ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky @ Tennessee

Any of you SECers got anything planned for your Regular season finale? (Game food)
I'm cooking a big ole pot of Gumbo as we speak.

Who Dat?

Who wins?
I think UT has the more complete team, but we just won the Conference and who knows where our mind is. UK didn't look great against Vandy, don't know where their mind is either. This game just seems weird.
Huge rivalry game----and with NCAAT implications. Game is big for UK in terms of SECT seed; could be anywhere from a 2, to a 5.

I expect the best from both.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and della
IF Knecht is balling, this one could get ugly. When that dude is "in the zone", UT just might be the best team in CBB.

Games like this, I always expect UK to play well. I think UT wins, but it would not suroprise me one bit if the Cats win.

down to UT -7 now. I just took UK +7
Man, scary game for me. If Knecht is on, I could see the Vols running UK out of TBA. They did win handily at Rupp, as well. BUt then again, Rob could also go all Curry on UT as well.

I stay away from it.

Reactions: cdbearde and della
Any of you SECers got anything planned for your Regular season finale? (Game food)
I'm cooking a big ole pot of Gumbo as we speak.

Who Dat?
I'm going to have to watch the entire day of games on my phones. I'm visiting family in Michign and we're at hockey all day.
What's worse, I'll be back up here next weekend too. Watching selection Sunday on my phone.
I need to have a talk with my daughter, this can't continue to be a thing.

IF Knecht is balling, this one could get ugly. When that dude is "in the zone", UT just might be the best team in CBB.

Games like this, I always expect UK to play well. I think UT wins, but it would not suroprise me one bit if the Cats win.
100%. That dude has kicked it up another notch just in the last couple weeks and in addition, you can't just shut him down, because the other guys will get you. That’s a dangerous team right now.

Man, scary game for me. If Knecht is on, I could see the Vols running UK out of TBA. They did win handily at Rupp, as well. BUt then again, Rob could also go all Curry on UT as well.

I stay away from it.
UK was in one if their patented ruts when they played in Rupp. Also didn't have Wagner and Mitchell was playing with back issues.
UT is far better now though, so I expect them to wreck my beloved Cats today.
I'd rather play Uconn or Houston than UT right now.

Eh...not too worried about this game. Actually think UK wins.

Cal is always at his best when his teams are doubted/not favored/not expected to win. Wish he coached like that all the time (he used to, to be honest)...

UT doesn't scare me as much as they do most UK fans. I put little to no stock in the first game played.

I just hope the officials let them play. Don't call stupid touch fouls, that’s how games end.up getting knocked off their axis. Just let them play and call real fouls.

I just hope the officials let them play. Don't call stupid touch fouls, that’s how games end.up getting knocked off their axis. Just let them play and call real fouls.
So often, refs let these teams play super physically in the first half, with little to nothing called. So much contact, pushing, grabbing, impeding the offensive player's ability to drive, and nothing is called.

Then the second half starts, and the players keep playing exactly how they did in the first half, and refs start blowing the whistle every time down the court, when they called nothing when there was the exact same contact in the first half. Ends up a free throw shooting contest.

Call it the same way both halves. If it is frustrating for the fans, how do you think the players/coaches feel? Drives me insane.

giphy-29.gif

So often, refs let these teams play super physically in the first half, with little to nothing called. So much contact, pushing, grabbing, impeding the offensive player's ability to drive, and nothing is called.

Then the second half starts, and the players keep playing exactly how they did in the first half, and refs start blowing the whistle every time down the court, when they called nothing when there was the exact same contact in the first half. Ends up a free throw shooting contest.

Call it the same way both halves. If it is frustrating for the fans, how do you think the players/coaches feel? Drives me insane.
Great post, I have noticed the same thing. Just be consistent at the very least.

I’ll be changing poopy diapers for most of it. But I already told the girlfriend that me and the boy are watching the cats this afternoon :)
I'm just glad you and the boy are watching the Vols! He'll be able to use that to his advantage as he grows older. :p

Then the second half starts, and the players keep playing exactly how they did in the first half, and refs start blowing the whistle every time down the court, when they called nothing when there was the exact same contact in the first half.
Meh.....not really. Again, and take this as you like, but understanding legal guarding position, etc, is imperative. Contact can look "the same", but that's not always true. And what does the contact create? Can you let it go? Can a guy play through it? Was it simply incidential?

Maybe its a play where everyone is legal, and its just inevitable, legal, basketball contact?

I’ll be changing poopy diapers for most of it. But I already told the girlfriend that me and the boy are watching the cats this afternoon :)
Told my wife----"Caleb is coming over with the grandson.."

Wife: "When"?

Me---Around 4 or so..

Wife---Call and tell him , "earlier time, or later----or tomorrow.

Damn, grandma....

Luckily for you, in my household, Tennessee isn’t talked about with the same vitriol as U of L Winking
Good, I could see your son becoming a Doctor that cures Cancer or an Engineer that harnesses cold fusion or something else great and to think it all started with his dad letting him watch the Vols at this tender age.

Told my wife----"Caleb is coming over with the grandson.."

Wife: "When"?

Me---Around 4 or so..

Wife---Call and tell him , "earlier time, or later----or tomorrow.

Damn, grandma....
lol, same thing happened to me today actually. Some of my aunts and uncles asked to come see the baby for the first time (two weeks old today)

I said come at 6 or anytime after! Gotta watch the Cats

lol, same thing happened to me today actually. Some of my aunts and uncles asked to come see the baby for the first time (two weeks old today)

I said come at 6 or anytime after! Gotta watch the Cats
Awesome, sauce....Congrats man. Shit is priceless. Enjoy every fukim moment. One day you'll wake up, and well your "baby" is bringing your grandson over.

Awesome, sauce....Congrats man. Shit is priceless. Enjoy every fukim moment. One day you'll wake up, and well your "baby" is bringing your grandson over.
That’s where I'm at, only it moved really fast for me, I married a woman 10 years older than me and I adopted her kids. Youngest one made me a grandfather at 40. My head is still spinning.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
That’s where I'm at, only it moved really fast for me, I married a woman 10 years older than me and I adopted her kids. Youngest one made me a grandfather at 40. My head is still spinning.
Bro, almost the dame shit here. My wife is older than me by few. I have just a son----who is 25. Her oldest is 34. Youngest is 29. Her daughter had 4 girls----just BOOM< BOOM< BOOM and Boom. Then the oldest had a son....then the youngest had a daughter.

My son's wife has a son from a previous marriage----then Ezzie was born two years ago.

At 51---I have 8 grandchildren

Arriana
Aliyah Maye
Alexis
Amara
Harper
Liam
Cyrus
Ezzie

Oldest is 14-----down to Ezzie, who is two.

Ezzie is my only biological grandchild----But love all of them same; BUT, I mean there's a different connection with Ezzie(Ezra ). He's biological. SO I mean, ya know man. That's different. Dude has my name---my blood.

I’m at the moment right now. Nothing in this world like a grandkid!

Pretty good game so far. For all of the good play from UT all year Vescovi has been kind of bad overall. I would play him and Gainey as little as possible.

UK is on fire from deep. Their defense has been pretty solid overall.

Pretty good game so far. For all of the good play from UT all year Vescovi has been kind of bad overall. I would play him and Gainey as little as possible.

UK is on fire from deep. Their defense has been pretty solid overall.
When UK is like this from three, they are fun to watch---And really good.

On the other hand----UT cannot throw it in the ocean.

UK has UT sped up....Which is what they need to do

When UK is like this from three, they are fun to watch---And really good.

On the other hand----UT cannot throw it in the ocean.

UK has UT sped up....Which is what they need to do

That's what every Barnes teams does at times, just can't score. It's why they never win in March.

Reactions: Scotty00
Food City arena with some Bon Jovi playing in the background!!!

Tennessee has to be stronger inside. They are getting dominated down low by Kentucky. UK has them scared to shoot.

UK speed giving UT trouble. Vols are pressing. And cannot find the ocean.

UK on fire.

Bro, almost the dame shit here. My wife is older than me by few. I have just a son----who is 25. Her oldest is 34. Youngest is 29. Her daughter had 4 girls----just BOOM< BOOM< BOOM and Boom. Then the oldest had a son....then the youngest had a daughter.

My son's wife has a son from a previous marriage----then Ezzie was born two years ago.

At 51---I have 8 grandchildren

Arriana
Aliyah Maye
Alexis
Amara
Harper
Liam
Cyrus
Ezzie

Oldest is 14-----down to Ezzie, who is two.

Ezzie is my only biological grandchild----But love all of them same; BUT, I mean there's a different connection with Ezzie(Ezra ). He's biological. SO I mean, ya know man. That's different. Dude has my name---my blood.
Wow, 8 grand kids? I have 3.

My wife is 60, I'm 50, oldest daughter is 40 (41 in April), son turns 40 in June and youngest is 37.
Oldest granddaughter is 9. This is crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT