ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Anyone interested in a week long avatar bet?

I'll take Northwestern +3.0 tonight, you can have Ohio State -3.0

All this gambling talk has my endorphins flowing like the mystic river and I need to scratch the itch without gambling actual money.

542692.jpg

Far and away the worst conference game Ive seen OSU play but a wins a win.

If you would have told me prior to the season that on 1/17, Osu would play their worst B10 game of the season @ Northwestern and still won and moved to 7-0, I would have never believed it and I figured Osu would be much better this year with Diop

Reactions: stakesarehigh
Well Northridge is like the 10th worst team according to KenPom. I figured 6.5 points was an easy cover. Jokes on fvcking me.

Haha it happens. Good thing I loaded up on OSU because Nevada is looking like garbage against a 3-13 team as well

According to KenPom, Ohio State now has a 69% or better probability in every game the rest of the season except @ Purdue and @ Michigan.

I see a protected NCAA seed in your future.

Collins loves that dumb play where McIntosh comes off a ball screen and just dives for the baseline with only one play to skip it across to the backside corner.

You have a four-year starting point guard - maybe trust him to make a read or two on a play in crunch-time.

Collins is so overrated.

Its funny - I was just thinking the opposite on both accounts while watching this game. Couldnt believe how smart it was of Collins to recognize his team is a bunch of trash individual defenders and create a matchup zone in the middle of the season and implement it improving their defense. Seems like a lot of times coaches are stubborn and wont switch up when its necessary.

Then the more I watch Mcintosh, the more I realize just how low a basketball IQ he has. He takes a bunch of bad shots, inevitably one goes in after a couple of misses and this seems to encourage him to keep taking dumb shots.

Probably explains why his Ortg in conference games is sub 95(yikes).

According to KenPom, Ohio State now has a 69% or better probability in every game the rest of the season except @ Purdue and @ Michigan.

I see a protected NCAA seed in your future.

Of course, Purdue now has an 83% or better probability of winning every game the rest of the season except @ MSU.

Man, the Big Ten is bad.

If you would have told me prior to the season that on 1/17, Osu would play their worst B10 game of the season @ Northwestern and still won and moved to 7-0, I would have never believed it and I figured Osu would be much better this year with Diop

Yeah its not a knock on Ohio State, just impressive they could play so lackluster and still come away with a road victory that they essentially had control of the entire 2nd half until a very kate run to get it within 3.

Its funny - I was just thinking the opposite on both accounts while watching this game. Couldnt believe how smart it was of Collins to recognize his team is a bunch of trash individual defenders and create a matchup zone in the middle of the season and implement it improving their defense. Seems like a lot of times coaches are stubborn and wont switch up when its necessary.

Then the more I watch Mcintosh, the more I realize just how low a basketball IQ he has. He takes a bunch of bad shots, inevitably one goes in after a couple of misses and this seems to encourage him to keep taking dumb shots.

Probably explains why his Ortg in conference games is sub 95(yikes).
He's the same player he's been for his entire career at Northwestern - high assist rate and high volume shooter who is pretty inefficient at all three levels, but is a good enough free throw shooter and gets to the line enough to put up solid counting stats.

He's the same player he's been for his entire career at Northwestern - high assist rate and high volume shooter who is pretty inefficient at all three levels, but is a good enough free throw shooter and gets to the line enough to put up solid counting stats.

I was thinking the same thing. He hasn’t gotten any better his whole career. After his freshman year I figured he’d be the best guard in the b10 his senior year. Nope

I was thinking the same thing. He hasn’t gotten any better his whole career. After his freshman year I figured he’d be the best guard in the b10 his senior year. Nope

If you want to see something really ugly, go look up his advanced stats. Been a net negative for almost his entire career despite being universally regarded as an all conference level player.

Cant believe Ive never looked him up before. He could serve as the poster child for advanced stats when you consider the gap between perception and reality.

If you want to see something really ugly, go look up his advanced stats. Been a net negative for almost his entire career despite being universally regarded as an all conference level player.

Cant believe Ive never looked him up before. He could serve as the poster child for advanced stats when you consider the gap between perception and reality.

I’ve always thought that that some of those stats can be skewed but man that’s a lot of proof.

Yeah its not a knock on Ohio State, just impressive they could play so lackluster and still come away with a road victory that they essentially had control of the entire 2nd half until a very kate run to get it within 3.

Like I said last night if you watch the last five minutes they were just burning clock to leave with a win. Up to that point they played ok....credit to NW playing good team D.

SEC is very tough to bet on, and has been for many years now. Too much parity and teams you can’t trust. Florida at home has been good to me recently, but even they can crap out on a dime
Agreed but I didn't think Alabama had a chance without Sexton.

If Nebraska pulls off the upset tonight, they will probably start getting some tournament buzz.

Conference now has 4 top 20 KenPom teams which is tied for first in the nation.

Purdue 2
Msu 6
OSU 12
Michigan 18

We may only get 5 teams in, but 4 will be legit final four threats.

It's too bad Maryland got hit with injuries and the Coffey injury for Minny.... obviously Lynch can suck it tho.

But anywho......those were two pretty legit tourney teams before all that. Would've knocked some of the other four seeds down however I'm sure.

If Nebraska pulls off the upset tonight, they will probably start getting some tournament buzz.

Purdue 2
Msu 6
OSU 12
Michigan 18

I only see 3.

Purdue 2
Msu 6
OSU 12
Michigan 18

If they can find a way to split their next two, they definitely have the schedule to pile up some conference wins in the last six weeks.

I have been convinced of something via twitter. Here it is: I will give Fran until the Bohannon/Cook class graduates to make the tournament. If they graduate and he hasn't made the tournament, I will jump back on the Fire Fran bandwagon. For now, though, I am off

Reactions: KisteK
I have been convinced of something via twitter. Here it is: I will give Fran until the Bohannon/Cook class graduates to make the tournament. If they graduate and he hasn't made the tournament, I will jump back on the Fire Fran bandwagon. For now, though, I am off
Honestly, I think he should be given the chance to see that class through to the end. If they somehow miss the tournament all four years at Iowa, then it's probably time to part ways.

Only see 2 with legitimate chances. UM and OSU are a bit of a long shot to make final 4.

I'd agree with this also. I'm closer to 2 than 3 in reality. I see OSU and UM with Sweet 16/EE ceilings.

ADVERTISEMENT