ADVERTISEMENT

6th Annual College Basketball Draft

Undoubtedly. We miss some breakout stars every year. In our 5-year history, I believe we've had three undrafted players earn 1st Team All-American honors. Trae Young, Luka Garza (2020 season), and Johnny Davis.

Should be some fun picks in Rounds 11 and 12; I imagine a few of us will try to find that diamond in the rough.
Keegan Murray went in the 12th round last year.

Reactions: dukedevilz
David Jones

Dude knows how to fill up a box score.

Not sure I trust anything with a St. John's name on it, but they have a very intriguing lineup with Jones, Posh Alexander, and Curbelo. On a paper it makes you pause and think, "Sheesh! This team could be a top 25 squad." But Idk, I just can't get past all of the inconsistency from that program in the past 20 years.

Am I really going to take back to back Oklahoma State players? Yes I am!. I will take Moussa Cisse, reigning Big 12 defensive player of the year.

@lurkeraspect84 is o the clock.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Lots of good picks lately.

Was debating on taking Jarace Walker with my previous pick. I have Nolan Hickman pretty high on my board, but was thinking he might be available in a later round - mostly because he'd be the #4 Zag. Hearing lots of good things about Cason Wallace. He can make an All-SEC team, just a matter of will he get enough touches. And I saw that Brandon Murray dropped 30 points in a scrimmage against Temple over the weekend.

Didn't even realize Cisse was Big 12 DPOY. I was thinking it was Gabe Osahuohien. Looks like those two shared the award with Baylor's JTT. I'd never bank on a guy repeating the DPOY, but considering it's round 9, it's really good value. Darryl Morsell was the 2021 Big Ten DPOY - and Posh Alexander was the 2021 Big East DPOY. Yet, Ryan Kalkbrenner was the guy who won the 2022 Big East DPOY.

Was debating on taking Jarace Walker with my previous pick. I have Nolan Hickman pretty high on my board, but was thinking he might be available in a later round - mostly because he'd be the #4 Zag. Hearing lots of good things about Cason Wallace. He can make an All-SEC team, just a matter of will he get enough touches. And I saw that Brandon Murray dropped 30 points in a scrimmage against Temple over the weekend.

Didn't even realize Cisse was Big 12 DPOY. I was thinking it was Gabe Osahuohien. Looks like those two shared the award with Baylor's JTT. I'd never bank on a guy repeating the DPOY, but considering it's round 9, it's really good value. Darryl Morsell was the 2021 Big Ten DPOY - and Posh Alexander was the 2021 Big East DPOY. Yet, Ryan Kalkbrenner was the guy who won the 2022 Big East DPOY.
True on banking on a repeat DPOY but I think Cisse's numbers rise across the board based on what I'm hearing. He's worked on his shot and should have a better cast around him with Anderson and Thompson taking a step too. I have a feeling Okie State is a fringe top 25 team all year and the clear 5th best team in the B12. That, and Cisse's utilization should result in a solid Win share number.

Hey Duke, how many rounds are left? Am I picking 2 at the turn again?

True on banking on a repeat DPOY but I think Cisse's numbers rise across the board based on what I'm hearing. He's worked on his shot and should have a better cast around him with Anderson and Thompson taking a step too. I have a feeling Okie State is a fringe top 25 team all year and the clear 5th best team in the B12. That, and Cisse's utilization should result in a solid Win share number.

Cisse's definitely good value for the 9th round. I think he could easily be 2nd Team All-Conference. And he's got to be the favorite for DPOY. I like the pick.

Hey Duke, how many rounds are left? Am I picking 2 at the turn again?

12 rounds. So you'll have two more double-picks in rounds 9/10 and 11/12.

Reactions: GE Nole
DRAFT RESULTS
1st Round

1. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
2. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
3. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
4. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
5. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
6. Marcus Sasser, Houston
7. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
8. Adama Sanogo, UConn
9. Kendric Davis, Memphis
10. Nick Smith, Arkansas
11. Jalen Wilson, Kansas
12. Mike Miles, TCU

2nd Round
13. Dereck Lively, Duke
14. Isaiah Wong, Miami
15. Zach Edey, Purdue
16. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
17. Caleb Love, North Carolina
18. Keyonte George, Baylor
19. Santiago Vescovi, Tennessee
20. Terquavion Smith, NC State
21. Dariq Whitehead, Duke
22. Tyger Campbell, UCLA
23. Nijel Pack, Miami
24. Colin Castleton, Florida

3rd Round
25. LJ Cryer, Baylor
26. Cam Whitmore, Villanova
27. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
28. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton
29. Matt Bradley, San Diego State
30. Kris Murray, Iowa
31. Adam Flagler, Baylor
32. Jelly Walker, UAB
33. Will Richardson, Oregon
34. DaRon Holmes, Dayton
35. Jack Nunge, Xavier
36. Tyrese Hunter, Texas

4th Round
37. Jayden Gardner, Virginia
38. Jake Stephens, Chattanooga
39. Darius McGhee, Liberty
40. Timmy Allen, Texas
41. RJ Davis, North Carolina
42. Brandon Miller, Alabama
43. Hunter Maldonado, Wyoming
44. Jacob Toppin, Kentucky
45. Sahvir Wheeler, Kentucky
46. Kevin McCullar, Kansas
47. Terrence Shannon, Illinois
48. Harrison Ingram, Stanford

5th Round
49. Mark Sears, Alabama
50. Pete Nance, North Carolina
51. Jamal Shead, Houston
52. Julian Strawther, Gonzaga
53. Posh Alexander, St. John's
54. Jeremy Roach, Duke
55. Drew Peterson, USC
56. Marcus Carr, Texas
57. Isiaih Mosley, Missouri
58. Malachi Smith, Gonzaga
59. Ryan Nembhard, Creighton
60. Graham Ike, Wyoming

6th Round
61. Johni Broome, Auburn
62. DeAndre Williams, Memphis
63. Grant Sherfield, Oklahoma
64. Arthur Kaluma, Creighton
65. Antoine Davis, Detroit
66. Justyn Mutts, Virginia Tech
67. Javonte Perkins, Saint Louis
68. Tyler Burton, Richmond
69. GG Jackson, South Carolina
70. Baylor Scheierman, Creighton
71. Amari Bailey, UCLA
72. KJ Williams, LSU

7th Round
73. Jamarion Sharp, Western Kentucky
74. Cliff Omoruyi, Rutgers
75. Kevin Obanor, Texas Tech
76. Jamison Battle, Minnesota,
77. Tolu Smith, Mississippi State
78. Jared Bynum, Providence
79. Colby Jones, Xavier
80. Boogie Ellis, USC
81. Kel'el Ware, Oregon
82. Josiah-Jordan James, Tennessee
83. Joe Girard, Syracuse
84. Anthony Black, Arkansas

8th Round
85. Tucker DeVries, Drake
86. KD Johnson, Auburn
87. Ace Baldwin, VCU
88. Caleb McConnell, Rutgers
89. Mouhamed Gueye, Washington State
90. Foster Loyer, Davidson
91. Pelle Larsson, Arizona
92. Matthew Cleveland, Florida State
93. Antonio Reeves, Kentucky
94. Avery Anderson, Oklahoma State
95. David Jones, St. John's
96. Cason Wallace, Kentucky

9th Round
97. Jarace Walker, Houston
98. Brandon Murray, Georgetown
99. Moussa Cisse, Oklahoma State
100. Nolan Hickman, Gonzaga

Damn, just realized I have 4 Big 12 guys. WTF am I thinking?

And not a single Big Ten guy says something about the depth of the league after Dick-in-son, TJD-flex and the Big Maple-Edey. I think Kris Murray takes the big step to be the 4th guy in the Big Ten but after that, woof. No clear cut guys that I could guarantee even a 2nd team All-League selection. I'm sure at least one of the Illinois guys will be there but couldn't tell you which. Same for Rutgers.

Damn, just realized I have 4 Big 12 guys. WTF am I thinking?

And not a single Big Ten guy says something about the depth of the league after Dick-in-son, TJD-flex and the Big Maple-Edey. I think Kris Murray takes the big step to be the 4th guy in the Big Ten but after that, woof. No clear cut guys that I could guarantee even a 2nd team All-League selection. I'm sure at least one of the Illinois guys will be there but couldn't tell you which. Same for Rutgers.
yes we are all aware that you made mostly terrible picks in the draft.

• Haha
yes we are all aware that you made mostly terrible picks in the draft.
iu

Illinois nearly got Murray this off season, and there are some that preferred him to Shannon. He’s going to be good, but not sure about his team.

Illinois nearly got Murray this off season, and there are some that preferred him to Shannon. He’s going to be good, but not sure about his team.

He's a stud. No question. An easy #1 option for G'town.

Don't think Georgetown is a tournament team, but they should win quite a few more games than last season. Their point guard returns + a few other decent transfers - Jay Heath, Qudus Wahab, Akok Akok, and Primo Spears. Maybe between 12-17 wins.

Reactions: Jaycg15
He's a stud. No question. An easy #1 option for G'town.

Don't think Georgetown is a tournament team, but they should win quite a few more games than last season. Their point guard returns + a few other decent transfers - Jay Heath, Qudus Wahab, Akok Akok, and Primo Spears. Maybe between 12-17 wins.
I don’t think that will be enough to save Ewings job.

I don’t think that will be enough to save Ewings job.

And rightfully so. If JT3, who was moderately successful, couldn't keep his job, neither should Ewing. 1 tournament in 6 years just isn't good enough for a program of their stature.

I do wonder how ADs of bottom-feeders evaluate whether it's worth it to retain a coach. I mean, Chris Collins has had 5 consecutive years where he he hasn't won more than 15 games. He sure is milking that 2017 tournament win.

Frank Martin finally got canned after the 2017 Final Four run. Can SC really bring in someone better than Martin?

And gotta wonder how much of a leash Oregon State's Wayne Tinkle is getting from their magical 2021 Elite Eight run. They were bloody awful last year. 3 wins?! No worries, they only lost their two best players to to the portal - and the other three starters graduated. I'm sure they'll be able to muster at least 2 wins this season.

And rightfully so. If JT3, who was moderately successful, couldn't keep his job, neither should Ewing. 1 tournament in 6 years just isn't good enough for a program of their stature.

I do wonder how ADs of bottom-feeders evaluate whether it's worth it to retain a coach. I mean, Chris Collins has had 5 consecutive years where he he hasn't won more than 15 games. He sure is milking that 2017 tournament win.

Frank Martin finally got canned after the 2017 Final Four run. Can SC really bring in someone better than Martin?

And gotta wonder how much of a leash Oregon State's Wayne Tinkle is getting from their magical 2021 Elite Eight run. They were bloody awful last year. 3 wins?! No worries, they only lost their two best players to to the portal - and the other three starters graduated. I'm sure they'll be able to muster at least 2 wins this season.
Agree. A year or two ago I questioned how long Martin should get and people here thought I was crazy. Things just didn’t get better and they eventually made the move.

Okay, 16 hours has passed.

I seriously doubt WeAreDePaul was even considering the guy I'm about to take. He's someone I wanted before the draft; was thinking/hoping I could get him in Round 11 or 12. But, his stock keeps going up. So, might as well get him now...

Tyrese Proctor, Duke

@WeAreDePaul can still go whenever. Or, @FaithPlusOne can skip ahead.

• Angry
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT