ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Yeah, I know it's on low volume and he pretty much only shoots wide open ones but I was shocked to see Galloway's 3P% leading up to the Purdue game.
Much improved shooter.....I'dlike to see the kid take more----but he's not gonna force. Just takes what the defense gives. 20-40 isn't a high volume, but shooting 50% on 40 Attempts is solid.

IU's backcourt is vastly improved from 3 and doesn't really have anyone to ignore, there which helps quite a bit.

I think the volume is just so low (fewest attempts in the B1G during conference play, #338 overall on the season as a whole) that the 3 pt shooting doesn't really scare opponents.
Agree.....I wish we'd take more. Certainly have the shooters. But its a nice piece to have, when needed.

IU's backcourt is vastly improved from 3 and doesn't really have anyone to ignore, there which helps quite a bit.

I think the volume is just so low (fewest attempts in the B1G during conference play, #338 overall on the season as a whole) that the 3 pt shooting doesn't really scare opponents.
Agree it doesn't "scare" anyone----but it makes teams respect IU from there---and that opens things up; especially for TJD. Teams just cannot pack it in.

Huge RU vs IU game tonight

Mawot Mag done for the year. Tore his ACL in the game v MSU. Kid had been a starter from Day 1 this season and was really coming on for us. A tenacious defender and plus rebounder. We don't have much depth this season so this will hurt. Everyone has injuries so it's next man up for us.

Not sure if Hyatt or Simpson or little used Palmquist starts for us tonight. The last is an option as it allows Pike to keep some decent "punch" coming off the bench with Hyatt and Simpson staying in their rotation spots. Although those two will surely get more minutes.

• Sad
Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Mawot Mag done for the year. Tore his ACL in the game v MSU. Kid had been a starter from Day 1 this season and was really coming on for us. A tenacious defender and plus rebounder. We don't have much depth this season so this will hurt. Everyone has injuries so it's next man up for us.

Not sure if Hyatt or Simpson or little used Palmquist starts for us tonight. The last is an option as it allows Pike to keep some decent "punch" coming off the bench with Hyatt and Simpson staying in their rotation spots. Although those two will surely get more minutes.
Man that’s a bummer for you guys. I legitimately don’t know the difference between Mag and Hyatt (they’re like the same dude when I watch) but having all those 6’7 dudes is such a big part of what you guys do on both ends of the floor.

Reactions: RutgHoops
4B1zPQV.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a player dribble the ball off the ref's foot. Fortuitous for Indiana.

I missed it and tuned in late. What's up with IU's jerseys?

Reminds me of cotton candy but that's surface thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT