ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Live look at @1016CC0503

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

AcceptableEmbellishedCrow-size_restricted.gif
Dawg, I’m a 26 yo Illinois fan.

This is still better than 85-90% of Illinois seasons in my life time.

It’ll be funny when Illinois hires Richard Pitino in two years and these guys act like they always knew Und32wood (his new name because he can’t get past the round of 32) would suck.

They flipped on Groce real quick.

It’ll be funny when Illinois hires Richard Pitino in two years and these guys act like they always knew Und32wood (his new name because he can’t get past the round of 32) would suck.

They flipped on Groce real quick.
Lol at thinking Underwood is going to get fired.

Right up there with the Juwan takes the last couple weeks by other Michigan fans

Remember when people were saying it wasn't a good sign to lose all 3 of your assistants at once?
Remember when all those assistants were a part of the team that won the B1G last year?

How many have your assistants at Indiana won?

Reactions: RichieRebel
Xavier Booker has a great summer but buddy needs to be knocked back down to a 4 star. Has some perimeter skills, great shooter for his size, but he’s just a more physically mature Marcus Bingham coming in at this point. Still a good recruit, but shouldn’t sniff top 5.

I’m really not sure he’s ready to start at MSU next year if we’re looking to be at the top of the conference. Would love Malik back for a 5th year.

Xavier Booker has a great summer but buddy needs to be knocked back down to a 4 star. Has some perimeter skills, great shooter for his size, but he’s just a more physically mature Marcus Bingham coming in at this point. Still a good recruit, but shouldn’t sniff top 5.

I’m really not sure he’s ready to start at MSU next year if we’re looking to be at the top of the conference. Would love Malik back for a 5th year.
Him being top 5 has more to do with the lack of top tier talent/potential in the 2023 class than anything else, IMO.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Him being top 5 has more to do with the lack of top tier talent/potential in the 2023 class than anything else, IMO.
Yeah, heard Bossi or someone like that say the 23’ class is the worst he’s seen in some time at the top.

Yeah, heard Bossi or someone like that say the 23’ class is the worst he’s seen in some time at the top.
There isn’t one player in that class that I can say with any degree of certainty will be an all-star caliber player in the league

Closest thing is Edwards or Booker, but those are purely on potential and not production

Oh really?

Makes it little bit more of toss up. But Wisconsin +6.5 (to me) looks like easy money, even if you don’t win it’ll be closer than that
No such thing as free money. 😖

I lost a lot when I had an inside scoop on Hunter being out at OSU last year. And plenty of other times.

Any further clarity on who got hurt?
Multiple sources saying Mayer, but have one that is claiming this is all a hoax……

Tbh I have no fvcking clue at this point. Been a wild day for news.

Not legal. It's fine if you want to argue "it's done all the time and isn't called", but it is not legal.

1. Attempting to gain an advantage by interfering with the ball after a goal or by failing to immediately pass the ball to the nearest official after a whistle is blown (See Rule 10-4.1.l)

https://www.quickscores.com/downloads/ftmeadesports_20212022_NCAA_Mens_Basketball_Rulebook.pdf
Its a horrendous call. Key phrase: "Attempting to gain an advantage". Geronimo was not doing that. The intent of the rule here was grossly misinterpreted... I mean look, I could call that exact play a technical 10 times a game if I wanted. Its simply a horrible interpretation of the rule.

I mean its not legal to come out of the coaches box, and argue, etc.....How often is that enforced?

Awful call of many----including the counting the basket on TJD's "and one", when Geronimo grabbed the rim.

Worked his game earlier this year @ Jeffersonville. He is good. He however is not Top 5 good. Hell I was more impressed with their 6'8" kid who is going to Ohio, and Tibbs, a guard going to Purdue on a football scholly.

I'll be controversial and disagree. Iowa takes the ball out quickly after every made basket and makes a point of talking to the refs if the other team touches the ball. The rule clearly states the offensive team isn't supposed to touch the ball after a make. And to me Geronimo loops it to the ref to slow Iowa in transition which is exactly why it is against the rules.

In other leagues where teams run more often off makes (i.e. v North Carolina ) if this were allowed it would change the game.

Just my $0.02
So, ummm, lets call 43 tech's a game? SHit I can count at least 5-6 times where Iowa "touched the ball" after a score---Why no tech?

It was one of the Top 5 worst tech's I have ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT