ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Kansas Expected to Face "Multiple Major NCAA Violations"

Some of you are just not accepting reality while trying to turn this into a circles game of nothing. We get it, the english language allows for everyone to pretend lawyer. No we can't pin you down, even audio / video evidence can be altered, right?

Kentucky went through a darker past and paid a price, albeit nothing to this extent. Everyone has cheated is not the same as everyone is cheating.

To me, it doesn't take much to assume Kentucky really isn't cheating. The premises easily lend themselves to a probable conclusion.

1. Cal is no fan of the NCAA, and neither is UK, as evident by historical record. There isn't a logical reason why UK wouldn't be receiving NOA. The theory of protection for UK isn't reasonable.

2. The FBI launched an extensive multi-year investigation into college basketball. Kentucky has not received an NOA and is, by all accounts, not getting one. UNC, Kansas, Louisville (and soon to be Arizona) have in one form or another. The NCAA is not shy of launching an investigation.

3. John Cal established a revolutionary system of utilizing OAD athletes while maintaing a good percentage of success from where they were ranked coming in, and where they settled going out; he was highly successful with the model both on and off the court. It is highly unlikely that anything could stop that train of momentum in that fashion, let alone have a situation where the top OAD players reject a UK offer and play for Oregon, Arizona, or even Duke in some cases. All programs without a pedigree of success with early entrees. Is there a good reason for why the top of the classes rejected that system other than what we just learned from the FBI? Unlikely. Especially for establishment / system coaches with a record of being hostile to the OAD, or programs without a pedigree like LSU or Oregon.

Fans don't have the ability to reason, which is why this goes in circles. And most of the time I'd be guilty of defending my own, but in this case, it's not hard to make a fairly firm assumption as to why UK fans have a reasonable expectation of cleanliness given the circumstances.

I feel like this would be a better argument if you didn’t include UNC, which has zero chances of receiving anything from the NCAA’s investigations here. I don’t see how one would be more comfortable with UK’s position over UNC right now. One transcript basically said UNC refused to play the game others were. But hey, you aren’t defending your own here though. Perhaps you meant the academic stuff but they were cleared there so that wouldn’t really make much sense for this topic.

I have no issues thinking UK is not cheating though.

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru
I feel like this would be a better argument if you didn’t include UNC, which has zero chances of receiving anything from the NCAA’s investigations here. I don’t see how one would be more comfortable with UK’s position over UNC right now. One transcript basically said UNC refused to play the game others were. But hey, you aren’t defending your own here though. Perhaps you meant the academic stuff but they were cleared there so that wouldn’t really make much sense for this topic.

I was also confused by Myron Medcalf bringing up UNC in his tweet.

I was also confused by Medcalf bringing up UNC in his tweet.

I haven’t even seen that tweet. Anyone bringing up UNC losses credibility.

Yeah, that is just lazy and kind of hurts his point or giving credence to it. He is speaking out of ignorance.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Actually, $1 would still be cheating. I don't think it would fly in court if they argued that De Sousa's guardian's $2500 payment didn't matter because Ayton received 100k.

You can have your homerish opinion, and we'll have ours. What's the problem?
Is 2500 greater than 1?

$2,500.00 is still a decent amount of money, it counts as a lot more motivation than 1 freaking dollar.

Because Baracus is hanging on Merle Code's statement about schools helping kids. Whether they gave them a dollar or $100k, it's apparently still the same.
Yeah, no.

It’s a black and white issue. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules. I don’t think Code expected the $1 example to be taken literally. Yet here we are.

Yeah, the logic that the FBI and NCAA have found stuff and handed out NOAs over a multi-year investigation on Kansas, UNC, Duke, Louisville, Arizona, Georgia Tech, Auburn, etc etc etc but not a thing on Kentucky must mean Kentucky is just dirty as hell and they're just waiting.

Or, perhaps it's just Occam's Razor and you're just butthurt and deflecting because Kansas is fixin "toupee" the piper.RollLaugh

Also, what about Bam getting money before enrolling at UK? During the FBI probe they found a document that said Bam had a bad loan. So in order for Bam to have a bad loan, he must have in fact gotten a loan. I think that would make him ineligible to play college basketball.

Also, what about Bam getting money before enrolling at UK? During the FBI probe they found a document that said Bam had a bad loan. So in order for Bam to have a bad loan, he must have in fact gotten a loan. I think that would make him ineligible to play college basketball.

i have yet to see anything that states Bam or his family are the ones that received the alleged money

i have asked baracus for that proof many times and he shuts up for a while about it to avoid not being able to provide any proof what so ever

so are we to assume that you have found what the FBI could not (evidence stating who received the money)

Reactions: KyFaninNC
It’s a black and white issue. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules. I don’t think Code expected the $1 example to be taken literally. Yet here we are.
I'm not having a conversation with Code now am I? No, it is you that is saying a dollar is the same as $2,500.00, or did you just somehow get lost and forget what you said?

You need to read the story again, Bam didn’t receive any money. He's being accused of getting a dinner paid for, but he denies being present for the dinner.

Here, read this, so that you actually know the true facts and not something false and concocted.

I quoted the text from the link below and even bolded the important parts to help you.
--------
Report: Ex-Kentucky star Bam Adebayo and sports agent had a $107.68 meal | USA TODAY Sports
https://sports.usatoday.com/2018/03/06/report-exkentucky-star-bam-adebayo-and-sports-agent-had-a-10768-meal/

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Yahoo Sports has released new information about alleged connections between former Kentucky basketball star Bam Adebayo and a professional agency detailed in the FBI investigation into college basketball.

Documents from the FBI investigation obtained by Yahoo through an unnamed source include an expense report from ASM agent Stephen Pina for a June 19, 2015, dinner at The Melting Pot in Charlottesville, Virginia, with Adebayo and Eric Peartree, a man described in multiple media reports as Adebayo’s “mentor” or “guardian.”

The meal, which took place around the NBA Players Association’s Top 100 Camp — in which Adebayo participated as a high school recruit — cost $107.68, including an $18 tip, according to the expense report.

Through his agent, Adebayo denied to Yahoo being present for the meal.

Read this: Calipari worries changes to one-and-done rule will ‘devalue education’

Must read: College basketball’s trap: How agents and shoe companies team up to exploit athletes

“The significance of this meeting is how seemingly insignificant it was,” Yahoo reporters Pat Forde, Pete Thamel and Dan Wetzel wrote. “It was dinner; a good dinner, but not some glitzy wining and dining. There is no evidence of bags of cash or new cars or anything you might see in a movie. There is no suggestion Pina was steering Adebayo to any school (he was uncommitted at the time but later attended the University of Kentucky for the 2016-17 season before becoming a first-round draft pick of the Miami Heat). Adebayo never even signed with ASM.

“It reaffirms, however, the challenge for college sports leaders who are finally confronting the issue of how a young player’s free-market value runs counter to the NCAA’s standards of amateurism.”

Adebayo was first tied to the investigation when Yahoo reported he was one of several players included on an ASM balance sheet that appeared to list loans to players. The document listed “BAM” for a $12,000 expense from the agency.

Hell, even Pat Forde and Pete Thamel say it's false and when it involves UK, you might want to believe them. Those dudes have been putting in some serious work to bury Calipari and UK.

It's very possible that Pina paid that money to Peartree to get him to convince Bam to go to NCST, but it looks like Bam never received a nickel.

Last edited:
Reactions: mebeblue2
I'm not having a conversation with Code now am I? No, it is you that is saying a dollar is the same as $2,500.00, or did you just somehow get lost and forget what you said?

I expected you to realize that I wasn’t implying that anyone literally offers recruits $1. Sorry—I guess I should have spelled it out.

His point (and mine) is that there’s a variety of ways to cheat, and also a wide range of payments in the game. As evidenced by $2500 for De Sousa and $100k for Ayton.

Not complicated.

I expected you to realize that I wasn’t implying that anyone literally offers recruits $1. Sorry—I guess I should have spelled it out.

His point (and mine) is that there’s a variety of ways to cheat, and also a wide range of payments in the game. As evidenced by $2500 for De Sousa and $100k for Ayton.

Not complicated.
No, he said schools "help" kids, whether it's a dollar or $25,000.00, all schools help kids.
There's a difference between helping and cheating and I don't consider a damn meal to be the same as paying a family $2,500.00. Maybe you do, but that's just because you have an agenda and you also want everyone to believe that Self's transgressions are comparable to giving a kid a dollar.

No, he said schools "help" kids, whether it's a dollar or $25,000.00, all schools help kids.
There's a difference between helping and cheating and I don't consider a damn meal to be the same as paying a family $2,500.00. Maybe you do, but that's just because you have an agenda and you also want everyone to believe that Self's transgressions are comparable to giving a kid a dollar.

Actually, he said they all do things to “help get kids.”

Call it what you want. I’m just taking Code’s comments at face value. You’re the one attempting to twist them to fit your agenda.

You can pull the “you only claim it’s widespread because KU is under investigation” card all you want. I’m just echoing the words of someone who’s been knee deep in it for many years, at both Nike and Adidas.

"Nike schools pay too," Code said. "It’s a corrupt space as it is and cheating is cheating. Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating. ... So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space."

Bury your head and call everybody jealous haters, yada yada...end of the day, you know the truth.

In recent years, Adidas has drawn the ire of Nike by breaking the code of the bagmen by paying more than the going rate for some recruits.

Make no mistake...the corruption has been very widespread for a long time, as Bilas and former AAU coaches will tell you. But what do these people know that you don’t, amirite?

Last edited:
i have yet to see anything that states Bam or his family are the ones that received the alleged money

i have asked baracus for that proof many times and he shuts up for a while about it to avoid not being able to provide any proof what so ever

so are we to assume that you have found what the FBI could not (evidence stating who received the money)

Then why would the FBI see a document that said "Bad Loan" for Bam? Here are two articles below that certainly suggest he did receive a loan.

http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost....d-36500-loan-from-agency-before-entering-nba/

https://sports.usatoday.com/2018/03...am-adebayo-and-sports-agent-had-a-10768-meal/

Reactions: KyFaninNC
In recent years, Adidas has drawn the ire of Nike by breaking the code of the bagmen by paying more than the going rate for some recruits.

Make no mistake...the corruption has been very widespread for a long time, as Bilas and former AAU coaches will tell you. But what do these people know that you don’t, amirite?

link?

ohhh, that was just your opinion. My bad.

Actually, he said they all do things to “help get kids.”

Call it what you want. I’m just taking Code’s comments at face value. You’re the one attempting to twist them to fit your agenda.

You can pull the “you only claim it’s widespread because KU is under investigation” card all you want. I’m just echoing the words of someone who’s been knee deep in it for many years, at both Nike and Adidas.

"Nike schools pay too," Code said. "It’s a corrupt space as it is and cheating is cheating. Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating. ... So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space."

Bury your head and call everybody jealous haters, yada yada...end of the day, you know the truth.

What am I twisting? He literally said:
"Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating. ... So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space."

I just took that out of your post where you are accusing me of twisting words by saying there is a difference between a dollar and $25k.

How am I twisting words? I've been saying this exact thing. You're the one trying to convince everyone on here that all schools are cheating and THIS is your proof. A known criminal that is flailing accusations out there as he's going to prison for cheating. This is the guy you're going to hitch your wagon to huh? Nice.

Again, if Calipari gave a kid a dollar to get a damn pack of gum, it ain't the same thing as Self working with a shoe company to pay a kids family to bribe him to come to KU. I know that's how your mind works, but there is a reason why UK isn’t in trouble and KU is.

Again, tell me what I'm twisting or stfu.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
"Whether I give you a dollar, 100,000, or I get your mom and dad jobs, it’s cheating. ... So in some form or fashion, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kentucky and all of the schools are doing something to help get kids. That’s just a part of the space."

I just took that out of your post where you are accusing me of twisting words by saying there is a difference between a dollar and $25k.

How am I twisting words? I've been saying this exact thing. You're the one trying to convince everyone on here that all schools are cheating and THIS is your proof. A known criminal that is flailing accusations out there as he's going to prison for cheating. This is the guy you're going to hitch your wagon to huh? Nice.

Again, if Calipari gave a kid a dollar to get a damn pack of gum, it ain't the same thing as Self working with a shoe company to pay a kids family to bribe him to come to KU. I know that's how your mind works, but there is a reason why UK isn’t in trouble and KU is.

I think the main reason why KU is in trouble is because they have a contract with Adidas while the other blue bloods do not.

That’s it.

JMO

Oh so blogs are official proof of what?

Tell me what school you root for and I will write a blog with proof that they cheat. SmokinSmile

So the 2nd link that was not a blog didn’t have the right info for you. I don’t care that he was paid but just pointing out that he was paid.

Then why would the FBI see a document that said "Bad Loan" for Bam? Here are two articles below that certainly suggest he did receive a loan.

http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost....d-36500-loan-from-agency-before-entering-nba/

https://sports.usatoday.com/2018/03...am-adebayo-and-sports-agent-had-a-10768-meal/

again that does not say he or any of his family got the money
the money more than likely went to a coach or someone else to influence him
it never worked, so it was a "bad loan"

you do know in most of the cases in the FBI probe that is what happened
that is one of the reasons why they were facing jail time
it is not a FBI crime to pay a player

I think the main reason why KU is in trouble is because they have a contract with Adidas while the other blue bloods do not.

That’s it.

JMO
That’s true, but Baracus is accusing others of cheating because Merle Code made that statement.

My point is that a dollar is not the same as $100,000.00 or $2,500.00.

Then he claims I have something twisted. I have no idea what's twisted. He's using Code's quote as proof that everyone is cheating. I don’t see the connection.

As far as KU, yeah, I get it, but either way, they are in some hot water.

So the 2nd link that was not a blog didn’t have the right info for you. I don’t care that he was paid but just pointing out that he was paid.
I betcha he was never paid. Ban bet? Avatar bet? Your choice.

You used the phrase “help kids,” but his quote was that they all do things to help “get” kids. Or maybe you just can’t read.

You’re also twisting his meaning by using examples like Calipari giving a kid a stick of gum. I THINK you’re smart enough to know that this isn’t what he was getting at in regards to cheating to gain an advantage. I mean, he wasn’t vague....he spelled it out. Nike schools cheat. They pay varying amounts or give jobs. Specific names were dropped.

Your angle now is to try to convince everybody that Code’s words can have multiple interpretations, but they really can’t.

“Flailing accusations as he’s going to prison?” This proves that you have no idea what you’re talking about. I think we’ve been over this about 5 times. The comments were recorded by an undercover FBI agent posing as an investor back in 2017.

All it really comes down to is this: should we believe Code? Or you? Hmmmm.....tough one.

You used the phrase “help kids,” but his quote was that they all do things to help “get” kids. Or maybe you just can’t read.

You’re also twisting his meaning by using examples like Calipari giving a kid a stick of gum. I THINK you’re smart enough to know that this isn’t what he was getting at in regards to cheating to gain an advantage. I mean, he wasn’t vague....he spelled it out. Nike schools cheat. They pay varying amounts or give jobs. Specific names were dropped.

Your angle now is to try to convince everybody that Code’s words can have multiple interpretations, but they really can’t.

“Flailing accusations as he’s going to prison?” This proves that you have no idea what you’re talking about. I think we’ve been over this about 5 times. The comments were recorded by an undercover FBI agent posing as an investor back in 2017.

All it really comes down to is this: should we believe Code? Or you? Hmmmm.....tough one.
Oh give me a break. "Help get kids" is not what you were talking about when you accused me of twisting words. You accused me of twisting the $1 vs $100,000.00 quote. Now you're changing your story.

Merle Code threw out a bunch of big names when he made that statement, if he had dirt on any of them, he would have provided it, but he didn't.

As far as who we all should believe, it's not up to me or Code, it's up to the NCAA or the FBI if they go after Nike the way they did Adidas. I never said I knew for a fact UK, Duke etc… . were innocent, but I do know there's no reason to accuse them of cheating since there's nothing out about those programs.

But hey, have fun being a murderer, you fit the description. According to you, if one school is cheating, all of them are, so that makes you a murderer, cheater, liar, thief etc… , you have all the same characteristics of the people that committed those crimes.

I'm not though, I don't believe in your "guilty until proven innocent" crap.

I think it's crazy to think the FBI targeted only Adidas and somehow wanted to not include Nike. Just guessing,but I'm thinking the FBI doesn't care about some sort of sports favoritism. With all the man hours they put into that investigation they would have brought up Nike.....oh wait they did.

Meaning, just stop with the Nike schools being protected. It's foolish and a bit paranoid.

Merle Code threw out a bunch of big names when he made that statement, if he had dirt on any of them, he would have provided it, but he didn't.

Why in God’s name would he feel the need to provide proof of anything in a casual conversation with someone that he thought was an investor. Mind-boggling, especially since we’ve been through this 10 times before.

As far as who we all should believe, it's not up to me or Code, it's up to the NCAA or the FBI if they go after Nike the way they did Adidas. I never said I knew for a fact UK, Duke etc… . were innocent, but I do know there's no reason to accuse them of cheating since there's nothing out about those programs.

What you and afamu can’t seem to grasp is that, in the court of public opinion, we don’t need to prove anything to have a belief. You can say “there’s no reason to accuse” all you want, but it’s completely wrong. There are many reasons to hold these opinions.

Btw, it’s interesting that Mr Prove It continues to imply that there’s proof of Self’s involvement with payments. Sure, it may look bad (as do the Vanderbilt/Bam documents and Code’s comments), but where’s the proof? How do you know he wasn’t just asking Gassnola to put in a good word? Prove it.

Also, let’s not forget that IF they were alluding to payments in those texts, that Gassnola specifically mentions that Kentucky’s involved in the same game. Maybe you should lay off that angle.

Why in God’s name would he feel the need to provide proof of anything in a casual conversation with someone that he thought was an investor. Mind-boggling, especially since we’ve been through this 10 times before.

What you and afamu can’t seem to grasp is that, in the court of public opinion, we don’t need to prove anything to have a belief. You can say “there’s no reason to accuse” all you want, but it’s completely wrong. There are many reasons to hold these opinions.

Btw, it’s interesting that Mr Prove It continues to imply that there’s proof of Self’s involvement with payments. Sure, it may look bad (as do the Vanderbilt/Bam documents and Code’s comments), but where’s the proof? How do you know he wasn’t just asking Gassnola to put in a good word? Prove it.

Also, let’s not forget that IF they were alluding to payments in those texts, that Gassnola specifically mentions that Kentucky’s involved in the same game. Maybe you should lay off that angle.
I guess it all comes down to one groups opinion. We'll see if KU gets hit and if UK gets any attention. That will provide "proof".

Until then KU is going to have to defend themselves and UK will go on like they've never received any allegations from the NCAA.

*I only included UK in my post in response of you constantly typing UK in response to UK fans talking about KU's troubles. It seems like your defense mechanism is to attack the messenger.

We'll see if a "bad loan" is worth the NCAA's time. Lord knows Calipari's 500 win ball was so they would clearly be interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru and kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT