ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

If I read the update correctly, a dna test indicated his dna was not in the target zone.

If I understood the original charges, he was accused of restraining her and fingering her against her will.

If both of these things are true, then not finding his dna would be expected and irrelevant.

Yep. Morton has been a great teammate but not much of a contributor. I wish we had room for Gillis.

I wish them both well.

We still need one more to make room for the freshmen coming in. I won't speculate who but I candidly wouldn't mind seeing 2 transfers out so we can play in the portal with one scholly. Sucks to see such high level talent and know we don't have room for them.
Coming back to this it seems like we’re all squared away for next season and the roster is set.

If I read the update correctly, a dna test indicated his dna was not in the target zone.

If I understood the original charges, he was accused of restraining her and fingering her against her will.

If both of these things are true, then not finding his dna would be expected and irrelevant.
Idk not a legal or DNA expert and extremely biases for the best player on the best run my favorite team has had since ‘05.

BUT common sense tells me at a packed bar in 2024 someone else would’ve seen it or there would been video of it.

Idk not a legal or DNA expert and extremely biases for the best player on the best run my favorite team has had since ‘05.

BUT common sense tells me at a packed bar in 2024 someone else would’ve seen it or there would been video of it.
That will surely be explored in the trial

Reactions: RichieRebel
Coming back to this it seems like we’re all squared away for next season and the roster is set.
You have specifics? I don't really care because I trust the coaches to figure it out but it is interesting that we seem to have 14 guys on scholarship.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
go to GBI
I canceled my GBI subscription early this year when every loss was a referendum on how poor our coach was. Just so much dumb.

I’m sure Painter got a reprieve but they’ll be out again after the next loss.

Reactions: Boilermaker03

I’m confused on the bolded part. If you didn’t expect his dna on the target zone then why were all of those other dudes’ dna on the target zone?

I’m confused on the bolded part. If you didn’t expect his dna on the target zone then why were all of those other dudes’ dna on the target zone?
She was banging other dudes? Hurts her character but doesn't go against her story.

Any confusion is on you as the writing is clear. As for your point about "other dudes"...interesting but irrelevant to this case.

• Wow
Reactions: Zero Credibility
Who is the starting center for Purdue for the coming season? How tall and what approximate weight is this individual?
I think he's going to be 7'4, 300. Edey still has his COVID year and I'm putting together a pretty impressive NIL package for him.

Who is the starting center for Purdue for the coming season? How tall and what approximate weight is this individual?
The biggest questions for painter are

How do you replace the 436 FTs?
How do you replace the laughable number of opponent starters on the bench with 15 min to go in H1?
Can your back court perform with greatly escalated defensive pressure?

I always assumed:

Smith
Loyer
Catchings
TKR
Furst
Not sure if Catchings will be in the starting lineup at the beginning of the year but could see it later in the season. Furst is the real question mark tbh.

Smith
Loyer
Colvin
Heide
TKR

That’d be my guess right now.

Reactions: JRKinn
Not sure if Catchings will be in the starting lineup at the beginning of the year but could see it later in the season. Furst is the real question mark tbh.

Smith
Loyer
Colvin
Heide
TKR

Small ball

Smith
Loyer
Colvin
Heide
TKR

Be quite a bit different than years past with a dominant post guy. TKR does have some TJD similarities

Be quite a bit different than years past with a dominant post guy. TKR does have some TJD similarities
I’d love to have Furst come on strong and claim the 5 spot or even someone like Berg or the freshman Jacobsen. But I think we’ll have more speed/athleticism albeit a smaller lineup. Will be interesting to watch. I could see TKR having a really good year

iu

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

Smith
Loyer
Colvin
Heide
TKR

The defense and rebounding is gonna be a real work in progress - the backcourt isn't great at keeping guys out of the lane and Edey is gone. If you ranked our best defenders, I'd argue that we lost 4 of our top 5.

With that said, I really like the talent and Painter adjusts to personnel. Just need some guys to develop into two way players and find lineups that can hold up defensively. Like Furst should help defensively, but can he regain some semblance of confidence offensively to make that a net positive? Can Colvin take steps to be focused defensively game in, game out? Heide should play a ton, and this is an area where I could see Harris finding minutes.

I do think TKR will be pretty good next year, both as a low block scorer and doing some of the short roll kind of stuff in PNR.

I'm most intrigued by a Smith, Colvin, Heide, Catchings, TKR lineup...but the defensive question marks are real.

With all the moving pieces, it'll be interesting to see how we handle what looks to be a pretty tough non-con schedule.

Reactions: Sparty_57
The defense and rebounding is gonna be a real work in progress - the backcourt isn't great at keeping guys out of the lane and Edey is gone. If you ranked our best defenders, I'd argue that we lost 4 of our top 5.

With that said, I really like the talent and Painter adjusts to personnel. Just need some guys to develop into two way players and find lineups that can hold up defensively. Like Furst should help defensively, but can he regain some semblance of confidence offensively to make that a net positive? Can Colvin take steps to be focused defensively game in, game out? Heide should play a ton, and this is an area where I could see Harris finding minutes.

I do think TKR will be pretty good next year, both as a low block scorer and doing some of the short roll kind of stuff in PNR.

I'm most intrigued by a Smith, Colvin, Heide, Catchings, TKR lineup...but the defensive question marks are real.

With all the moving pieces, it'll be interesting to see how we handle what looks to be a pretty tough non-con schedule.
Those are all valid points/concerns. Rim protection is certainly a concern but I think we have the potential to be better defenders on the wing. Glad the non-conference is going to be another tough one too. Our overall athleticism will go up significantly next season which will be fun to see.

Those are all valid points/concerns. Rim protection is certainly a concern but I think we have the potential to be better defenders on the wing. Glad the non-conference is going to be another tough one too. Our overall athleticism will go up significantly next season which will be fun to see.
Yeah the talent and athleticism are nice on the wing. But no rim protection behind a Smith-Loyer backcourt is a concern.

Just have to find a combination that's passable defensively, as I think the offense has pieces to be pretty good. This might have some 2018-2019 vibes to it, as a post-oriented program becomes more guard-oriented over night. I don't expect to win the B1G or go to an elite 8, just stylistically. I think this team will be a 5 seed type.

Yeah the talent and athleticism are nice on the wing. But no rim protection behind a Smith-Loyer backcourt is a concern.

Just have to find a combination that's passable defensively, as I think the offense has pieces to be pretty good. This might have some 2018-2019 vibes to it, as a post-oriented program becomes more guard-oriented over night. I don't expect to win the B1G or go to an elite 8, just stylistically. I think this team will be a 5 seed type.
I think I’m most excited about Harris defensively. I think he’s a guy that can contribute on that end from day 1.

ADVERTISEMENT