa > everyone
11823842324_4f94e9905c_o.gif

KU looks like a team that took 2 weeks off from basketball and forgot how to play. Back to trying to do things on offense (run it through Garrett and DMac) that killed KU offensively early in the year.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Texas playing lights out too. The bad shots they normally take are falling today.

Texas day today with KU’s terrible shooting and Texas getting hit from 3.

Hard to beat a team when they’re that hot from 3. Combined with our best shooters missing good looks.

Shaka has outcoached Self today by a wide margin. He’s made the small in game adjustments to success while Self’s adjustments have been minimal to know success.

Only Jay Bilas could make me want to turn off a top 10 matchup for an undercard like Mizz/Ark or Creighton/Providence.

Insufferable and dumb, yet lauded for some reason....

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Texas has a better team....

Nothing about coaching.
Coaches can't make players on the court better
I’ve seen you guys play several times this year. You’ve never shot like this. A lot of it is simply statistics. You take the same 50 shots one day you’ll make 15 some days and 35 other days. This is your day.

ADVERTISEMENT