ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky @ Tennessee

Intentionally fouling Sheppard but not the center was certainly a decision

Cal having Wagner instead of Dillingham in the game was asinine anyway.

eh, neither call was making a difference in the game. Play on!
Copy That Dougie Payne GIF by Travis

Clearly don't practice finishing games SMH

Can they make it 4 turnovers in a row?

This ridiculous last minute aside, Kentucky is exactly where you want to be heading into the postseason. They are clicking.

Way to battle Tennessee. Always fun! Thought we was gonna give it away but the freshman stood tall.

Excellent game, Wildcats! Winning every game in that 4 game ending gauntlet was too much even for the Vols. I hope we don’t see y’all again until the finals of the tournament. At least I won’t get endless “Farrrrr Cal” notifications tonight!

Been keeping up with the score on my phone through dinner. Color me shocked. Guess I can watch it now.

Good game , Vols ( I assume).

Reactions: kyjeff1
This ridiculous last minute aside, Kentucky is exactly where you want to be heading into the postseason. They are clicking.
Defense needs to get better, BUT----its decent enough that when they are shooting like this, its gonna be tough.

Said earlier, IF UK could just get the defense "good enough", they'd be a problem.

Also, why keep starting DJ?

UK played great and couldn't miss from 3. You also played some real good defense. I was proud of the way the Vols battled back. If James could have been just a little on, but whatever. Good Luck in at the dance.
UK's defense was "good enough". UT did miss some open looks though----and not just three's. JOnes was MIA, and that didn't help---but TBH, I think Oneyso rattled him a bit.

This was a really fun game.

And for those yelling why didn't Cal call a to on that 10 second violation----He cant.

So shut the **** up.

• Haha
Reactions: Anthony B
Defense needs to get better, BUT----its decent enough that when they are shooting like this, its gonna be tough.

Said earlier, IF UK could just get the defense "good enough", they'd be a problem.

Also, why keep starting DJ?

I think the defense was better today overall. Sometimes you just have great players making great plays. Knecht and Sheppard were unconscious. If UK doesn't meltdown in the final minute that's a double digit win at Tennessee. That's a fantastic win.

Cal made promises. It's my only guess. He'd point to Edwards finally playing well and say he's trying to do that, but like it's March. The time for that was January. Things like that will get you sent home in a week

UK at full strength finally
Some of it. I mean UK has had the core most of the year. Edwards starting to play at an elite level has changed things. Shep being 100x' better than expected as well. DJ has not impressed at all.

I don't think health has much to do opposed to these guys have simply gotten better. Especially Edwards.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I think the defense was better today overall. Sometimes you just have great players making great plays. Knecht and Sheppard were unconscious. If UK doesn't meltdown in the final minute that's a double digit win at Tennessee. That's a fantastic win.

Cal made promises. It's my only guess. He'd point to Edwards finally playing well and say he's trying to do that, but like it's March. The time for that was January. Things like that will get you sent home in a week
Defense was better----Knecht is who he is. Its the other dudes that had they made some good, open looks, could have made a difference. UK gambles to much, which gets them out of position. Seems they are in "help
mode a lot on defense.

But its certainly better than it was a month ago.

Very impressive----even with the late game fiasco----again. JFC, Cal----gotta fix that. Knecht falls down, so UT has to settle for a Jones shot----that looked good. That goes in, and we get to OT?

But a win is a win, and as the wife said---"We will take it baby....right"

Bitch what the **** you mean, "We".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT