ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

So are you saying there is no talent at Iowa?

For the last month all you have said is look how talented JBo and Garza and blah, blah, blah are.
no what I am saying that the state of Iowa does not Produce enough talent to build a solid team
Bohannon is from Iowa
Cook is from Mossouri
Garza is from Washington DC
Nunge is from Indiana
Ellingson is from Wisconsin
Dailey is from Ohio
Wagner is from Ohio
Moss is from Chicago
Uhl is from Germany
with these from Iowa to join with Bohannon
Kriener
Pemsl
Connor a 4* walk on
Baer a former walk on now on scholarship
Till walk on
Rose a walk on from Illinois
Ash a walk on from Iowa who is red shirting who is 6'2 but fans are excited as they feel he will be Baer 2.0 as a guard.

Fran has to go out of state to fill out his roster, Painter can fill out his roster from within Indiana just like Indiana and ND can

in the state of Iowa in the 18 class there are just 2 4* players with the #1 recruit committed to Iowa and the #2 recruit committed to UNI where his father is a coach and has been ever since Jacobson became the HC.

in the 19 class these are the 4* recruits
#1 Patrick McCaffery #30 by ESPN and #31 by Rivals
#2 Carton a PG and is rated the #51 player overall by Rivals and is NR by ESPN.
I WOULD just love it if the state of Iowa would produce more than just 1 or 2 4* players per year

in the 2020 class F Foster is a 5*by Rivals but not yet rated by ESPN, again just 1 top rated player in the state of Iowa with Fran needing a max of 6 recruits,

I'm relatively new to posting on this particular board, but have people always responded to nitewing/Gil or whatever? I understand every now and then for shits and gigs but why even bother with that guy?
try the ignore button its does wonders for posters like you,

NO this team is devoid of SENIOR LEADERSHIP, their is nobody to take charge and be the leader of this team,

Baer as much as I like what he brings is being forced to start vs where he is best suited to play and that is being the teams 6th man.

this has been my biggest concern as to where top 50 Wieskamp fits in, but it might just be this for next years starting lineup
at the 1 JR Bohannon
at the 2 RSJR Moss
at the 3 FR Weiskamp
at the 4 JR Cook
at the 5 SO Garza
4 of those are starters this year
next up
SO/RSFR Connor backup at the 1
RSSR Ellingson backup at the 2
RSSR Baer at the 3
JR Pemsl at the 4
SO Nunge at the 5
with JR Dailey being the wild card as he can play the 1-2-3
SR Wagner 3-4
JR Kriener 4-5
FR Fredrick 1-2 who I expect to see be RS'd
Connor brings the son of the coach factor and since Fran was a very good PG in college as he was named White Magic in Philadelphia for his play as a PG. these players tend to be the leaders or if you will Coaches on the floor that bring players together rather than the me 1st attitudes which seems to be the problem this season with this team.

last season Jok was the senior leader for the 6 FR to follow and lean on. Jok numbers were easily replaced. but this was biggest factor I overlooked was his SENIOR Leadership and that is what this years team is missing,
You realize no one reads this stuff right?

Purdue's scholarship players this year:

V Edwards - Ohio
Thompson - Indiana
Mathias - Ohio
C. Edwards - Texas
Haas - Alabama
Cline - Indiana
Haarms - Netherlands
Eastern - Illinois
Taylor - Massachusetts
Stefanovic (redshirt) - Indiana
Wheeler (redshirt) - Connecticut
Ewing (dismissed) - Texas

Purdue's scholarship players this year:

V Edwards - Ohio
Thompson - Indiana
Mathias - Ohio
C. Edwards - Texas
Haas - Alabama
Cline - Indiana
Haarms - Netherlands
Eastern - Illinois
Taylor - Massachusetts
Stefanovic (redshirt) - Indiana
Wheeler (redshirt) - Connecticut
Ewing (dismissed) - Texas

@nitewing explain Boilerzz facts it surely doesn’t back your logic

Wow this game is surprising

You’d love it, I would think a lot of Purdue guys would be boycotting
is that why Nunge came to Iowa from Indiana? even 247 LISTS Jackson-Davis as warm to Iowa now wouldn't that suck if he should end up choosing Iowa?

although Fran has been recruiting 5* PF Robinson-Earle pretty regularly

Nebraska is shooting out of their arses shooting 60% from the field does that Michigan is a terrible defensive team or does it just mean that Nebraska just can't miss on a night when they are hot?

Reactions: Frost4NU
Michigan doesn't look like the same team right now. Something tells me they'll end up with more than the 42 points they are currently on pace for though.

Reactions: Frost4NU
We are playing lights out on both sides currently. Roby Copeland and Taylor all playing extremely well, nice to see people stepping up when our top 2 scorers (Palmer, Watson) being held in check

Reactions: KisteK
looking at the talent in Indiana since
2 5* and 2 4* players
1 5* and 6 4* players
1 5* and 2 4* players
3 5* and 3 4* players
1 5* and 6 4* players
all by ESPN ranking

in that same period Iowa has had ZERO 5* players and 4 4* players 2 alone in the 2018 class
Wieskamp Iowa commit
Greene UNI commit
now you know why Fran is handicapped in recruiting and needs to go out of state to get his recruits.

its not my fault that Painter can't capitalize on the instate talent in Indiana,

Or maybe just a Nebraska coming out party? But really michigan is not shooting well at all
Oh don't get me wrong, Nebraska is playing like they really want it, even beyond our bad shooting the team just looks like they don't give an f tonight. I mean 2 combined periods adding up to 16 minutes in which we only have 2 FG's, that's just embarrassing.

Or maybe just a Nebraska coming out party? But really michigan is not shooting well at all
Kinda like Rutgers coming out party vs Iowa.
after all they did beat #15 Seton Hall
and lost to MSU in OT 76-72

OH WAIT can't mention that now can we.

Huskers and Hoosiers to battle it out for 5th place? If both go on a run from here to the end (IU probably has a smaller margin for error) the B1G coild possibly sneak 6 into the dance.

ADVERTISEMENT