ADVERTISEMENT

The Bruce Pearl effect...

if they got beaten off
7FW9.gif

Meh TBD for sure
He has zero coaching experience, y'all already saw what happens when you hire a coach with no experience. Stephen Pearl would be Tony Barbee 2.0.
BP has turned Auburn into a better program than some start up mid major.

It's not over the BBQ, that would have only been a minor infraction. It is about lying about said BBQ to the NCAA. So, it not about BBQ and it is about lying to the NCAA.
I thought he also told Craft’s dad to lie. That probably had something to do with it too.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I thought he also told Craft’s dad to lie. That probably had something to do with it too.
I believe he also snitched. Someone at Illinois, maybe Bruce Weber?
I like BP, but that was pretty classless.
The lying was stupid, but shouldn't have resulted in a show cause. The NCAA is just stupid.

Yeah, he did, but the point was he is a liar. Pearl is a great coach, but he has issues. I doubt he could ever be named a HOF coach based on some of these issues.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I believe he also snitched. Someone at Illinois, maybe Bruce Weber?
I like BP, but that was pretty classless.
The lying was stupid, but shouldn't have resulted in a show cause. The NCAA is just stupid.
I don’t think it was just the lie. If I’m remembering correctly, he threatened Craft’s dad that if he told the truth then Craft would be ineligible.

I sort of get it as trying to create a deterrent to lying to them as being punished more harshly. The cover up was substantially worse than the crime.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I don’t think it was just the lie. If I’m remembering correctly, he threatened Craft’s dad that if he told the truth then Craft would be ineligible.

I sort of get it as trying to create a deterrent to lying to them as being punished more harshly. The cover up was substantially worse than the crime.
Yeah, would've just been a slap on the wrist had he just admitted wrongdoing. Going to extremes to cover it up is what did him in. What a clown.

ADVERTISEMENT