ADVERTISEMENT

8th Annual College Basketball Draft

The call this part of the draft @dukedevilz season. How did we let him draft 3 guys in rounds 8, 9 and 10 that ended up top 11 in points last year? He's just that good!!

Draft23-Top25-Players.png

The call this part of the draft @dukedevilz season. How did we let him draft 3 guys in rounds 8, 9 and 10 that ended up top 11 in points last year? He's just that good!!

Draft23-Top25-Players.png

I got some bangers lined up for Round 9 and 10. They won't be as good as my picks from last year, but I've had these two guys earmarked since the beginning of the draft; I knew they were under the radar. Not waiting anymore. Worried you might take one of them, though.

Reactions: Sparty_57
not sure how this guy slipped this far. even went and read and re-read the picks to make sure he wasn't taken. Either I'm blind or y'all are morons sleeping at the wheel.

Dajuan Harris/Kansas (3x All Big 12, reigning B12 DPOY)

@lurkeraspect84 is now really on the clock.

not sure how this guy slipped this far. even went and read and re-read the picks to make sure he wasn't taken. Either I'm blind or y'all are morons sleeping at the wheel.

Dajuan Harris/Kansas (3x All Big 12, reigning B12 DPOY)

@lurkeraspect84 is now really on the clock.
He’s never made All B12. His DPOY was 2 years ago. He regressed big time last year defensively and offensively. His win share were lower as a senior than his soph and junior years. But other than that….great pick!

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
All-Conference Defensive Team is equivalent of 3rd Team All-Conference, which is where I'd expect Harris. His Win Shares have been fairly modest lately, and with the talented transfers coming in, I wouldn't be surprised if that takes a little dip.

Lipsey should be the frontrunner for Conference DPOY.

He’s never made All B12. His DPOY was 2 years ago. He regressed big time last year defensively and offensively. His win share were lower as a senior than his soph and junior years. But other than that….great pick!

Sounds like he is primed for a bounce back season!

Sorry guys, how many am I picking?

Khaliff Battle, Gonzaga
Deivon Smith, St. John's
Lamont Butler, Kentucky
Maxime Raynaud, Stanford

41 picks to go and 12 days until the start of the college basketball season. It might be time....
naw, @dukedevilz keep it the way it is. some of us need time to get picks in. 12 hours is stupid especially if someone makes a pick at night. Someone who doesn't religiously follow the board at night and will miss his window when he checks in the next morning.

24 hours is perfect. Also, if the draft bleeds into the season a few days is it really the end of the world? Does it really affect the last round or two of the draft?

Let's face it, this whole league is the draft. Once the draft is over there's nothing left to do except wait for the end of the season. Sure, we drop a couple players at some point but even with that you really don't have to do it and can just let DD do it for you. Since the draft is essentailly the entire league, I don't see the point in rushing through it. Let's take our time and enjoy the draft.

naw, @dukedevilz keep it the way it is. some of us need time to get picks in. 12 hours is stupid especially if someone makes a pick at night. Someone who doesn't religiously follow the board at night and will miss his window when he checks in the next morning.

24 hours is perfect. Also, if the draft bleeds into the season a few days is it really the end of the world? Does it really affect the last round or two of the draft?

Let's face it, this whole league is the draft. Once the draft is over there's nothing left to do except wait for the end of the season. Sure, we drop a couple players at some point but even with that you really don't have to do it and can just let DD do it for you. Since the draft is essentailly the entire league, I don't see the point in rushing through it. Let's take our time and enjoy the draft.

No chance. Tristen Newton and Jaedon Ledee weren't drafted last year. That's 2 All-Americans. It would be a HUGE advantage to whoever is on the clock when the opening games have been played. Dive into the box scores and you'll find someone that is clearly a good value pick... The point is to project the best players - not evaluate the current data.

You can always send me a top 5-7 list. That would cover you for multiple rounds. dukedevilz@yahoo.com

I'm not going to speed the clock yet, but it's possible I could do that next week.

Looks like Lurker has about 30 minutes before he can get skipped. Or should we have just taken the top 2 guys on his list as his picks?

Looks like Lurker has about 30 minutes before he can get skipped. Or should we have just taken the top 2 guys on his list as his picks?

I'd say take the top 2 names, Khaliff Battle and Deivon Smith. If he wants to replace them with Butler or Raynaud later on, that's fine, provided someone else hasn't already drafted them.

@WeAreDePaul can draft now. @lurkeraspect84 You good with Battle and Smith?

Christian Shumate, McNeese

@boilerzz you're on the clock.
There is one of the 4 I was going to draft. I think he's pretty clearly Southland POY and he had 5.2 win shares last year so he's a low floor pick.

I'm going to go with my first dice roll of the year. It's earlier than I'd like but I don't want to miss out on this guy. I think people are sleeping on the Fighting Tommy Lloyd's. I know it's a step up in conference but Lloyd has never won less than 27 games and I expect Arizona to finish top 5 in the B12. And with that, I'm going to take a guy I think will be the most impactful transfer in the B12. I know it was just an exhibition but dude did just score 24 points the first time he suited up for the Wildcats.

Give me Trey Townsend - Arizona.

@IUfanBorden is on the clock

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
There is one of the 4 I was going to draft. I think he's pretty clearly Southland POY and he had 5.2 win shares last year so he's a low floor pick.

I'm going to go with my first dice roll of the year. It's earlier than I'd like but I don't want to miss out on this guy. I think people are sleeping on the Fighting Tommy Lloyd's. I know it's a step up in conference but Lloyd has never won less than 27 games and I expect Arizona to finish top 5 in the B12. And with that, I'm going to take a guy I think will be the most impactful transfer in the B12. I know it was just an exhibition but dude did just score 24 points the first time he suited up for the Wildcats.

Give me Trey Townsend - Arizona.

@IUfanBorden is on the clock
thought about him. It's werid, one of the those top 100 lists have him top 30 and then I don't think he makes top 100 on any other list.

thought about him. It's werid, one of the those top 100 lists have him top 30 and then I don't think he makes top 100 on any other list.
Yeah, I saw him play at Oakland and the dude can play. There is always a question with transfers of how they do stepping up in class and how they integrate on their team but everything I've heard thus far has been glowing of Townsend.

Yeah, I saw him play at Oakland and the dude can play. There is always a question with transfers of how they do stepping up in class and how they integrate on their team but everything I've heard thus far has been glowing of Townsend.
I thought about picking him too. Agree it’s a bit of a risk, but I think he could be a solid pickup.

1st Round
1. Hunter Dickinson, Kansas
2. Cooper Flagg, Duke
3. RJ Davis, North Carolina
4. Mark Sears, Alabama
5. Johni Broome, Auburn
6. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton
7. Kam Jones, Marquette
8. Kadary Richmond, St. John's
9. Caleb Love, Arizona
10. Alex Karaban, UConn

2nd Round
11. Oumar Ballo, Indiana
12. LJ Cryer, Houston
13. Tamin Lipsey, Iowa State
14. Ryan Nembhard, Gonzaga
15. Wade Taylor, Texas A&M
16. Braden Smith, Purdue
17. Hunter Sallis, Wake Forest
18. Jaxson Robinson, Kentucky
19. Johnell Davis, Arkansas
20. Great Osobor, Washington

3rd Round
21. Norchad Omier, Baylor
22. VJ Edgecombe, Baylor
23. Ace Baldwin, Penn State
24. Graham Ike, Gonzaga
25. Robbie Avila, Saint Louis
26. Mackenzie Mgbako, Indiana
27. Tyon Grant-Foster, Grand Canyon
28. Jackson Shelstad, Oregon
29. Josh Hubbard, Mississippi State
30. Matthew Murrell, Ole Miss

4th Round
31. Eric Dixon, Villanova
32. Bryce Hopkins, Providence
33. Dylan Harper, Rutgers
34. AJ Storr, Kansas
35. Tyson Degenhart, Boise State
36. Walter Clayton, Florida
37. J’Wan Roberts, Houston
38. JT Toppin, Texas Tech
39. Collin Murray-Boyles, South Carolina
40. Koby Brea, Kentucky

5th Round
41. PJ Haggerty, Memphis
42. Tucker DeVries, West Virginia
43. Zakai Zeigler, Tennessee
44. Coleman Hawkins, Kansas State
45. Donovan Dent, New Mexico
46. Malik Reneau, Indiana
47. Vlad Goldin, Michigan
48. Bruce Thornton, Ohio State
49. Chaz Lanier, Tennessee
50. Pop Isaacs, Creighton

6th Round
51. Tyrese Proctor, Duke
52. Aidan Mahaney, UConn
53. Markus Burton, Notre Dame
54. DJ Wagner, Arkansas
55. Caden Pierce, Princeton
56. Payton Sandfort, Iowa
57. Yaxel Lendeborg, UAB
58. Augustas Marciulionis, Saint Mary's
59. Ace Bailey, Rutgers
60. Dan Skillings, Cincinnati

Round 7
61. Jaylin Sellers, UCF
62. Grant Nelson, Alabama
63. Dawson Garcia, Minnesota
64. Nijel Pack, Miami
65. Keshon Gilbert, Iowa State
66. Mitchell Saxen, Saint Mary's
67. Max Shulga, VCU
68. Kon Knueppel, Duke
69. Andrew Carr, Kentucky
70. Tramon Mark, Texas

Round 8
71. Donnie Freeman, Syracuse
72. Ryan Conwell, Xavier
73. Zach Freemantle, Xavier
74. Tre Johnson, Texas
75. Chucky Hepburn, Louisville
76. Jeremy Roach, Baylor
77. Ian Schieffelin, Clemson
78. Chase Hunter, Clemson
79. Dajuan Harris, Kansas
80. Khaliff Battle, Gonzaga

Round 9
81. Deivon Smith, St. John's
82. Jamir Watkins, Florida State
83. Milan Momcilovic, Iowa State
84. Christian Shumate, McNeese State
85. Trey Townsend, Arizona

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I wondered when someone would take him. Dude oozes potential. I just have no idea who is going to be Illinois' alpha this year. I feel like they have 7 different guys who could lead them in scoring. @Jaycg15, what the hell is going to happen with your Illini?

Noo!!!!! I was wanting him before the draft. Thought I could grab him in Round 9. Just two picks away. Dumb. I was being greedy.

giphy.gif

Noo!!!!! I was wanting him before the draft. Thought I could grab him in Round 9. Just two picks away. Dumb. I was being greedy.

giphy.gif
That's how I felt about Townsend. I got worried when he played great in their exhibition so I took him a couple rounds before I was planning to.

giphy.gif
I was surprised he was still available. Dude with crazy potential. Rhen again, I drafted him...dude probably be a 1/2/1 guy

Reactions: dukedevilz
That's how I felt about Townsend. I got worried when he played great in their exhibition so I took him a couple rounds before I was planning to.

I was high on him before and buzz has been growing in the past few weeks among the Illinois faithful. He's s a strong contender for 1st Team All-Conference. I was thinking he might fall a bit because no one had him in the top 100 of their player rankings.

look at you guys salivating over some bum from Illinois. Next your gonna convince yourself that Pritzker isn't fat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT