100. Nolan Hickman, Gonzaga
101. Jalen Pickett, Penn State
102. Caleb Daniels, Villanova
103. Tyrese Proctor, Duke
104. Aaron Estrada, Hofstra
105. Isaiah Stevens, Colorado State
106. Rasir Bolton, Gonzaga
107. Yuri Collins, Saint Louis

This is who I was wanting to get. But, was worried you might take Proctor.
I know it’s a totally different situation, but ever since Alex Murphy “played like a Singler clone in practice,” I try not to get too excited about practice reports regarding freshman, unless they’re elite. Definitely not apples to apples, and I’m a staunch pessimist, so who knows, though.

Definitely interesting reports coming out, though. Love hearing that he and Roach have good chemistry

that's cute the way you guys are fighting over St. Louis' second best player.

If Perkins can regain his form, he might be their best player. Collins is less risky, though. He was one of the 10 Semifinalists for the Bob Cousy Award. And he was 1st Team All-Conference last season.

I know it’s a totally different situation, but ever since Alex Murphy “played like a Singler clone in practice,” I try not to get too excited about practice reports regarding freshman, unless they’re elite. Definitely not apples to apples, and I’m a staunch pessimist, so who knows, though.

Definitely interesting reports coming out, though. Love hearing that he and Roach have good chemistry

Seemed like people thought that way when Murphy first reclassified, but I don't remember hearing anything glowing like that from actual practice reports. He had 2 points in the Blue-White Scrimmage.

But yeah, I agree with the general sentiment, still a lot of unknown. So, I wouldn't be shocked if Proctor doesn't make any of the All-ACC teams. But, here's two things I feel very confident about...

1. He'll start
2. He'll be a 1st Round Pick.

I've heard very high praise about Proctor from more than a dozen people in the past two weeks.

Last edited:
Came here to pick Baba Miller after I watched him courtside last night. 3-5 from 3, smooth in open court, 4 assists, 7 boards. Absolutely looked like a pro. And then the NCAA decides to dick over a good kid who did nothing intentionally wrong and even paid back the benefits. They are scum.

Anyway, with him off the board I’ll go:

Jalen Cook, Tulane
Tyler Wahl, Wisconsin

@WojoRising youre up.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Came here to pick Baba Miller after I watched him courtside last night. 3-5 from 3, smooth in open court, 4 assists, 7 boards. Absolutely looked like a pro. And then the NCAA decides to dick over a good kid who did nothing intentionally wrong and even paid back the benefits. They are scum.

Anyway, with him off the board I’ll go:

Jalen Cook, Tulane
Tyler Wahl, Wisconsin

@WojoRising youre up.

One of the most head-scratching decisions ever made by the NCAA. I don't see how they can justify that ruling.

I do like your two recent draft picks, though. They were both in my top 5 available players.

Reactions: GE Nole
One of the most head-scratching decisions ever made by the NCAA. I don't see how they can justify that ruling.

I do like your two recent draft picks, though. They were both in my top 5 available players.

It’s beyond baffling. There is simply no explanation for it. He was a kid from Spain who didn’t even know what the NCAA was. When he found out, they repaid it.

With kids literally being given millions of dollars to attend schools these days, this shouldn’t be a penalty at all. But if it is, what, maybe 2 games? 16 is flat out absurd. People get 1-2 game suspensions for DUIs and stuff.

And I would be saying this if it was any other player for any team too. Even UF.

With Gainey hurt, Baba out, De’Ante Green hurt, I’m not sure what lineup we can even put out there when Naheem is on the bench. Corhen is gonna have to grow up real fast.

Reminds me a lot of Kanter. He was paid money to go towards school. Father paid for the school, and kept the money put aside, was willing to pay it back. NCAA ruled him ineligible.

W. Virginia player same situation was suspended a few games but eventually played. Of course some think Kanter being a one time Washington commit (Emmert was at UW right before he moved to the NCAA and gave the Kanter ruling) had something to do with it.

It’s beyond baffling. There is simply no explanation for it. He was a kid from Spain who didn’t even know what the NCAA was. When he found out, they repaid it.

With kids literally being given millions of dollars to attend schools these days, this shouldn’t be a penalty at all. But if it is, what, maybe 2 games? 16 is flat out absurd. People get 1-2 game suspensions for DUIs and stuff.

And I would be saying this if it was any other player for any team too. Even UF.

With Gainey hurt, Baba out, De’Ante Green hurt, I’m not sure what lineup we can even put out there when Naheem is on the bench. Corhen is gonna have to grow up real fast.
Glad we play you early

It's almost like they're encouraging schools to never self-report. Obfuscation and plausible deniability might be an easier route to take. 16 games for repaying the finances? Unbelievably excessive.

Charles Pride, Bryant

@MGC_07

Curious to see how Bryant performs this year. Charles Pride returns, and they're bringing in 4 very capable transfers.

-Chauncey Hawkins: Averaged 16 ppg at St. Francis in 2021, but I believe he had an injury last season.
-Doug Edert: Sharp-shooting moustache guy from Bryant. Scored 20 points against Kentucky in the 1st Round.
-Earl Timberlake: Former Top-30 recruit; previously played at Miami and Memphis.
-Antwan Walker: Backup big man for Rhode Island (7.5 ppg, 4.7 reb).

Not a lot of height for Bryant, but still think this could be a dangerous team in March.

Should be a team winning 20+ games, which will help with Win Shares.

Reactions: WojoRising
This caught my eye last night. The Magic's starting lineup was unbelievably vertically-gifted. Guessing 6'10 Banchero was playing the point. And 6'10 Wagner and 7'2 Bol Bol were the forwards lol.
magic-starting-lineup.png

Curious to see how Bryant performs this year. Charles Pride returns, and they're bringing in 4 very capable transfers.

-Chauncey Hawkins: Averaged 16 ppg at St. Francis in 2021, but I believe he had an injury last season.
-Doug Edert: Sharp-shooting moustache guy from Bryant. Scored 20 points against Kentucky in the 1st Round.
-Earl Timberlake: Former Top-30 recruit; previously played at Miami and Memphis.
-Antwan Walker: Backup big man for Rhode Island (7.5 ppg, 4.7 reb).

Not a lot of height for Bryant, but still think this could be a dangerous team in March.

Should be a team winning 20+ games, which will help with Win Shares.
Bryant and Vermont should both be high quality ball clubs atop the America East. The fact that Bryant came in so hot is huge considering they just lost Stony Brook. Right now it’s looking much less impactful for the AE, thanks to Bryant

It's almost like they're encouraging schools to never self-report. Obfuscation and plausible deniability might be an easier route to take. 16 games for repaying the finances? Unbelievably excessive.

And this wasn’t even FSU. FSU had nothing to do with it at all. It wasn’t a visit it wasn’t arranged by us, nothing. Multiple years ago. It’s just angry old men punishing a kid for not knowing a rule even existed.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Unbelievable no one has grabbed dick. There is one lonely Dick in lawrence Kansas right now

There's like 20 guys that all look the same to me at this point.

New Mexico is bringing in a couple of decent transfers; think they might be able to win 20 games or so and sneak into the tournament. I'll go with...

Jaelen House, New Mexico

@WeAreDePaul is up

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
There's like 20 guys that all look the same to me at this point.

New Mexico is bringing in a couple of decent transfers; think they might be able to win 20 games or so and sneak into the tournament. I'll go with...

Jaelen House, New Mexico

@WeAreDePaul is up

Same. There’s 5 guys left I have circled that I’d like to get, and I think there’s a decent chance I’ll be able to land 2 of them for my final picks. There’s so many similar players now that I’m less concerned with others stealing them. They still can, of course, but it’s a bit less likely.

Same. There’s 5 guys left I have circled that I’d like to get, and I think there’s a decent chance I’ll be able to land 2 of them for my final picks. There’s so many similar players now that I’m less concerned with others stealing them. They still can, of course, but it’s a bit less likely.

Yep. No obvious slam dunks at this point. And it's hard to know how players have developed over the summer. I've found a few things on secret scrimmages, but that doesn't reveal a whole lot, IMO.

Just 30 picks left.

DRAFT RESULTS
1st Round

1. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
2. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
3. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
4. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
5. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
6. Marcus Sasser, Houston
7. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
8. Adama Sanogo, UConn
9. Kendric Davis, Memphis
10. Nick Smith, Arkansas
11. Jalen Wilson, Kansas
12. Mike Miles, TCU

2nd Round
13. Dereck Lively, Duke
14. Isaiah Wong, Miami
15. Zach Edey, Purdue
16. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
17. Caleb Love, North Carolina
18. Keyonte George, Baylor
19. Santiago Vescovi, Tennessee
20. Terquavion Smith, NC State
21. Dariq Whitehead, Duke
22. Tyger Campbell, UCLA
23. Nijel Pack, Miami
24. Colin Castleton, Florida

3rd Round
25. LJ Cryer, Baylor
26. Cam Whitmore, Villanova
27. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
28. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton
29. Matt Bradley, San Diego State
30. Kris Murray, Iowa
31. Adam Flagler, Baylor
32. Jelly Walker, UAB
33. Will Richardson, Oregon
34. DaRon Holmes, Dayton
35. Jack Nunge, Xavier
36. Tyrese Hunter, Texas

4th Round
37. Jayden Gardner, Virginia
38. Jake Stephens, Chattanooga
39. Darius McGhee, Liberty
40. Timmy Allen, Texas
41. RJ Davis, North Carolina
42. Brandon Miller, Alabama
43. Hunter Maldonado, Wyoming
44. Jacob Toppin, Kentucky
45. Sahvir Wheeler, Kentucky
46. Kevin McCullar, Kansas
47. Terrence Shannon, Illinois
48. Harrison Ingram, Stanford

5th Round
49. Mark Sears, Alabama
50. Pete Nance, North Carolina
51. Jamal Shead, Houston
52. Julian Strawther, Gonzaga
53. Posh Alexander, St. John's
54. Jeremy Roach, Duke
55. Drew Peterson, USC
56. Marcus Carr, Texas
57. Isiaih Mosley, Missouri
58. Malachi Smith, Gonzaga
59. Ryan Nembhard, Creighton
60. Graham Ike, Wyoming

6th Round
61. Johni Broome, Auburn
62. DeAndre Williams, Memphis
63. Grant Sherfield, Oklahoma
64. Arthur Kaluma, Creighton
65. Antoine Davis, Detroit
66. Justyn Mutts, Virginia Tech
67. Javonte Perkins, Saint Louis
68. Tyler Burton, Richmond
69. GG Jackson, South Carolina
70. Baylor Scheierman, Creighton
71. Amari Bailey, UCLA
72. KJ Williams, LSU

7th Round
73. Jamarion Sharp, Western Kentucky
74. Cliff Omoruyi, Rutgers
75. Kevin Obanor, Texas Tech
76. Jamison Battle, Minnesota,
77. Tolu Smith, Mississippi State
78. Jared Bynum, Providence
79. Colby Jones, Xavier
80. Boogie Ellis, USC
81. Kel'el Ware, Oregon
82. Josiah-Jordan James, Tennessee
83. Joe Girard, Syracuse
84. Anthony Black, Arkansas

8th Round
85. Tucker DeVries, Drake
86. KD Johnson, Auburn
87. Ace Baldwin, VCU
88. Caleb McConnell, Rutgers
89. Mouhamed Gueye, Washington State
90. Foster Loyer, Davidson
91. Pelle Larsson, Arizona
92. Matthew Cleveland, Florida State
93. Antonio Reeves, Kentucky
94. Avery Anderson, Oklahoma State
95. David Jones, St. John's
96. Cason Wallace, Kentucky

9th Round
97. Jarace Walker, Houston
98. Brandon Murray, Georgetown
99. Moussa Cisse, Oklahoma State
100. Nolan Hickman, Gonzaga
101. Jalen Pickett, Penn State
102. Caleb Daniels, Villanova
103. Tyrese Proctor, Duke
104. Aaron Estrada, Hofstra
105. Isaiah Stevens, Colorado State
106. Rasir Bolton, Gonzaga
107. Yuri Collins, Saint Louis
108. Jalen Cook, Tulane

10th Round
109. Tyler Wahl, Wisconsin
110. Charles Pride, Bryant
111. Dane Goodwin, Notre Dame
112. Reece Beekman, Virginina
113. Drew Pember, UNC Asheville
114. Jaelen House, New Mexico

Damn. I went away for a 4 day weekend of hiking and excessive drinking and didn't even miss a pick.

ADVERTISEMENT