ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Middle of the year I thought Purdue was a surefire final four team, then we beat them. They just faded a bit down the stretch. Haas injury was final nail in the coffin.
Not at all an excuse, but I do wonder about the fatigue factor. Practicing in full since June and playing games since July probably had a little effect.

Also think there were a few poor performances mixed in that 19-game winning streak that were sort of glossed over because it was in the midst of that streak. But unfortunately, Purdue seemed like a team that played its best basketball in the middle of January.

Still was a really fun season, but one that yet again came up short of the final weekend in March.

Not at all an excuse, but I do wonder about the fatigue factor. Practicing in full since June and playing games since July probably had a little effect.

Also think there were a few poor performances mixed in that 19-game winning streak that were sort of glossed over because it was in the midst of that streak. But unfortunately, Purdue seemed like a team that played its best basketball in the middle of January.

Still was a really fun season, but one that yet again came up short of the final weekend in March.

Our 2014 final four team played a summer tour that year. We had our shit stretch in January though, not end of the year. Final four is all about timing. Have to be playing your best at the right time or get incredibly lucky and play no one. I wouldn't count on that though.

They played their last game August 30th and first practice wasn't until September 29th. Plenty of rest time there.

The B1G was pretty dreadful and probably covered up a couple of potential losses. Regardless, Purdue was a damn good team and unfortunately the injury bug got them at a bad time. I do not know if they were going to beat that Nova team to get to a final four, but would have had a good chance if they were clicking like they had shown earlier in the season.

Reactions: WheelerG
They played their last game August 30th and first practice wasn't until September 29th. Plenty of rest time there.

The B1G was pretty dreadful and probably covered up a couple of potential losses. Regardless, Purdue was a damn good team and unfortunately the injury bug got them at a bad time. I do not know if they were going to beat that Nova team to get to a final four, but would have had a good chance if they were clicking like they had shown earlier in the season.
I agree with this here. Purdue was a good team. The B10 was pretty bad and masked some of the issues with Purdue. One of the things I think benefited Purdue was the senior leadership. The experience in big games got them over the hump on numerous occasions. Either way, good season for Purdue. Maybe not as good as they wanted, but it was a good one.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
ADVERTISEMENT