ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

This is an Illinois podcast, but our 247 guys are some of the best at putting their bias aside. It’s a good discussion with an in-depth look at most of the Big Ten.

Wisconsin just had the worst off-season in the Big Ten for any team not named Minnesota.
I think you underestimate the talent we were able to add.

PG - Lu'Cye Patterson - 2nd team All-AAC

PG - Isaac Asuma - 4 star #9 pg in class

SG - Brennan Rigsby- started 13 games at Oregon last year.

SG - Tyler Cochran- 2nd team All-MAC
MAC DPotY

G/F - Femi Odukale - 3rd team All-CUSA

F/C - Frank Mitchell - 2nd team All-MAAC
Leading returning rebounder in CBB.

I think you underestimate the talent we were able to add.

PG - Lu'Cye Patterson - 2nd team All-AAC

PG - Isaac Asuma - 4 star #9 pg in class

SG - Brennan Rigsby- started 13 games at Oregon last year.

SG - Tyler Cochran- 2nd team All-MAC
MAC DPotY

G/F - Femi Odukale - 3rd team All-CUSA

F/C - Frank Mitchell - 2nd team All-MAAC
Leading returning rebounder in CBB.
No, I don’t think anything there changes my mind about what you lost vs what you brought in. Looks like a decent mid-major, but that’s not enough in the Big Ten.

No, I don’t think anything there changes my mind about what you lost vs what you brought in. Looks like a decent mid-major, but that’s not enough in the Big Ten.
Lu'Cye Patterson/Isaac Asuma
Mike Mitchell jr/Brennan Rigsby
Tyler Cochran/Femi Odukale
Dawson Garcia/Parker Fox
Frank Mitchell/Trey Edmonds

Backcourt has way more depth than this past year. Cam Christie was a damn solid freshman, but let's not over-value him. Same as Hawkins. Hawkins is an elite passer, but is terrible finishing around the rim. Patterson is a much better scorer than he was. Mitchell is a rebounding machine. Top 7 in both defensive and offensive rebounding percentage in his first D1 season last year. Not to mention we'll have one of the oldest teams in the country. Everybody except Asuma is a Senior.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Lu'Cye Patterson/Isaac Asuma
Mike Mitchell jr/Brennan Rigsby
Tyler Cochran/Femi Odukale
Dawson Garcia/Parker Fox
Frank Mitchell/Trey Edmonds

Backcourt has way more depth than this past year. Cam Christie was a damn solid freshman, but let's not over-value him. Same as Hawkins. Hawkins is an elite passer, but is terrible finishing around the rim. Patterson is a much better scorer than he was. Mitchell is a rebounding machine. Top 7 in both defensive and offensive rebounding percentage in his first D1 season last year. Not to mention we'll have one of the oldest teams in the country. Everybody except Asuma is a Senior.
Not trying to pick an argument, but I just don’t see more than a bottom half team at the best.

Reactions: Toast.
Ware earns Summer league First Team honor. Nice to see his hard work with the staff at IU and his new NBA coaches get recognized.

Interesting list. I think Painter deserves to be top 5 tbh but not a crazy top 10.

I won’t be tamed. Going on the record that Michigan will fire May and you’ll be on here saying you don’t care about basketball anyway.
Tough to win at a FB Factory but May might get it done. I have been impressed with what I have seen so far.

Unfortunate news as Jakai Newton has a new or (re) injury setback. Don't know the degree yet. Heartbreaking for such a high-level player that is an even better person. Big missing piece last season with high expectation for this season.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Unfortunate news as Jakai Newton has a new or (re) injury setback. Don't know the degree yet. Heartbreaking for such a high-level player that is an even better person. Big missing piece last season with high expectation for this season.
Newton blue capped the message so hopefully no big deal.

I probably should one of these years. Would like to get to the big tourney in Indy once in my lifetime.

ADVERTISEMENT