ADVERTISEMENT

6th Annual College Basketball Draft

Was I supposed to get a replacement player for Graham Ike? Or I just have one less guy?

Either way, he’s obviously a cut. Then I’ll go with Tyler Wahl and Tyrese Hunter (what a disappointment he’s been), holding out hope that Lively wins ACC DPOY or at least makes the all defense team.

Just took a deeper peek at people's teams. It's @dukedevilz world and we are just living in it.

And @MGC_07, way to waste that Edey pick with the rest of your roster malfunction.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Was I supposed to get a replacement player for Graham Ike? Or I just have one less guy?

Either way, he’s obviously a cut. Then I’ll go with Tyler Wahl and Tyrese Hunter (what a disappointment he’s been), holding out hope that Lively wins ACC DPOY or at least makes the all defense team.

We talked about it briefly. I think you backed off of the idea because the impression was that he should be back by conference play, at least. He never logged a minute this season, unfortunately.

@GE Nole Graham Ike, MWC Preseason POY, out with a lower leg injury. Out for 6-8 weeks. That sucks. That would put his return for Mid December - early January. Should be back for conference play, at least.

Lol. This happens every year for me so it’s whatever. I don’t know if a better player undrafted to replace him with.

Feel free to take a supplemental pick before Monday. But, as you mention, not even sure who a better replacement would be.

Reactions: GE Nole
Just took a deeper peek at people's teams. It's @dukedevilz world and we are just living in it.

And @MGC_07, way to waste that Edey pick with the rest of your roster malfunction.

It should be a closer contest this year. @FaithPlusOne probably has a higher floor than me. He's got 4 mid-major superstars in Jelly Walker, Antonie Davis, Aaron Estrada, and Drew Pember. A big factor in how the final standings play out might simply be how many players make Honorable Mention All-American. Some years we only have 8-10. Other years, there are 30+ HM All-Americans. If it's a generous year, those mid-major superstars could be huge... He also has Adama Sanogo and Marcus Carr, who are both legitimate All-American candidates - though, I wouldn't say either one is a lock.

I think I have the higher ceiling, however. Brandon Miller is an All-American lock and I think Jaime Jaquez probably is, too. Keyonte George and Adam Flagler are likely on the outside of those AA teams, but if Baylor keeps winning, one of them might be able to sneak onto the 3rd Team.

Kam Jones, Oumar Ballo, and Colby Jones are all solid #2 players for top 20 teams. Definitely some HM All-American potential there. Jaelen House has HM All-American potential as well, but New Mexico better stop losing if he wants to earn those honors.

We talked about it briefly. I think you backed off of the idea because the impression was that he should be back by conference play, at least. He never logged a minute this season, unfortunately.

All good. Thanks.

Does anything major stand out to you about my cut selections?

All good. Thanks.

Does anything major stand out to you about my cut selections?

I think your cuts were sensible. I don't foresee Wahl or Hunter making any all-conference teams. HM All-Conference (worth 1 point) would be best case scenario, IMO.

Not positive who will make the ACC All-Defensive team, but I'd lean towards Lively making it. If I were guessing DPOY, I'd give Reece Beekman the edge over Jesse Edwards and Leaky Black. Here's who I'd guess make the All-Defensive team in order of most votes.

1. Reece Beekman, Virginia
2. Jesse Edwards, Syracuse
3. Leaky Black, UNC
4. Dereck Lively, Duke
5. Justyn Mutts, Virginia Tech

Nick Smith with my first round pick was really awful. I don’t think the teams too bad though.

If it makes you feel any better, I was debating between Jaime Jaquez and Nick Smith with my first pick.

Before the draft started, the only freshmen that I felt like could make 1st Team All-American were Nick Smith, Keyonte George, Cam Whitmore, and Brandon Miller.

Looks about right. Can't fully judge Nick Smith, obviously. And Cam Whitmore has been good, but he hasn't been quite as effective as I was projecting him to be.

I previously said 9-10 days ago that tonight would be the deadline for roster cuts. But, I recognize that I haven't done any last minute tagging to remind everyone about this. So, this will serve as the final notification. 24 hours. If cuts aren't selected, I'll drop the 3 players with the lowest Win Shares. Midnight tomorrow.

I’d like to cut Jalen Wilson, Zach Edey and Brandon Miller.
You're giving off Rafi vibes.

f6de89604208a6f7123e3c5712797067.gif

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Been struggling with who my final cut should be. Tyrese Proctor and Foster Loyer are obvious cuts.

I've been deliberating on the final cut for over a week now. Final cut was between Drew Peterson, Justyn Mutts, and Kam Jones. Very tough call. All three of them have 2nd/3rd Team All-Conference type-stats. But, I think I'm going to have to let go of Justyn Mutts. 13-7-5 on 56% shooting is incredibly efficient. But, ACC has 15 teams, which means making 2nd team is naturally harder to make w/ more teams. And VT is currently in 12th place in the ACC. So, feel like it'd be an uphill battle with him.

Reactions: GE Nole
Alright, here are the final results of the 6th Annual College Basketball Draft.

Results-hail-jaycg.jpg
Results-boilerzz-lurker.jpg

Results-Jimbo-De-Paul.jpg
Results-dd-Faith.jpg
Results-duckboy-MGC.jpg
Results-Wojo-GE.jpg

TOP 3
1. dukedevilz- 84.6
2. @FaithPlusOne- 82.0
3. @WojoRising- 77.5

REST OF THE PACK
4. @boilerzz- 72.2
5. @MGC_07- 70.8
6. @WeAreDePaul- 69.5
7. @duckboy33- 68.5
8. @hailtoyourvictor- 65.1
9. @JimboBBN- 64.9
10. @GE Nole- 55.4
11. @Jaycg15- 52.9
12. @lurkeraspect84- 46.8

Top 25 Players
1. Zach Edey, Purdue, MGC_07- 18.8
2. Marcus Sasser, Houston, WeAreDePaul- 16.2
2. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana, lurkeraspect84- 16.2
4. Brandon Miller, Alabama, dukedevilz, 16.0
5. Jalen Pickett, Penn State, JimboBBN- 15.3
6. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA, dukedevilz- 15.1
7. Drew Timme, Gonzaga, boilerzz- 15.0
8. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky, hailtyourvictor- 14.6
9. Jalen Wilson, Kansas, WojoRising- 14.3
10. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona, duckboy33- 14.2
11. Darius McGhee, Liberty, MGC_07- 13.4
12. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts, boilerzz- 12.7
13. Adama Sanogo, UConn, FaithPlusOne- 12.7
14. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton, lurkeraspect84- 12.5
15. Armando Bacot, North Carolina, Jaycg15- 12.0
16. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan, JimboBBN- 11.9
17. Antoine Davis, Detroit, FaithPlusOne- 11.8
17. Kendric Davis, Memphis, duckboy33- 11.8
19. Kris Murray, Iowa, WeAreDePaul- 11.7
20. Marcus Carr, Texas, FaithPlusOne- 11.6
21. Tyger Campbell, UCLA, boilerzz- 11.1
21. Isaiah Wong, Miami, WojoRising- 11.1
23. Kyle Filipowski, Duke, WojoRising- 10.8
24. Jordan Hawkins, UConn, WeAreDePaul- 10.7
25. Adam Flagler, Baylor, dukedevilz- 10.6

Last edited:
Each all-conference team is 5 players per team, so here are some of those tiebreakers, which are broken by Win Shares. Conference POY automatically makes 1st Team.

Pac 12 (Win Shares are the tiebreaker)
1st Team
Jaime Jaquez, CPOY
Azuolas Tubelis- 6.2
Oumar Ballo- 5.1
Tyger Campbell- 5.1
Boogie Ellis- 4.9

2nd Team
Branden Carlson- 4.6
Tristan da Silva- 4.4
N'Faly Dante- 4.2
Mouhamed Gueye- 4
Drew Peterson- 3.9

SEC
1st Team

Brandon Miller POY
Oscar Tshiebwe 6.6
Santiago Vescovi 5.4
Kobe Brown 5.3
Wade Taylor 5.2

2nd Team
Tolu Smith 5.1
Liam Robbins 3.7
Colin Castleton 3.6 (these 3 players were voted on 1st Team)
----------------------------
KJ Williams 4.9
Mark Sears 4.8

3rd Team
Ricky Council 4.4
Anthony Black 4.2
Johni Broome 4.2
Tyrece Radford 4.2
Zakai Zeigler 4.0
Wendell Green 3.4 (HM All-Conference)

MWC
1st Team

Omari Moore POY
Steven Ashworth 6.2
Tyson Degenhart 5.4
Matt Bradley 3.9
Isaiah Stevens 3.7

2nd Team
Jamal Mashburn Jr 3.4
---------------------------
Jaelen House 5.1
Max Rice 4.4
EJ Harkless 4.3
Jarod Lucas 4.1

3rd Team
Kenan Blackshear 3.2
Hunter Maldonado 1.6
Morris Udeze 5.0
Marcus Shaver Jr 3.5
Nathan Mensah 3.5

HM
Jake Heidbreder 3.2
Will Baker, Jr 3.3
Lamont Butler 3.1

Big EAST
1st Team

Tyler Kolek POY
Ryan Kalkbrenner 6.5
Adama Sanogo 6.4
Jordan Hawkins 5.5
Souley Boum 5.4

2nd Team
Bryce Hopkins 4.2
Joel Soriano 5.2
Oso Ighodaro 5.1
Eric Dixon 4.7
Colby Jones 4.6

3rd Team
Kameron Jones 4.3
Trey Alexander
Baylor Scheierman
Devin Carter
Jack Nunge

WCC
1st Team

Drew Timme POY
Brandin Podziemski POY
Cameron Shelton 5.7
Logan Johnson 5.5
Khalil Shabazz 5.2
Mitchell Saxen 5.2

2nd Team
Julian Strawther 4.8
Tyrell Roberts 4.5
Aidan Mahaney 4.0
Carlos Stewart 3.3

Results-JV-DD.jpg

This is my JV team, which was good enough to beat the bottom 3 participants in this league.

I thought a bit about taking Keyonate Johnson with my 12th round pick... but, wasn't quite confident of his health. Awesome comeback year for him. He was my 2nd Round pick back in the 2020-21 draft.

Alright, here are the final results of the 6th Annual College Basketball Draft.

Results-hail-jaycg.jpg

Results-hail-jaycg.jpg
Results-Jimbo-De-Paul.jpg
Results-dd-Faith.jpg
Results-duckboy-MGC.jpg
Results-Wojo-GE.jpg

TOP 3
1. dukedevilz- 84.6
2. @FaithPlusOne- 82.0
3. @WojoRising- 77.5

REST OF THE PACK
4. @boilerzz- 72.2
5. @MGC_07- 70.8
6. @duckboy33- 68.5
7. @WeAreDePaul- 67.8
8. @hailtoyourvictor- 65.1
9. @JimboBBN- 64.9
10. @GE Nole- 55.4
11. @Jaycg15- 52.9
12. @lurkeraspect84- 46.8

Top 25 Players
1. Zach Edey, Purdue, MGC_07- 18.8
2. Marcus Sasser, Houston, WeAreDePaul- 16.2
2. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana, lurkeraspect84- 16.2
4. Brandon Miller, Alabama, dukedevilz, 16.0
5. Jalen Pickett, Penn State, JimboBBN- 15.3
6. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA, dukedevilz- 15.1
7. Drew Timme, Gonzaga, boilerzz- 15.0
8. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky, hailtyourvictor- 14.6
9. Jalen Wilson, Kansas, WojoRising- 14.3
10. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona, duckboy33- 14.2
11. Darius McGhee, Liberty, MGC_07- 13.4
12. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts, boilerzz- 12.7
13. Adama Sanogo, UConn, FaithPlusOne- 12.7
14. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton, lurkeraspect84- 12.5
15. Armando Bacot, North Carolina, Jaycg15- 12.0
16. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan, JimboBBN- 11.9
17. Antoine Davis, Detroit, FaithPlusOne- 11.8
17. Kendric Davis, Memphis, duckboy33- 11.8
19. Kris Murray, Iowa, WeAreDePaul- 11.7
20. Marcus Carr, Texas, FaithPlusOne- 11.6
21. Tyger Campbell, UCLA, boilerzz- 11.1
21. Isaiah Wong, Miami, WojoRising- 11.1
23. Kyle Filipowski, Duke, WojoRising- 10.8
24. Jordan Hawkins, UConn, WeAreDePaul- 10.7
25. Adam Flagler, Baylor, dukedevilz- 10.6
I’m just glad to be on the podium.

I picked Sanogo after carefully considering Edey. Chose wrong.

I’m just glad to be on the podium.

I picked Sanogo after carefully considering Edey. Chose wrong.

It was super close. And you did about as well as could possibly do for not having any All-Americans. You had 4 mid-major superstars, which resulted in a HM All-American and 2 additional conference player of year awards. If UAB had won a few more games, Jelly Walker could have been an HM All-American, as well.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The 3 players that @WeAreDePaul took right in front of me were: Marcus Sasser, Kris Murray, and Jordan Hawkins. Those were actually your 3 most productive players on your team... and you netted quite a bit over me on my backup plans.

Marcus Sasser > Jaime Jaquez +1.1
Kris Murray > Adam Flagler +1.1
Jordan Hawkins > Kam Jones +4.4

Total Difference: +6.6

Gotta recognize myself and @WojoRising for being the only people to draft a double digit point producer with a double digit draft pick.

Wojo had Filipowski (10.8 pts) in round 12 and I had Jordan Hawkins (10.7) in Round 10.

I could be wrong, but if we go back in this thread there might be some receipts on @dukedevilz ripping the Hawkins pick.

Reactions: WojoRising
Gotta recognize myself and @WojoRising for being the only people to draft a double digit point producer with a double digit draft pick.

Wojo had Filipowski (10.8 pts) in round 12 and I had Jordan Hawkins (10.7) in Round 10.

I could be wrong, but if we go back in this thread there might be some receipts on @dukedevilz ripping the Hawkins pick.
This feels genuine but I can’t shake the feeling I should be offended and I’m just missing it

could be wrong, but if we go back in this thread there might be some receipts on @dukedevilz ripping the Hawkins pick.

Haha no. I even mentioned in post #951 of this thread that you picked three of the guys I wanted, just one spot ahead of me. Marcus Sasser, Kris Murray, and Jordan Hawkins. Those were your 3 best picks.

Here are those receipts.

This one seems like a no brainer pick here. Lots of websites have this guy listed as a potential breakout star this year.

Jordan Hawkins/UCONN

@dukedevilz is on the clock.

You've got to be freaking kidding me. Again. Holy crap.

Should have taken him in Round 10. Could have had that New Mexico player any round.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
My first round pick being a complete bust sucked. Definitely wasted some picks on those Gonzaga guards.

ADVERTISEMENT