ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

We had the exact same record on this day last year.

Remind me again who won the conference?
You started conference 0-3 last year?

giphy.gif

We have the 2 best wins for the entire conference still.

3 games of shit isn’t the end of the world.

I know you stopped following college basketball a week or two back so you might have missed this game. Because beating UCLA in Vegas and Texas at MSG isn't better than this.

Reactions: boilerzz
I really wanted that Kansas win. Would have been like Houston last year. Although we probably lose to Tennessee the next game.

I'll be controversial and disagree. Iowa takes the ball out quickly after every made basket and makes a point of talking to the refs if the other team touches the ball. The rule clearly states the offensive team isn't supposed to touch the ball after a make. And to me Geronimo loops it to the ref to slow Iowa in transition which is exactly why it is against the rules.

In other leagues where teams run more often off makes (i.e. v North Carolina ) if this were allowed it would change the game.

Just my $0.02

1. He is passing the ball to the ref (legal) and an Iowa player is standing between him and the ref. To get the ball to the ref he lobs over the Iowa player.

2. If that is deemed a problem, then it should be a warning.

1. He is passing the ball to the ref (legal) and an Iowa player is standing between him and the ref. To get the ball to the ref he lobs over the Iowa player.

2. If that is deemed a problem, then it should be a warning.

Not legal. It's fine if you want to argue "it's done all the time and isn't called", but it is not legal.

1. Attempting to gain an advantage by interfering with the ball after a goal or by failing to immediately pass the ball to the nearest official after a whistle is blown (See Rule 10-4.1.l)

https://www.quickscores.com/downloads/ftmeadesports_20212022_NCAA_Mens_Basketball_Rulebook.pdf

NCAA trying to hammer Michigan for Harbaugh buying a kid a burger after they let coaches caught on wire tap paying players is amazing. Joke of an organization. They punish schools that will bend over and take it while letting so much other ridiculous stuff slide.

Reactions: joe for prez
Not legal. It's fine if you want to argue "it's done all the time and isn't called", but it is not legal. He clearly "interferes with the ball after a made goal".

1. Attempting to gain an advantage by interfering with the ball after a goal or by failing to immediately pass the ball to the nearest official after a whistle is blown (See Rule 10-4.1.l)

https://www.quickscores.com/downloads/ftmeadesports_20212022_NCAA_Mens_Basketball_Rulebook.pdf

What? He did immediately pass the ball to the nearest official.

And regardless, if the official had an issue with the manner in which he got the ball it should be a warning first.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
What? He did immediately pass the ball to the nearest official.

And regardless, if the official had an issue with the manner in which he got the ball it should be a warning first.

The whistle did not blow. Unless the whistle blows it is illegal to touch the ball after a made basket to gain an advantage. I agree it isn't called. I agree he should have (probably) got a warning. But the rule is clear. You cannot touch the ball after a made basket in an attempt to slow the other team down/set your defense. I cited the rule and provided a link to the rulebook. There is really no argument.

The whistle did not blow. Unless the whistle blows it is illegal to touch the ball after a made basket to gain an advantage. I agree it isn't called. I agree he should have (probably) got a warning. But the rule is clear. You cannot touch the ball after a made basket in an attempt to slow the other team down/set your defense. I cited the rule and provided a link to the rulebook. There is really no argument.

He immediately gave the ball to the official. If the official deemed he was delaying the game, the first delay of game is a warning. Not free throws.

Woodson is pissed about McCaffrey.

Indiana is going to beat our brains in at Bloomington

He immediately gave the ball to the official. If the official deemed he was delaying the game, the first delay of game is a warning. Not free throws.

You are citing delay of game which is a different rule.

Think of it like this, Michigan is playing UNC or 1990 UNLV or 1989 Loyola Marymount. You know they run after every made basket. To gain an advantage you tell your team to grab the ball after your makes and pass it to an official. That is against the rule I cited. And that is what was called by the ref last night.

And you can see in the clip how Kris Murray knew the rule and "sold it" by throwing his arms up when he was trying to gather the ball.

Last edited:
You are citing delay of game which is a different rule.

Think of it like this, Michigan is playing UNC or 1990 UNLV or 1989 Loyola Marymount. You know they run after every made basket. To gain an advantage you tell your team to grab the ball after your makes and pass it to an official. That is against the rule I cited. And that is what was called by the ref last night.

And you can see in the clip how Kris Murray knew the rule and "sold it" by throwing his arms up when he was trying to gather the ball.

It was a delay of game call, despite the player immediately giving the ball to the ref.

Awarding free throws instead of issuing a warning there is egregious.

I don't know who is more deserving of the pre-season, chest-thumping championship: Illinois or Indiana?

Skyy Clark was the 2nd coming of Deron Williams and Illinois fans were clowning on Purdue endlessly for "stealing DGL from Purdue" because Purdue was NIL "poor". 😭 Underwood ruined his entire program because he thought recruiting a bunch of sloppy 2nd mercenaries would be the way to win. LMFAOO.

Indiana on the other hand again was the pre-season favorite (for some fvcking reason). It's disgrace at this point the pre-season love Indiana gets. It's absurd. Woodson has shown that he's a complete stiff and can't coach a college team to save his life.

What are the odds Indiana and Illinois are looking for new head coaches within the next two seasons? At least 75% imo.

Yeah, I think we’re peaking in levels of hatred right now. Honestly I don’t post as much stuff about Michigan and engage in that shit on here because it’s goddamn everywhere now. I just feel like the hatred has brewed more and more personal.

I just think is the worst moment for the most hated Michigan player (who actively feeds into it himself) in years to come to Breslin.
I’m just praying there isn’t any type of incident. The toxicity and discourse has become so incredibly unbearable to me.

I honestly think I would rather have msu win by double digits and for it to be relatively uneventful than for UM to win and there to be a fight some other major incident. It’s gotten that damn bad.

Lol Ok.. maybe I’m exaggerating and/or going soft or just need to spend less time online… but it’s just regular season hoops and it’s has been particularly unbearable since the tunnel.

I don't know who is more deserving of the pre-season, chest-thumping championship: Illinois or Indiana?

Skyy Clark was the 2nd coming of Deron Williams and Illinois fans were clowning on Purdue endlessly for "stealing DGL from Purdue" because Purdue was NIL "poor". 😭 Underwood ruined his entire program because he thought recruiting a bunch of sloppy 2nd mercenaries would be the way to win. LMFAOO.

Indiana on the other hand again was the pre-season favorite (for some fvcking reason). It's disgrace at this point the pre-season love Indiana gets. It's absurd. Woodson has shown that he's a complete stiff and can't coach a college team to save his life.

What are the odds Indiana and Illinois are looking for new head coaches within the next two seasons? At least 75% imo.
Would’ve been smart of Underwood to actually recruit Kanon Catchings lol. Yikes what a miss from him.

That locker room seems pretty messed up right now.
I think we’ll know where there head is it at the next 3 games.

Vs Wisconsin, @Nebraska, vs Mich St

Win 2 of 3 and things don’t look so bad. But you gotta show up each game

Would’ve been smart of Underwood to actually recruit Kanon Catchings lol. Yikes what a miss from him.
Underwood and Illinois fans thought they could cheat the system and buy wins and ignore program-building pillars that actually matter. It was always going to be a house of cards.

• Haha
Reactions: jwardelt
ADVERTISEMENT