ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

247 Sports updated their 2023 ranks. A few nuggets:

FmSf2T1XkB8mJav

Think this is a solid ranking of MSU guys. Gehrig has been out for a while with a broken hand so 90 is fair, although I think he could go higher. Good combo of athleticism and shooting ability.

Think this is a solid ranking of MSU guys. Gehrig has been out for a while with a broken hand so 90 is fair, although I think he could go higher. Good combo of athleticism and shooting ability.
Booker at 10 is still WAY too high. He doesn’t dominate on a nightly basis like you’d expect from a guy ranked that high. Their best player has been a guard who’s committed to play football at Purdue next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparty_57
No one’s spending extra time in the Kohl Center concourse. It’s boring and sterile.
And like @jwardelt, I don't care. I want the best possible atmosphere to help the team win every home game, while still selling out every game, which Purdue has done more than 50 straight times.

If I want cup holders and comfortable seats, I'll go to an NBA game.

And like @jwardelt, I don't care. I want the best possible atmosphere to help the team win every home game, while still selling out every game, which Purdue has done more than 50 straight times.

If I want cup holders and comfortable seats, I'll go to an NBA game.

I don’t think great atmosphere and an updated arena are mutually exclusive

Our problem isn’t the arena it’s the blue hairs. And lack of attendance this year and last few years. Lots of empty seats. People still afraid of Covid.
As a visiting fan, I loved going to the game last week at OSU. The seats were comfortable and had plenty of room, attendance was 17,227 and it was a far less intimidating environment than the Palestra (which I was also at) on Sunday in front of 9,000 people. I'd wager in both cases, Purdue fans were no more than 15% of the crowd.

I don’t think great atmosphere and an updated arena are mutually exclusive
The atmosphere will improve when they bring back alcohol sales to buckets and football which appear to be in the works.

That's right B1G, UW has been doing as well as they have been without fueling their AD coffers with alcohol sales....in Wisconsin....that will be changing. Then....

money-animated-gif-4.gif

The atmosphere will improve when they bring back alcohol sales to buckets and football which appear to be in the works.

That's right B1G, UW has been doing as well as they have been without fueling their AD coffers with alcohol sales....in Wisconsin....that will be changing. Then....

money-animated-gif-4.gif
@hawkit3113 's anus will be goo if ever attends a game w/ alcohol sales.
giphy.gif

Booker at 10 is still WAY too high. He doesn’t dominate on a nightly basis like you’d expect from a guy ranked that high. Their best player has been a guard who’s committed to play football at Purdue next year.
Yeah no I agree with that, I’ve just kind of accepted they’re going to rank him that high because he’s a big guy who can handle and shoot. And I definitely think a guy like him had a high ceiling. But yes, based on production not a top 10 guy.

Reactions: boiler1987
What our mod had to say about Xavier Booker

“Firstly, he takes a lot of empty, false steps. He has a habit of hopping straight up 6 inches when it's time to change direction, when he should be making a stride somewhere. So his first problem is he is late and beaten to spots repeatedly. Very casual. Getting him to play hard, with more urgency, is going to be a multi-year process.

His on-ball defense was ... not good, to be diplomatic. He has big, big problems there if he truly wants to be a four.

KLucas refers to him as a big man earlier in this thread, but Booker doesn't play a big man's game. He doesn't post up. So this isn't a case of a big man posting up and people not feeding him the ball.

I double down on what Paul K and I said during the summer. It's not Booker's fault that someone ranked him the No. 1 player in the nation. Michigan State fans need to erase that ranking from their memory bank and have patience with him.”

Going to be interest to follow. Hopefully he’s the kind of kid who doesn’t bolt after he isn’t an all big ten player first year. Just wanted to give an update on how the fanbases sees him, trust me, the knowledgeable ones in the fan base have tempered expectations.

All Mich guys are severely underrated and should be 5 stars (no homer) 😉

Reactions: MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT