ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

CO ,HAWK if you are talking to me you're right I shouldn't have brought his wife into it. But I simply was just stating what I read on a Purdue board that Romeo Langford wouldn't start for Purdue next year. I thought it was pretty funny that somebody could say the number four player in the nation wouldn't start for Purdue. He is the one who attacked me first about my grammar and making fun of somebody. I was raised where you don't make fun of anybody cuz it's not right no matter what but I guess some people was raised different. But I apologize to you if it offended you. But I will say this though you need to get on him too for making fun of people.

Will you admit you’re not a Purdue fan?

Yes I said it ! Langford may be the greatest guard in this high school class! But if he came to Purdue next year, he's not going to take away any minutes from Edwards! And Edwards will be our alpha dog not Langford! Is Langford a pg? If not Eastern will see a lot of minutes at PG. so Langford would hope Painter continues to play a 3 guard offense and he'd share time with Cline And Hunter!

And for those who followed the recruitment of Langford, he kind of lost total interest in Purdue while playing on that university team with Edwards. Was he just using Painter in order to get selected for the team? Was he ever interested?

Being an elite player is not a guarantee for being a starter. But it remains a factor in school selection! Why did Biggie choose Purdue?
No one fu*cking cares you moronic idiot.

Yes I said it !

So, you go from , "I read it on a Purdue site", to you posted it...

choofed.gif

Reactions: KisteK
And if you do here's a joke for you. There's somebody on the Purdue board saying that Romeo Langford would have a hard time starting for Purdue next year if he went to Purdue. Yeah you heard me that's funny isn't it. He also quoted that the reason why top 50 players don't come to Purdue because they want more than 15 minutes playing time. I'm a big time Purdue fan but when I hear s*** like that come out of Purdue fans mouth I wonder why I'm a Purdue fan.
Yep, the idiot joined yesterday and is starting this sht. We also all know that our respective free board are complete shtholes.

Gilligan is not hawkitt or celtichawk.

That's right, Gil is no Hawkit..
Hawkit is the sole reason I started watching more b1gball.

I never predicted a undefeated season for this season, now either you post the post where I supposedly posted this or STFU.

He never said ... now you either post the post where he supposedly posted this or STFU.

I sometimes hate playing catch up..
I would've loved to play, too... damnit.

Long way to go, but some Indiana buzz after he made the visit for the Northwestern game without the parents and some other adults in his life. He will probably make a Vandy game at some point and everyone will choose Vandy again. Kansas fell back some when Self was supposed to go visit but had to cancel and send an assistant.

Still a long way to go. Still think all of the teams have a legit shot of landing him

Seems once Self landed Grimes, the talk of Langford slowed. Even with Billy P leaving for directional Europe, I believe KU has no open schollies.. doesn't mean they wouldn't make room, but .. you know.

I think he's either IU or Vandy's.

Osu/Nebraska looking flat as hell.
Maybe she's just a late - bloomer..

Reactions: bMORE607
Any Kendall updates for me?

The Wolfpack and Kendall have been pretty solid since the San Fran loss.

He shoots tons of threes, so that part of his game hasn’t changed. He provides a big boost with his 3 point shooting. His percentage is around 45%.

I have been impressed with his defense, though he doesn’t produce a ton of stats. I’d be interested to see his deflections though.

He fits in well with this team and has been a dead eye shooter. The Martin twins pretty much do whatever they damn well please. Lunardi has them as a sixth seed which I feel is a bit too high, but I sure as shit would not want to see them in the first or second rounds of the tournament.

The atmosphere inside of Lawlor has been great and have been averaging around 9-10 thousand fans most nights. It’s the only basketball around minus the Big Horns, so I am glad I have been able to go to as many of the conference games I can. No one gives a shit about high school ball around here so that obviously has been a big change.

CO ,HAWK if you are talking to me you're right I shouldn't have brought his wife into it. But I simply was just stating what I read on a Purdue board that Romeo Langford wouldn't start for Purdue next year. I thought it was pretty funny that somebody could say the number four player in the nation wouldn't start for Purdue. He is the one who attacked me first about my grammar and making fun of somebody. I was raised where you don't make fun of anybody cuz it's not right no matter what but I guess some people was raised different. But I apologize to you if it offended you. But I will say this though you need to get on him too for making fun of people.
Nope, talking about Hawkeyefan posting twitter updates after the game was over.

I think Iowa elevates into the B1G title discussion with this win.
nope just one step forward, as they played as a team and not a bunch of Matadors on defense. one win does not change my opinion that this team is still growing the chemistry to win consistently.

last night game showed how valuable Pemsl is, when Cook left the game after twisting his ankle, Pemsl had these for stats
11 points, 7 rebounds [6 defensive] 1 assist and 1 block.
Moss as a starter keeps having a game where he shows up and at other times disappears. he needs more games like the one had against Wisconsin
15 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals.
Garza keeps getting better with each game and does not need to score in the mid 20's as all he needs is to do this going forward
17 points, 16 rebounds, [8-9 rebounds] at 6'11 is not that unreasonable since he is the tallest starter.
each player is finding a role and is filling in accordingly.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
nope just one step forward, as they played as a team and not a bunch of Matadors on defense. one win does not change my opinion that this team is still growing the chemistry to win consistently.

last night game showed how valuable Pemsl is, when Cook left the game after twisting his ankle, Pemsl had these for stats
11 points, 7 rebounds [6 defensive] 1 assist and 1 block.
Moss as a starter keeps having a game where he shows up and at other times disappears. he needs more games like the one had against Wisconsin
15 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals.
Garza keeps getting better with each game and does not need to score in the mid 20's as all he needs is to do this going forward
17 points, 16 rebounds, [8-9 rebounds] at 6'11 is not that unreasonable since he is the tallest starter.
each player is finding a role and is filling in accordingly.
Dakich pointed this out last night and he is spot on. He said if everyone played with the same intensity emotion and will to win as Garza, we would probably be much better than we are right now

Kriener and Ellingson are both out with concusions, this is the 2nd for Kriener in the last 3 weeks, another and it might be the end of his career.
so yeah elbows and blows to the head are a serious problem.

Worried about this Illinois game. They're obviously desperate, not as bad as their record shows, IU coming off a good win with Purdue game looming this weekend. Has trap written all over it.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
Kriener and Ellingson are both out with concusions, this is the 2nd for Kriener in the last 3 weeks, another and it might be the end of his career.
so yeah elbows and blows to the head are a serious problem.

Neither of them are any good.

Neither of them are any good.
in your opinion only as both serve a role on this team and plays accordingly. not every team goes 13 deep with 4 and 5* players. teams still need role players.
something you wouldn't understand with you constant trashing of Iowa players.

and from the looks of it if Kriener career was ended you would dance with joy.

in your opinion only as both serve a role on this team and plays accordingly. not every team goes 13 deep with 4 and 5* players. teams still need role players.
something you wouldn't understand with you constant trashing of Iowa players.

and from the looks of it if Kriener career was ended you would dance with joy.

Wouldn’t dance for joy. Just saying that neither of them are big losses. If it was Cook and Bohannon, absolutely.

Worried about this Illinois game. They're obviously desperate, not as bad as their record shows, IU coming off a good win with Purdue game looming this weekend. Has trap written all over it.

Is it a trap game when you are a dog though?

It would be in your best interest to stop reading the free boards of other teams. It helps. Shit I barely poke my head on Indiana's free boards.

Agree with this. I used to stop by Peegs once every few months but found absolutely nothing of value. I don't think I'd been there in over a year prior to clicking on that link.

Reactions: klize17
It would be in your best interest to stop reading the free boards of other teams. It helps. Shit I barely poke my head on Indiana's free boards.

Hell, Ive recently become a paid member for Purdue for info on a very specific recruit and occasionally Ill peruse their paid board for info on other Purdue recruits and I saw a yhread the other day titled "Ethan Happ is overrated." So, its not just free boards either.

Wouldn’t dance for joy. Just saying that neither of them are big losses. If it was Cook and Bohannon, absolutely.
Kriener is just a SO. and has these for stats
19 games, 10.8 mpg, 3.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg
these are his totals in the important catagories
41 rebounds, 23 assists, 16 TO's, 10 steals and 7 blocks, shooting 51.9% from the field I wouldn't call that a bad player for just A SO.

in limited minutes those are pretty good for a player you say would not be a big loss
Ellingson stats
27 assists 13 TO's and 7 steals shooting 41.2% from the field and 39.5% from 3. which makes him the 3rd best 3 point shooter on the team to come off the bench,

you sure have a warped sense what determines them to be losses or not. plus he is the only backup to Moss. so yes he would be a big loss to this years team.

Trap for players. Vegas knows

You're right I would hope though this particular IU team wouldn't take anything for granted after some of the debacles this season. They are young adults though.

Need RoJo to keep up his shooting and hopefully not too many unforced turnovers from the guards.

Hell, Ive recently become a paid member for Purdue for info on a very specific recruit and occasionally Ill peruse their paid board for info on other Purdue recruits and I saw a yhread the other day titled "Ethan Happ is overrated." So, its not just free boards either.
Happ is a good player but has Dadick said in last nights game he gets frustrated to easily and is not that good a defender.

ADVERTISEMENT