ADVERTISEMENT

6th Annual College Basketball Draft

This feels like a big reach, but there are so many picks between this pick and my next, and I really feel this is a safe all-conference bet and should be on a solid team picking up solid win shares.

Isaiah Wong. @MGC_07 you are up
terrible pick. Wong is gonna make history this year when he becomes the first college player to hold out for the season because he wants more NIL money.

Dick. That’s who I was hoping to get.

A thoughtful person left some lovely tire marks in my yard yesterday. Can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure it was you.

I totally respect and understand that move. Just know, next time something bad happens to you, it was me that stirred the pot.

yard-tire-marks.png

This feels like a big reach, but there are so many picks between this pick and my next, and I really feel this is a safe all-conference bet and should be on a solid team picking up solid win shares.

Isaiah Wong. @MGC_07 you are up

Worthy of a 2nd Round pick, IMO.

terrible pick. Wong is gonna make history this year when he becomes the first college player to hold out for the season because he wants more NIL money.
Can’t fault a kid for pursuing it, we don’t all have royalties from appearances on the 1977 season of the reality smash “The Love Yacht” or whatever it was called to fall back on

Can’t fault a kid for pursuing it, we don’t all have royalties from appearances on the 1977 season of the reality smash “The Love Yacht” or whatever it was called to fall back on
thanks, by you even posting that on a internet message board means I get a royalty check next month for .04 cents. Keep em coming!

thanks, by you even posting that on a internet message board means I get a royalty check next month for .04 cents. Keep em coming!
Big fan of "The Love Yacht"!
I love "The Love Yacht"!
Can't get enough of "The Love Yacht"!
I love "The Love Yacht"!
I love "The Love Yacht"!
I love "The Love Yacht"!
I love "The Love Yacht"!
I love "The Love Yacht"!
I love "The Love Yacht"!

Surprised he lasted this long. I thought for sure GE Nole would have taken him with one of his two picks.

Oh boy. Duke doesn’t like my picks, I might as well pack it in now.

I’ll admit that I’ve been distracted. I was lucky I saw it was my turn before heading out of the hotel for the day.

@WojoRising I like the Wong pick. He’s legit. Miami might not win quite as many games as last year, but he’s a stud.

Reactions: WojoRising

I’ll admit that I’ve been distracted. I was lucky I saw it was my turn before heading out of the hotel for the day.

@WojoRising I like the Wong pick. He’s legit. Miami might not win quite as many games as last year, but he’s a stud.
It will be interesting to see how Wong and Pack cohabitate, especially with the NIL drama lingering.

Hah I wouldn't worry. Your picks are fine. Miles could easily be B12 POY - and Lively might be good enough to make an All-American team.

Just feel like Edey's floor/ceiling is really high. TCU and Duke both project to better teams than Purdue, so that should help with Win Shares.

Reactions: GE Nole
I’ll admit that win/shares factored into my Lively pick. As did the fact that someone from Duke is gonna be picked 1st team All ACC and he seems like a guy who could peak in March and get an all-tourney team or MOP in final four too.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Top 10 Reamaining according to Making the Madness

1. Dariq Whitehead, Duke
2. Caleb Love, UNC
3. Keyonte George, Baylor
4. Terquavion Smith, NC State
5. Nijel Pack, Miami
6. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
7. Jordan Walker, UAB
8. Santiago Vescovi, Tennessee
9. Matt Bradley, SDSU
10. Colin Castleton, Florida

@duckboy33 has until the end of the day to make his selection

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Top 10 Reamaining according to Making the Madness

1. Dariq Whitehead, Duke
2. Caleb Love, UNC
3. Keyonte George, Baylor
4. Terquavion Smith, NC State
5. Nijel Pack, Miami
6. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
7. Jordan Walker, UAB
8. Santiago Vescovi, Tennessee
9. Matt Bradley, SDSU
10. Colin Castleton, Florida

@duckboy33 has until the end of the day to make his selection

A full 24 hours. So, 9:14 A.M. ET/6:14 PT

Reactions: MGC_07
@dukedevilz are you tracking either excel or Google sheets?

No, just using Microsoft notepad. Nice and simple.

If people want to use Excel or Google Sheets, we could do that. Here's where we stand right now.

1st Round
1. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
2. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
3. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
4. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
5. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
6. Marcus Sasser, Houston
7. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
8. Adama Sanogo, UConn
9. Kendric Davis, Memphis
10. Nick Smith, Arkansas
11. Jalen Wilson, Kansas
12. Mike Miles, TCU

2nd Round
13. Dereck Lively, Duke
14. Isaiah Wong, Miami
15. Zach Edey, Purdue

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Minor knee procedure, I guess.

the knee issue is obviously very concerning, but what is also concerning is the part about him coming back to school to become a more complete player. All you Kentucky fans better get ready for version 2.0 of Oscar, the Stretch 4. Can't wait to watch him spend the season camped out at the 3pt line lol.

the knee issue is obviously very concerning, but what is also concerning is the part about him coming back to school to become a more complete player. All you Kentucky fans better get ready for version 2.0 of Oscar, the Stretch 4. Can't wait to watch him spend the season camped out at the 3pt line lol.

Haha that would be awful. 0 career 3-point attempts for Oscar.

Cal might give him 2 games to showcase his shooting skills. After he goes 1 for 14, he'll won't be allowed to touch the ball on the perimeter, except for dribble handoffs.

I love how Dr. Calipari quantifies the severity of a surgical procedure by how long it takes. So funny.

My dad's recent heart valve replacement surgery took less than a half hour. Was that minor Dr. Cal?

Haha right. Someone should create a meme with Dr. Calipari in a white coat giving Oscar his diagnosis.

I don't know about the severity of Oscar's knee, but I don't typically think of knee procedures as being minor.

No, just using Microsoft notepad. Nice and simple.

If people want to use Excel or Google Sheets, we could do that. Here's where we stand right now.

1st Round
3. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
7. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
8. Adama Sanogo, UConn
10. Nick Smith, Arkansas
11. Jalen Wilson, Kansas
12. Mike Miles, TCU

2nd Round
13. Dereck Lively, Duke
14. Isaiah Wong, Miami
15. Zach Edey, Purdue

I will make one later

This one is pretty tough. I just stopped working so really tired. Will pick early tomorrow.

Haha that would be awful. 0 career 3-point attempts for Oscar.

Cal might give him 2 games to showcase his shooting skills. After he goes 1 for 14, he'll won't be allowed to touch the ball on the perimeter, except for dribble handoffs.
to be fair dude is money 17 or so feet out.

with that said it takes him away from what he's best at on collegiate level. Could he extend that out? Nobody saw his 17 footer at WVU.

Last edited:
I love how Dr. Calipari quantifies the severity of a surgical procedure by how long it takes. So funny.

My dad's recent heart valve replacement surgery took less than a half hour. Was that minor Dr. Cal?
Probably just some meniscus clipping. Its no big deal, I've it had and probably much more than Oscar is going through. Very tiny incisions and heal quickly.

BTW I don't think the knee is very close to the heart.....

bf6398082d95e57fa19e4239a38832b8.jpg

God is dead - Nietzsche

The PAC 12 is dead - duckboy33

Sad to think the Pac 12 could go defunct soon and their last national would have been Arizona back in '97.

No RJ Davis in the 1st round. Tsk tsk.

Lots of people are thinking RJ Davis is going to see a big bump this year, but still seems a little homerish to think he merits a 1st Round pick. He has to compete with Bacot and Love for stats and All-American honors.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
If Keyontae Johnson plays more than 10 games, his $5 Mil insurance policy will be nullified. That will an interesting story to follow.

Screw it. Homer pick.

Caleb Love, UNC. Hopefully it’s more good Caleb and less bad Caleb this year.

There was one other player I was really about to pick. If he’s picked by dukedevils next then I’m going to jump out the window.

@dukedevilz, you’re up.

Keyonte George, Baylor

@WeAreDePaul time to make the worst pick in the draft, bud.

1st Round
3. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
7. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
8. Adama Sanogo, UConn
10. Nick Smith, Arkansas
11. Jalen Wilson, Kansas
12. Mike Miles, TCU

2nd Round
13. Dereck Lively, Duke
14. Isaiah Wong, Miami
15. Zach Edey, Purdue
16. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
17. Caleb Love, North Carolina
18. Keyonte George, Baylor

There was one other player I was really about to pick. If he’s picked by dukedevils next then I’m going to jump out the window.

You don't make a selection again until pick #32. Odds are someone will take that guy. But, I will try my best to be that guy.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
You don't make a selection again until pick #32. Odds are someone will take that guy. But, I will try my best to be that guy.
It just hits harder when it’s the board expert and it’s the very next pick. You know?

That wasn’t the pick, but he got a lot of consideration.

@dukedevilz can you explain Win Shares to me in a way that even a 7 year old could understand? Does team record have anything to do with it? I tried reading the link in the first post and gave up pretty quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT