ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Agree with this. I used to stop by Peegs once every few months but found absolutely nothing of value. I don't think I'd been there in over a year prior to clicking on that link.

Its literally the same shit on both IU Purdue boards all the time. It never changes.

Reactions: pig1960
You're right I would hope though this particular IU team wouldn't take anything for granted after some of the debacles this season. They are young adults though.

Need RoJo to keep up his shooting and hopefully not too many unforced turnovers from the guards.

A win to me would mean more than just beating Illinois on the road. Would mean Archie is continuing to get through to the players.

Reactions: klize17
Happ is a good player but has Dadick said in last nights game he gets frustrated to easily and is not that good a defender.

You wouldn't know what good defense is if it poked you in the eye.

Happ is not a great defender.

For his career, Ethan Happ is better on defense than he is on offense, based on @Mgkcbb favorite stat BPM.
Defensive BPM is an incredibly flawed metric that rewards players for playing out of position to get steals and blocks rather than playing sound team defense. No wonder it likes Happ so much.

Defensive BPM is an incredibly flawed metric that rewards players for playing out of position to get steals and blocks rather than playing sound team defense. No wonder it likes Happ so much.

I mean I agree that its flawed, but not that flawed. Happ is not that bad as defender.

I mean I agree that its flawed, but not that flawed. Happ is not that bad as defender.
He's certainly got quick hands (that's what she said) but he takes a lot of chances and leaves himself out of position frequently. Not sure if last night was an anomoly or not but he was getting very frustrated and allowed it to effect his effort level last night as well.

Reactions: KisteK
You guys played the same opponents with us.... except a few we played the healthy version, and you played their handicapped brother.

We would be at least 2-3 in the games listed above.

Not to mention getting NW at home.
Lol...Minny was the only game . And we were w/o Davis. Yep we got NW at home. Won by 20. You got spanked at NW. Not much of a difference. IU and Illinois schedules are similar. Only difference:
We are 5-3. You are 0-8.

He's certainly got quick hands (that's what she said) but he takes a lot of chances and leaves himself out of position frequently. Not sure if last night was an anomoly or not but he was getting very frustrated and allowed it to effect his effort level last night as well.

He definitely looked frustrated last night, but that could also be because Wisconsin is not that good.

Lol...Minny was the only game . And we were w/o Davis. Yep we got NW at home. Won by 20. You got spanked at NW. Not much of a difference. IU and Illinois schedules are similar. Only difference:
We are 5-3. You are 0-8.

The Maryland games are different. Justin Jackson was playing, albeit not healthy, against Illinois.

He definitely looked frustrated last night, but that could also be because Wisconsin is not that good.

The Maryland games are different. Justin Jackson was playing, albeit not healthy, against Illinois.

Was Maryland pretty close to fully healthy when they played Purdue?

IU also lost their starting center. Injuries happen.

Reactions: Da_Bull
CO ,HAWK if you are talking to me you're right I shouldn't have brought his wife into it. But I simply was just stating what I read on a Purdue board that Romeo Langford wouldn't start for Purdue next year. I thought it was pretty funny that somebody could say the number four player in the nation wouldn't start for Purdue. He is the one who attacked me first about my grammar and making fun of somebody. I was raised where you don't make fun of anybody cuz it's not right no matter what but I guess some people was raised different. But I apologize to you if it offended you. But I will say this though you need to get on him too for making fun of people.
Since he isn’t going to Purdue, he wouldn’t start.

When he is at Vanderbilt for one flipping season who will care?

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
I hope MSU’s AD, President, and that Ferguson dbag on their board of trustees are all fired. And Klages should be in jail too.

Happ was a great+ defender his first two seasons. Actually, he was elite. He has not been as good this season.

This season, he appears to be doing the "Ill concede better looks opposed to contesting so long as I dont get in foul trouble since my team completely falls apart without me" defense that Trae Young plays alot as well.

IU also lost their starting center. Injuries happen.

Thats not what i was saying. You guys are comparing Illinois’ and Indiana's schedule and all i said was you cant look at the Maryland game as a apples to apples comparison. Maryland was healthier then they were against Indiana.

Thats not what i was saying. You guys are comparing Illinois’ and Indiana's schedule and all i said was you cant look at the Maryland game as a apples to apples comparison. Maryland was healthier then they were against Indiana.

and Illinois was "healthier" than Indiana was because IU lost their starting center. It was a stupid comparison Jay tried to make because Illinois is in the dumpster. Has IU played some teams at the right time? Sure, but IU also has been down a starter since before the Minnesota game.

Reactions: bMORE607
The one exceptionis Rupp Rafters. Theyre a whole new level of lol.

You ain't kiddin. The melt since Zion choose Duke and the home loss to Florida is too fun not to look at. I haven't been to Rafters in awhile and it did not disappoint.

Reactions: bMORE607
I hope MSU’s AD, President, and that Ferguson dbag on their board of trustees are all fired. And Klages should be in jail too.

There is an ongoing investigation by the AG’s office. There will be more blood to feast on soon enough. Have patience my friend.

It’s not looking good for Simon. I think she’s on borrowed time as she should be. As for Hollis, things are looking a bit better for him but not much better.

For now the sentencing of Nassar will have to suffice. Where he’s going he’ll need protection or else Bubba and Co are going to take him to pound town and that’s if he survives. I hope he enjoys his “intra pelvic” back pain operations that await.

Reactions: KisteK
There is an ongoing investigation by the AG’s office. There will be more blood to feast on soon enough. Have patience my friend.

It’s not looking good for Simon. I think she’s on borrowed time as she should be. As for Hollis, things are looking a bit better for him but not much better.

For now the sentencing of Nassar will have to suffice. Where he’s going he’ll need protection or else Bubba and Co are going to take him to pound town and that’s if he survives. I hope he enjoys his “intra pelvic” back pain operations that await.
The NCAA has issued a LOI to MSU as well. The administration looks and acts completely disconnected from reality. Izzo throws his full support to the President. If I was an MSU grad I would be severely disappointed.

I honestly hope so too... they've completely botched how everything should've been handled.

Izzo's quote after the Indiana game was about as bad as you could get. Not a good look for the highest paid employee. He is going to get the questions, so he needs to have a better response prepared going forward.

The NCAA has issued a LOI to MSU as well. The administration looks and acts completely disconnected from reality. Izzo throws his full support to the President. If I was an MSU grad I would be severely disappointed.

The NCAA can do as it pleases. I’m more concerned with the AG as that’s the actual law, not the NCAA and their investigations that often times seem void of intelligence.

As for Izzo, he made a bad statement and clarified it. He also had a ton of good things to say that I fully support. He rambled on way too long and hung himself on his own words. He’s not a lawyer, he doesn’t work in Human Resources, and he’s not a public relations rep. He apologized and walked back his comments and had a good helping of humble pie. I can accept that and I’m not going to cast him aside for life because he’s bad with speaking. Him and Dantonio aren’t the best public speakers but I’m sure everyone here already knows as much.

At the end of this, what if Simon had legitimate procedures in place? What if it wasn’t reported to her and it turns out Nassar had enablers around him to isolate things? I’m playing the what if game and I really don’t support Simon but stranger things have happened. The court of public opinion wants more blood and they’ll get it. Sit tight.

Izzo's quote after the Indiana game was about as bad as you could get. Not a good look for the highest paid employee. He is going to get the questions, so he needs to have a better response prepared going forward.

I think his quote was blown out of proportion, because it was fairly clear that he was trying to say Nassar was guilty - not implying that there was a chance he was not the right person being convicted. He later clarified what he meant.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...zo-bad-choice-words-choice-thought/109709390/

Terrible situation all around. For those jumping down MSU's throat on this, I think they are missing that Nassar had everyone fooled. He fooled MSU, his healthcare colleagues, the Olympics committees, the parents of these children, etc. Not saying that means everyone should be off the hook, but going after the basketball coach on something he probably had no knowledge of seems like a witch hunt. Again, if the MSU Board and AD knew about all of this and did nothing - they should be punished for that.

Reactions: pig1960 and KisteK
I think his quote was blown out of proportion, because it was fairly clear that he was trying to say Nassar was guilty - not implying that there was a chance he was not the right person being convicted. He later clarified what he meant.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...zo-bad-choice-words-choice-thought/109709390/

Terrible situation all around. For those jumping down MSU's throat on this, I think they are missing that Nassar had everyone fooled. He fooled MSU, his healthcare colleagues, the Olympics committees, the parents of these children, etc. Not saying that means everyone should be off the hook, but going after the basketball coach on something he probably had no knowledge of seems like a witch hunt. Again, if the MSU Board and AD knew about all of this and did nothing - they should be punished for that.

I think Izzo simply said the wrong thing on accident. But I feel like the AD, President, and that dbag Jeff Ferguson need to go. Do you know much about Ferguson? His radio interview was appalling.

Well, as far as MSU being disconnected, in fairness PSU made their great SELF report and the NCAA used it to crucify them. So if I was MSU I would not be doing any self investigation public report now. As bad as it looks, I’d let the state AG do his investigation and others and take it from there. Otherwise the NCAA will use anything they submit and use it against them. Others have seen what the NCAA did to PSU.

Well, as far as MSU being disconnected, in fairness PSU made their great SELF report and the NCAA used it to crucify them. So if I was MSU I would not be doing any self investigation public report now. As bad as it looks, I’d let the state AG do his investigation and others and take it from there. Otherwise the NCAA will use anything they submit and use it against them. Others have seen what the NCAA did to PSU.

This

Let the NCAA botch the investigation.

We are 5-3. You are 0-8.
You defeated two teams without significant pieces that we dealt with. Both teams lost a guy that killed us. We went to OT against Maryland. We likely win that with no Justin Jackson. He went 20pts and 6reb against us. We played Maryland with Reggie Lynch. He put up 11pts and 12reb (5 offensive). We have a better chance against Maryland without a guy who goes for 140 ORtg and 83 Drtg against us.

Northwestern beat us in OT by 4. I guess that's an ass beating, or you're just ignorant and talking out of your ass about it.

All I'm saying is that we have a better chance of winning games with the way scheduling/injuries have played in favor to your schedule. We played 5 of our first 7 in the B1G on the road with one of those home games being MSU. The only away game you've even won is against a Minnesota team that was 13-3 with Lynch and is 1-6 without him. It will even out.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
Ferguson is the worst. In one day I went from not knowing who he was to being public enemy #1 (other than Nassar). If anything, if I’m President Simon, I send him a thank you card.

What he said on radio or I guess the way he said it too, is inexcusable. His days are numbered. I can’t wait to vote for anyone other than him. I’d vote for Mike Hart over Ferguson.

Reactions: stakesarehigh
Ferguson is the worst. In one day I went from not knowing who he was to being public enemy #1 (other than Nassar). If anything, if I’m President Simon, I send him a thank you card.

What he said on radio or I guess the way he said it too, is inexcusable. His days are numbered. I can’t wait to vote for anyone other than him. I’d vote for Mike Hart over Ferguson.

What’s his history with MSU?

What’s his history with MSU?

I don’t know. All I know is he’s extremely unprofessional and has been getting annihilated both locally and nationally. He was mentioned on a national radio show I listen to on my way to work that typically covers politics and big national news topics. I was fairly surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT