ADVERTISEMENT

8th Annual College Basketball Draft

You must have a really good pick that you’re anxious to get in. I know the feeling (I don’t have it now, but I recall what it’s like).
Not really. Have someone on my radar but feel like I can get him in a couple of rounds. Will be sad if someone else has the same thought and grabs him earlier. Not sure what I'm doing this round.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Not really. Have someone on my radar but feel like I can get him in a couple of rounds. Will be sad if someone else has the same thought and grabs him earlier. Not sure what I'm doing this round.

Tre Johnson Texas
ryan-reynolds-goddammit.gif

Tre Johnson is one of those risk/reward picks. He might end up being just another player averaging low double figures for Texas or he might end up being an All American. That's the type of guy you take a chance on late and I thought he'd go another round or two since he's not being talked about much. I really thought I could get him in the 9th round you sumbitch!

Tre Johnson is one of those risk/reward picks. He might end up being just another player averaging low double figures for Texas or he might end up being an All American. That's the type of guy you take a chance on late and I thought he'd go another round or two since he's not being talked about much. I really thought I could get him in the 9th round you sumbitch!

10-12 ppg, IMO. I'm not super high on him, but I know some people are.

There’s only 4 freshmen worth taking and I have 3 of them.

1st Round
1. Hunter Dickinson, Kansas
2. Cooper Flagg, Duke
3. RJ Davis, North Carolina
4. Mark Sears, Alabama
5. Johni Broome, Auburn
6. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton
7. Kam Jones, Marquette
8. Kadary Richmond, St. John's
9. Caleb Love, Arizona
10. Alex Karaban, UConn

2nd Round
11. Oumar Ballo, Indiana
12. LJ Cryer, Houston
13. Tamin Lipsey, Iowa State
14. Ryan Nembhard, Gonzaga
15. Wade Taylor, Texas A&M
16. Braden Smith, Purdue
17. Hunter Sallis, Wake Forest
18. Jaxson Robinson, Kentucky
19. Johnell Davis, Arkansas
20. Great Osobor, Washington

3rd Round
21. Norchad Omier, Baylor
22. VJ Edgecombe, Baylor
23. Ace Baldwin, Penn State
24. Graham Ike, Gonzaga
25. Robbie Avila, Saint Louis
26. Mackenzie Mgbako, Indiana
27. Tyon Grant-Foster, Grand Canyon
28. Jackson Shelstad, Oregon
29. Josh Hubbard, Mississippi State
30. Matthew Murrell, Ole Miss

4th Round
31. Eric Dixon, Villanova
32. Bryce Hopkins, Providence
33. Dylan Harper, Rutgers
34. AJ Storr, Kansas
35. Tyson Degenhart, Boise State
36. Walter Clayton, Florida
37. J’Wan Roberts, Houston
38. JT Toppin, Texas Tech
39. Collin Murray-Boyles, South Carolina
40. Koby Brea, Kentucky

5th Round
41. PJ Haggerty, Memphis
42. Tucker DeVries, West Virginia
43. Zakai Zeigler, Tennessee
44. Coleman Hawkins, Kansas State
45. Donovan Dent, New Mexico
46. Malik Reneau, Indiana
47. Vlad Goldin, Michigan
48. Bruce Thornton, Ohio State
49. Chaz Lanier, Tennessee
50. Pop Isaacs, Creighton

6th Round
51. Tyrese Proctor, Duke
52. Aidan Mahaney, UConn
53. Markus Burton, Notre Dame
54. DJ Wagner, Arkansas
55. Caden Pierce, Princeton
56. Payton Sandfort, Iowa
57. Yaxel Lendeborg, UAB
58. Augustas Marciulionis, Saint Mary's
59. Ace Bailey, Rutgers
60. Dan Skillings, Cincinnati

Round 7
61. Jaylin Sellers, UCF
62. Grant Nelson, Alabama
63. Dawson Garcia, Minnesota
64. Nijel Pack, Miami
65. Keshon Gilbert, Iowa State
66. Mitchell Saxen, Saint Mary's
67. Max Shulga, VCU
68. Kon Knueppel, Duke
69. Andrew Carr, Kentucky
70. Tramon Mark, Texas

Round 8
71. Donnie Freeman, Syracuse
72. Ryan Conwell, Xavier
73. Zach Freemantle, Xavier
74. Tre Johnson, Texas
75. Chucky Hepburn, Louisville
76. Jeremy Roach, Baylor
77. Ian Schieffelin, Clemson
78. Chase Hunter, Clemson

70. Tramon Mark, Texas
74. Tre Johnson, Texas

72. Ryan Conwell, Xavier
73. Zach Freemantle, Xavier

77. Ian Schieffelin, Clemson
78. Chase Hunter, Clemson

Classic drafting tactic. If you're not sure who the alpha is on the team, wait until someone else has drafted one of the guys - and immediately select the other guy. The idea, of course, is you're going to ride it out until whatever round someone finally budges, and you simply take the other high impact player from that team.

Classic drafting tactic. If you're not sure who the alpha is on the team, wait until someone else has drafted one of the guys - and immediately select the other guy. The idea, of course, is you're going to ride it out until whatever round someone finally budges, and you simply take the other high impact player from that team.

People who use that strategy probably also let their wives order for them at restaurants.

I think 12 is what we usually do. And then drop 2 guys in January.

This is what I said on the first page of the thread. I plan to stick to that.

42 picks to go and 13 days until the start of the college basketball season. Might shorten the clock in the latter rounds, if necessary.

At some point during the latter end of the season (late February), we'll drop three players.

This is what I said on the first page of the thread. I plan to stick to that.

42 picks to go and 13 days until the start of the college basketball season. Might shorten the clock in the latter rounds, if necessary.
Wow. We are dropping 3? I've already got 8 guys that will score at least 9 points in this format so I can take more chances with the last 4 picks.

Wow. We are dropping 3? I've already got 8 guys that will score at least 9 points in this format so I can take more chances with the last 4 picks.

First few years of the draft we did 10 rounds and dropped 2 players. The past 4 years or so we've done 12 rounds and dropped 3 players.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT