ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

I will not get sucked in by the unintentional troll. I will not get sucked in by the unintentional troll. I will not get sucked in by the unintentional troll...

Reactions: WheelerG
looking at the talent in Indiana since
2 5* and 2 4* players
1 5* and 6 4* players
1 5* and 2 4* players
3 5* and 3 4* players
1 5* and 6 4* players
all by ESPN ranking

in that same period Iowa has had ZERO 5* players and 4 4* players 2 alone in the 2018 class
Wieskamp Iowa commit
Greene UNI commit
now you know why Fran is handicapped in recruiting and needs to go out of state to get his recruits.

its not my fault that Painter can't capitalize on the instate talent in Indiana,
Ever heard of ESPN?

We were beating OSU by 20 in the game that we inexplicably lost. I'm amazed by their turnaround, but still not entirely convinced that they'll be able to keep up this pace with their talent level now. Holtmann will have them as a perennial top 15 program at minimum if he continues coaching like this

What does losing by 20 to Nebraska mean?

Jeebus, we fvckin suck this year and kept it closer than that playing 3 walk ons.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
I'm relatively new to posting on this particular board, but have people always responded to nitewing/Gil or whatever? I understand every now and then for shits and gigs but why even bother with that guy?

Embrace it. Enjoy it.

Michigan last week nearly sweeps Purdue and Michigan St.

Michigan this week nearly loses to Maryland and Nebraska.

is this a cruel joke

Welcome to college basketball every single season for every single team. The road conference gane strikes again.

What does losing by 20 to Nebraska mean?

Jeebus, we fvckin suck this year and kept it closer than that playing 3 walk ons.

Same thing it meant for Oklahoma to lose by 17 to KSU...in the grand scheme it means nothing. Probably takes out us of the running for winning the league and gives coach beilein some things to work on immediately. I’m not excusing the poor performance, but anyone that watches college basketball knows that losses like this happen

Reactions: KisteK
Same thing it meant for Oklahoma to lose by 17 to KSU...in the grand scheme it means nothing. Probably takes out us of the running for winning the league and gives coach beilein some things to work on immediately. I’m not excusing the poor performance, but anyone that watches college basketball knows that losses like this happen

The year Michigan went to the championship game, they lost to 161st ranked KenPom Penn State on the road. They also lost 2 very close games to 3rd ranked Indiana (similar to a one point loss to KenPom #2 Purdue this season).

That Trey Burke team actually went 3-5 on the road in conference.

Road conference games are a bitch. Getting wins in them, even against bad teams, should never be taken for granted.

Reactions: KisteK and BANGBRO
The year Michigan went to the championship game, they lost to 161st ranked KenPom Penn State on the road. They also lost 2 very close games to 3rd ranked Indiana (similar to a one point loss to KenPom #2 Purdue this season).

That Trey Burke team actually went 3-5 on the road in conference.

Road conference games are a bitch. Getting wins in them, even against bad teams, should never be taken for granted.
Yeah but they aren’t nearly as good this year

Don’t think anybody would disagree with you there. We’ve exceeded my expectations this year. Next year and 2020 are the years that I expect us to be elite

Don’t think anybody would disagree with you there. We’ve exceeded my expectations this year. Next year and 2020 are the years that I expect us to be elite

It’s always next year. Until an injury happens, a recruit doesn’t pan out, a last second loss in a big game. Next year, next year, next year.

I assume this guy is a UM fan? Next year he says. Two years from now. But just wait for 2020 and beyond!

Reactions: jadeezra
I expect Illinois to get their first conference win tonight, but I expected them to beat Iowa and Nebraska too. Guess we'll see if I'm embarrassed 3 games in a row.

Reactions: jadeezra
Nebraska is shooting out of their arses shooting 60% from the field does that Michigan is a terrible defensive team or does it just mean that Nebraska just can't miss on a night when they are hot?

Iowa has given up at least 75 points a game in ALL of its 7 B1G games. Iowa is 1-6. No other team is near that defensive stat. Iowa is a terrible defensive team, and has not improved as the season progresses. Michigan ran into a tough Nebraska shooting night while UM is on the road. It happens. Iowa though, it happens EVERY game. That exemplifies why Iowa is the worst defensive team in the B1G, by far.

looking at the talent in Indiana since
2 5* and 2 4* players
1 5* and 6 4* players
1 5* and 2 4* players
3 5* and 3 4* players
1 5* and 6 4* players
all by ESPN ranking

in that same period Iowa has had ZERO 5* players and 4 4* players 2 alone in the 2018 class
Wieskamp Iowa commit
Greene UNI commit
now you know why Fran is handicapped in recruiting and needs to go out of state to get his recruits.

its not my fault that Painter can't capitalize on the instate talent in Indiana,

Why do Iowa kids suck at bball? With over 3 milllion population, why not a couple studs every year? Iowa does not have to compete with any instate school other than a lame Iowa State. There are no states to the west of Iowa to compete with. I guess Kansas and Nebraska would be competition for area kids. Kansas not so much as they recruit nationally.

Indiana competes with Purdue and Notre Dame instate. In addition, Indiana is surrounded by UM, MSU, UK, OSU as upper tier Power 5 schools recruiting Indiana hard.

Kinda like Rutgers coming out party vs Iowa.
after all they did beat #15 Seton Hall
and lost to MSU in OT 76-72

OH WAIT can't mention that now can we.

I really doubt that Rutgers views its win at home over the overwhelmingly worst defensive team in the B1G, 1-6 Iowa, as its coming out party. The way Iowa plays though, I would think that they would be having a "coming out" party soon. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

lol..Izzos been saying next year for damn near 20 years ***git. KYS

Wow, a bigoted slur and tells me to commit suicide.

Great board we have here. Can a mod take out the trash? Not only is his comment offensive but is void of any rational thought and intelligence.

I like to picture him drinking Faygo and eating funyuns while posting from his mom’s basement.

Iowa has given up at least 75 points a game in ALL of its 7 B1G games. Iowa is 1-6. No other team is near that defensive stat. Iowa is a terrible defensive team, and has not improved as the season progresses. Michigan ran into a tough Nebraska shooting night while UM is on the road. It happens. Iowa though, it happens EVERY game. That exemplifies why Iowa is the worst defensive team in the B1G, by far.
Iowa losses
Neutral site Luisiana
Neutral site SDSU
@VT ACC/BT Challenge
@Indiana
@ ISU B12
@ Maryland
@Rutgers who snapped their winless streak against Iowa both in conference play on and off their home court.
Home to 7-0 16-4 OSU
Home to Michigan which is beginning to look like a bad loss
Home to PSU who snapped a losing streak in Carver that dates back to 2001

but hey why let facts get in the way, HYPOCRITES giving other teams a pass when they lose on the road and condemn Iowa when they lost to ANYBODY.
everybody gets a pass for losing on the road except Iowa.

who predicted Iowa to be 20-0 and leading the conference and ranked #1 in D1? NOT ME

I really doubt that Rutgers views its win at home over the overwhelmingly worst defensive team in the B1G, 1-6 Iowa, as its coming out party. The way Iowa plays though, I would think that they would be having a "coming out" party soon. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

lol..Izzos been saying next year for damn near 20 years ***git. KYS
some really high brow humor here.

It’s always next year. Until an injury happens, a recruit doesn’t pan out, a last second loss in a big game. Next year, next year, next year.

I assume this guy is a UM fan? Next year he says. Two years from now. But just wait for 2020 and beyond!

Imagine if DJ Wilson had decided to forego millions like Miles Bridges did and came back for another year.

Its not always easy to project when Belein turns a LaVert, Stauskas, Trey Burke, DJ Wilson type into a first round pick when youre expecting them to stay for 4 when they first commit.

Great board we have here. Can a mod take out the trash? Not only is his comment offensive but is void of any rational thought and intelligence.

I like to picture him drinking Faygo and eating funyuns while posting from his mom’s basement.

Well at least Izzo has been to a few final 4s. Last I checked after championships that’s the next measure. Not defending , as the comments were funny as shit lol

Wow just looked at Nebraska's next 4 games. They have two different stretches where they play 2 games in a 3 day span.

Youre right, they arent. But theyre also playing a bunch of young players big minutes so Id imagine theyll continue the upward projectory theyve been on the past couple weeks.

This is Belein we are talking about afterall.

yeah and a bunch of HYPOCRITES on here as well.

giphy.gif

Youre right, they arent. But theyre also playing a bunch of young players big minutes so Id imagine theyll continue the upward projectory theyve been on the past couple weeks.

This is Belein we are talking about afterall.
so Belien now gets a pass because of his young players and yet Fran is damned for not winning with the 2nd youngest team in the BT and 16th youngest out of 351 D1 team.

again nothing but HYPOCRITES damning Fran for not winning

Main board jargon. SOP over there. He may be confused.

Family photo?

juggalo_family_final.jpg

some really high brow humor here.

my bad...MB came out of me a little bit there. I felt like dude was trying to flame, so I couldnt help myself. I forgot that we dont get down like that on this side

But seriously, trying to act like Michigan is making excuses and calling for next year in a year where we werent expected to do shit is asinine. This was supposed to be his teams year and they've underwhelmed (albeit slightly).

Sparty fans thoughts on tonight? I see a big win for you sadly to say.

I hope so. I’d like to see better ball movement, guys moving better without the ball, better shot selection, and the most important problem, perimeter defense.

We need to improve in those areas. The talent is there but it’s time to execute and I don’t want to see Ward throwing temper tantrums because someone touched him in the post. Play through contact and stop being a whiner.

Also, I want to see Izzo let some guys play through mistakes but I doubt that. I haven’t seen that in the last 20 years so I doubt he changes now. But it would be nice.

ADVERTISEMENT