ADVERTISEMENT

OT 2020 NFL general discussion thread.

Dead clock is right twice a day. 35 attempts and 200 to show for it. Horrible TD to INT Ratio. He’s just not good enough in today’s NFL

He’s completed 69% with two TDs and a rushing TD. Vs a good pass defense.

You might be right in general but I don’t think this game really supports it.

Dead clock is right twice a day. 35 attempts and 200 to show for it. Horrible TD to INT Ratio. He’s just not good enough in today’s NFL

Hopefully Carolina screws up drafting their future qb for the next couple of decades so you can see what terrible qb play looks like.

Some people thought Carolina would be one of the worst teams in football before the season. It’s not like the roster other than qb is super talented or set up for success. Y’all have exactly one elite player, in Mccaffery. Decent receivers as well but look around damn near every team in the league has a good receiving core when healthy.

Yes I understand teddy is not an elite qb, but y’all could be doing so much worse. Would you have rather resigned Kyle Allen or Cam?

Hopefully Carolina screws up drafting their future qb for the next couple of decades so you can see what terrible qb play looks like.

Some people thought Carolina would be one of the worst teams in football before the season. It’s not like the roster other than qb is super talented or set up for success. Y’all have exactly one elite player, in Mccaffery. Decent receivers as well but look around damn near every team in the league has a good receiving core when healthy.

Yes I understand teddy is not an elite qb, but y’all could be doing so much worse. Would you have rather resigned Kyle Allen or Cam?

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to upgrade your QB if you don’t think he’s championship-worthy. Although I’ve actually been impressed with him today. Mostly executing well and making good decisions.

You have no idea how much Chiefs fans bitched about Alex Smith, a guy who turned a 2-win team into a perennial 11-game winner. With a weak defense for much of it.

But KC fans had seen the average retread QB one too many times. Then look what happened when they finally decided to draft a QB.

Last edited:

I get you’re emotionally attached but he’s a bottom tier quarterback in a time where you basically always looking to upgrade. You need a perfect roster to win with Teddy. He had that in Minny and still couldn’t win a playoff game. But alas, you aren’t the only Louisville fan I know that pumps up the below average quarterback.

I mean I get it, your always looking to get better at the most important position in sports, but y’all act like drafting a maholmes just happens every year. Like multiple teams who needed a qb didn’t pass on him for someone else. Or that any qb you draft is automatically going to be better.

KC nailed the draft with maholmes, stating the obvious, but it doesn’t always work out like that. When carolina ends up with a sam darnold/Dwayne Haskins/jameis Winston/Marcus mariota type for 2-3 years you will wish you still had a decent qb. That’s all teddy is, I get it, he’s not one of the best in the league, but he’s certainly competent and he’s not the reason carolina isn’t a good football team. Plus he started for one season in Minnesota, before his injury, so it’s not like you can say he choked over and over again in the playoffs. He’s 0-1

I just find it comical you call out the qb who at the time had 0 turnover and 3 tds against the defending super bowl champs in a competitive game, like he’s the main or only problem.

If teddys in the bottom tier that’s one big ass tier. Middle of the pack, absolutely.

Last edited:
I mean I get it but y’all act like drafting a maholmes just happens every year. Like multiple teams who needed a qb didn’t pass on him for someone else. Or that’s any qb you draft is automatically going to be better.

KC nailed the draft with maholmes, stating the obvious, but it doesn’t always work out like that. When carolina ends up with a sam darnold/Dwayne Haskins/jameis Winston/Marcus mariota type for 2-3 years you will wish you still had a decent qb. That’s all teddy is, I get it, he’s not great, but he’s certainly competent and he’s not the reason carolina isn’t a good football team.

I just find it comical you call out the qb who at the time had 0 turnover and 3 tds against the defending super bowl champs in a competitive game, like he’s the main or only problem.
I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. If you have a below average quarterback, you should always be looking to upgrade. It’s the most important position in sports. Teddy isn’t the only problem, but with what I just said, he isn’t the answer and won’t be long term. You guys get your feelings hurt because you think I’m taking a shot at your boy when it reality it has nothing to do with him being a Louisville kid or with him as a person. I would call out any other below average QB Carolina rolls out there.

We have an incredible coaching staff who I think we can win a title with. I don’t feel that way about our quarterback.

Louisville fans are the only people I deal with who consistently cry when you call out their mediocre pro players. The way y’all talk about Teddy, it’s like he hasn’t been on four teams in three years.

You act Like Teddy has crashed and burned out of his last 3 NFL jobs. He had a horrific injury in which doctors were unsure if he’d be able to keep his leg, much less play nfl football. Teddy has literally done nothing but win everywhere he’s been up until now. From Louisville, to Minnesota, to spot duty in NO after his injury.

Can you name one realistic option coming into the season that Carolina had at qb that would be better than teddy? Allen? Can? Did y’all draft high enough to take Herbert? And not like a whole lot of people thought he would have early success like he has.

Or anyone who thought Carolina would be anything more than dead last in the division this year anyways? I understand I have bias towards teddy, but it’s not like I’m pumping him up to be an mvp candidate or anything. I guess more than anything like what did you expect? He’s performed right at or maybe even above expectations coming in imo.

I’m a packers fan, so I’m blessed to literally have only rooted for elite, HOF qbs in my life span in Farve and Rodgers.

Yet in 20 plus years of having them, we’ve won “only” won 2 Super Bowls. One for each. So I guess watching GB put out mediocre teams so often despite usually outstanding qb play, I’ve learned it’s not as easy as just plug in a great qb and all your problems will be solved. You need a pretty damn good roster To win in this league even with Aaron Rodgers behind center.

Keep holding your breath that yall can grab the next Mahomes in the draft. Maybe you can, maybe you draft Mitch trubisky (who EVERY scout had rated higher coming out) and rebuild around that for 4-5 years. Then you’ll get to do it again. Just bc when KC finally drafted a qb, they got the most talented dude ever, doesn’t mean Carolina will.

Last edited:
You act Like Teddy has crashed and burned out of his last 3 NFL jobs. He had a horrific injury in which doctors were unsure if he’d be able to keep his leg, much less play nfl football. Teddy has literally done nothing but win everywhere he’s been up until now. From Louisville, to Minnesota, to spot duty in NO after his injury.

Can you name one realistic option coming into the season that Carolina had at qb that would be better than teddy? Allen? Can? Did y’all draft high enough to take Herbert? And not like a whole lot of people thought he would have early success like he has.

Or anyone who thought Carolina would be anything more than dead last in the division this year anyways? I understand I have bias towards teddy, but it’s not like I’m pumping him up to be an mvp candidate or anything. I guess more than anything like what did you expect? He’s performed right at or maybe even above expectations coming in imo.

I’m a packers fan, so I’m blessed to literally have only rooted for elite, HOF qbs in my life span in Farve and Rodgers.

Yet in 20 plus years of having them, we’ve won “only” won 2 Super Bowls. One for each. So I guess watching GB put out mediocre teams so often despite usually outstanding qb play, I’ve learned it’s not as easy as just plug in a great qb and all your problems will be solved. You need a pretty damn good roster To win in this league even with Aaron Rodgers behind center.

Keep holding your breath that yall can grab the next Mahomes in the draft. Maybe you can, maybe you draft Mitch trubisky (who EVERY scout had rated higher coming out) and rebuild around that for 4-5 years. Then you’ll get to do it again. Just bc when KC finally drafted a qb, they got the most talented dude ever, doesn’t mean Carolina will.
Context is important here. He played extremely weak competition at Louisville and has very strong rosters at Minnesota and NO. A number of limited quarterbacks could have won there. I guess I’m just confused as to why you’re getting on me for wanting to improve at a very important spot when we have a guy who’s below average. I’ve already admitted he’s not the only problem, so that can’t be it, right? You’re just being sensitive. I’m not going to make you turn in your Louisville fan card for admitting Teddy is at best average in the NFL.

I’ve never said he was anything other than a middle of the pack guy. Your the one who has him in the bottom tier.

More importantly your the one that’s always on here bitching about him, even when he’s not playing poorly. Not the defense, or the Oline, or even the kicker. Even the Chiefs fan was baffled by your post.

If he was sucking ass, coughing up the ball, and single handedly costing you games week in and week out, I wouldn’t be defending him. But he’s not. And there’s a big difference in wanting to get better at the position and needlessly bashing the guy you have.

It’s the NFL, there’s a whole lot of shitty teams out there with a “strong roster”, not all of them are winning football games. Hell you don’t have to look to far in the division to glance at ATL. Gurley, Ridley, Jones, is a strong ass roster of skill players, yet Matt Ryan has won the same amount of games as Teddy. Y’all have seen it as well, you can go from super bowl contender to bottom of the division with the same damn roster if you catch some bad luck along the way.

And again, most every sports person in the world thought Carolina would be one of the worst teams in the league this year anyways. I’m not too sure any qb not named Brady, Brees, Rodgers, mahomes could get that roster into the playoffs, esp the way the division is looking.

Last edited:
I’ve never said he was anything other than a middle of the pack guy. Your the one who has him in the bottom tier.

More importantly your the one that’s always on here bitching about him, even when he’s not playing poorly. Not the defense, or the Oline, or even the kicker. Even the Chiefs fan was baffled by your post.

If he was sucking ass, coughing up the ball, and single handedly costing you games week in and week out, I wouldn’t be defending him. But he’s not. And there’s a big difference in wanting to get better at the position and needlessly bashing the guy you have.

It’s the NFL, there’s a whole lot of shitty teams out there with a “strong roster”, not all of them are winning football games. Hell you don’t have to look to far in the division to glance at ATL. Gurley, Ridley, Jones, is a strong ass roster of skill players, yet Matt Ryan has won the same amount of games as Teddy. Y’all have seen it as well, you can go from super bowl contender to bottom of the division with the same damn roster if you catch some bad luck along the way.

And again, most every sports person in the world thought Carolina would be one of the worst teams in the league this year anyways.
We have three wins Laughing whatever. Defend his horrible record and shitty touchdown to pick ratio. He won’t be our quarterback much longer, thank goodness. Maybe your packers can scoop him up after Rodgers retires. I’m sure you would feel the same way you now when he’s not on your team.

Unlike yourself, it would actually depend on how he’s playing. You were bitching about the signing before he ever took a snap, so I guess it’s not that surprising, your still beating the same drum, even when it’s out of sync with reality.

Also, Baracus said I was right about him Laughing please tell me this isn’t your best effort.

No dipshit, let me translate for you, he said you MIGHT be right, but I don’t know why your bringing it up now bc he’s playing pretty damned well.

Edit: missed the emoji, delete

Unlike yourself, it would actually depend on how he’s playing. You were bitching about the signing before he ever took a snap, so I guess it’s not that surprising, your still beating the same drum, even when it’s out of sync with reality.
You’re full of shit and a complete moron. Stop talking NFL. It’s out of your brain comprehension

No dipshit, let me translate for you, he said you MIGHT be right, but I don’t know why your bringing it up now bc he’s playing pretty damned well.

Edit: missed the emoji, delete
In other words, you were wrong saying he was baffled by my post. You’re a cuck. One of the dumbest on this board

No he was openly wondering why you would single out teddy today when he was playing well.

But commence with the name calling. Shows off that superior intelligence lol

No he was openly wondering why you would single out teddy today when he was playing well.

But commence with the name calling. Shows off that superior intelligence lol
Oh boo hoo. You want to call someone a dipshit and cry when they say something back. I also have repeatedly said we are just a shit team with a horrible defense. Go back and read the other pages. That doesn’t make Teddy and less of an average quarterback.

What response can I have other than dipshit when you can’t realize that the fan of the other team was defending your qbs play today while you were bitching and moaning about it.

If you want to call someone terrible, then you should probly wait until they are actually playing terrible.

Only true idiots pull posts where they are proven wrong and act like it is evidence they are right. I usually feel bad making fun of slow folks but yikes. Someone give villain a bib

What response can I have other than dipshit when you can’t realize that the fan of the other team was defending your qbs play today while you were bitching and moaning about it.

If you want to call someone terrible, then you should probly wait until they are actually playing terrible.
Hard to take you serious with this English. Did you finish elementary school?

Here comes that superior intelligence lol

He said EXACTLY what I said he did.

I promise you I’m in the majority on this Bridgewater situation as far as Panthers fans. I’ll happily link a message board for you to prove it. Will you stop being such a pussy if I do that for you? @Villian07

Hard to take you serious with this English. Did you finish elementary school?

You’ve gone from name calling to grammar policing.

Aka clearly rustled. I’ll take a break, let sobriety take its course. Good luck with the qb search this offseason. Maybe some day the crowning moment of your franchise’s history won’t be losing a game.

You’ve gone from name calling to grammar policing.

Aka clearly rustled. I’ll take a break, let sobriety take its course. Good luck with the qb search this offseason. Maybe some day the crowning moment of your franchise’s history won’t be losing a game.
I notice you didn’t respond to my other post. Hilarious. Your whole argument is based on “He won with loaded rosters in Minny and NO and beat up on weak teams at Louisville.” Never mind I’ve offered you countless other Panthers fans opinions about our quarterback situation, claimed over and over in this very thread that we have other issues than QB, and have explained to you that a guy who plays on 4 teams in 3 years doesn’t exactly have the resume of a good quarterback, let alone an average one. But hey, at least you can blame your drivel and nonsense on the sauce. Take a lap.

Says a lot you couldn’t answer, little guy. Maybe time for bed

If you link multiple people bitching about Teddys play today against the chiefs, then that will only prove that there are several dumbasses on that message board.

I notice you didn’t respond to my other post. Hilarious. Your whole argument is based on “He won with loaded rosters in Minny and NO and beat up on weak teams at Louisville.” Never mind I’ve offered you countless other Panthers fans opinions about our quarterback situation, claimed over and over in this very thread that we have other issues than QB, and have explained to you that a guy who plays on 4 teams in 3 years doesn’t exactly have the resume of a good quarterback, let alone an average one. But hey, at least you can blame your drivel and nonsense on the sauce. Take a lap.

So your going with, he’s won everywhere he’s been, at every level. But since he tore up his knee and is on his third team in four years he’s terrible. Regardless if he’s playing well today, he’s still terrible well bc he’s not elite.

I don’t even have to make posts calling you stupid, you do it all by yourself.

So your going with, he’s won everywhere he’s been, at every level. But since he tore up his knee and is on his third team in four years he’s terrible. Regardless if he’s playing well today, he’s still terrible well bc he’s not elite.

I don’t even have to make posts calling you stupid, you do it all by yourself.
You’ve been clowned all night, chump. But at least everyone knows you’ve been drinking, so you kinda have that going for you. Leave pro football to folks with a brain, okay?

Ahhhh my team sucks. **** the quarterback he must suck too!

Over 60% 2 tds a rushing td with no turnovers.... Well he had strong rosters in Minn and NO!!!! And he played weak competition in college!

Ahhhh my team sucks. **** the quarterback he must suck too!

Over 60% 2 tds a rushing td with no turnovers.... Well he had strong rosters in Minn and NO!!!! And he played weak competition in college!
Thought it was time for bed, little guy?

11 touchdowns and 6 picks in 9 games. He’s doing great. 3-6 record, too. Just lighting it up. It’s honestly a shame, because with all of our flaws, skill positions on offense isn’t one of them. What could be if we had a real quarterback.

You’ve been clowned all night, chump. But at least everyone knows you’ve been drinking, so you kinda have that going for you. Leave pro football to folks with a brain, okay?

I’ve been clowned lmao.

I literally made you back pedal from teddys a bottom tier qb to an average qb in about 3 posts full of facts.

If Im the clown, start thinking about what that makes you.

You’ve gone from name calling, to grammar policing, to now stealing my insults. Your desperation could not be any clearer. I don’t even wanna see what’s next. Good luck in the draft.

I’ve been clowned lmao.

I literally made you back pedal from teddys a bottom tier qb to an average qb in about 3 posts full of facts.

If Im the clown, start thinking about what that makes you.

You’ve gone from name calling, to grammar policing, to now stealing my insults. Your desperation could not be any clearer. I don’t even wanna see what’s next. Good luck in the draft.
1. You started the name calling.
2. You still haven’t told me if you’ve graduated from elementary school.
3. If you’re drunk I bet it’s from two umbrella drinks. No way a pussy like you can drink.

Your facts are he did great with the best rosters in the NFL for a season and a half RollLaugh why didn’t those other teams stick with him? Even the Jets didn’t want him!

ADVERTISEMENT