• Total voters

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Do the Vols have a chance?

A chance? Yes.

If I'm betting straight up on a neutral court, my money is on the Zags.

Reactions: PHXDukie
I need the deets damnit..

Sunday, 12/9 @2pm
At Tennessee

Should be a great game.
I definitely believe Tenn could win, but Gonzaga looks incredible.

Best of Luck, Vols

Kind of hope the 'Zags win since the Heels play then next Saturday. That way when we lose we will at least be losing to the top ranked team.

If the game is at UTjr, the vols will win by double digits. Neutral floor, Zags in a close one.

Vols will take it. The Zags are getting way too much respect for winning one game. Albeit they played awesome in that one game and they showed everyone a snapshot of what they can be, but since then, they've looked more than beatable.
Washington had them beat on their home court and U-Dub is unranked.
UT plays a grind it out style with a lot of players at their disposal. This should earn the Vols the win. I'll say by 5.
Not sure why UK was brought up by the OP, probably just to bring some action to his thread, kind of odd, but hey, I'll bite.

Reactions: JC for 3
They all count. Didn't the Cats feel that Duke spanking?
Of course but not near as bad as the Vols felt the spanking that Kentucky gave them in the SEC tourney. I was there and sat right behind Phil Fulmer. He and I talked some before and during the game. I loved every minute of that spanking. Listening to all the UT fans moan and groan as the Cats spanked their tail. It is always better when you see and feel it in person.

Of course but not near as bad as the Vols felt the spanking that Kentucky gave them in the SEC tourney. I was there and sat right behind Phil Fulmer. He and I talked some before and during the game. I loved every minute of that spanking. Listening to all the UT fans moan and groan as the Cats spanked their tail. It is always better when you see and feel it in person.
You are crazy, UT fans were already full of Cat in the fact that the Vols beat you at home and raised the Orange flag over Rupp. We were satiated. (stuffed to the gills with victory)

You are crazy, UT fans were already full of Cat in the fact that the Vols beat you at home and raised the Orange flag over Rupp. We were satiated. (stuffed to the gills with victory)
I was there and saw all the UT fans crying and blaming the refs. It was such a joy to watch and I loved every minute. I especially loved it when they presented the Championship trophy and all the UT fans were still crying and complaining. It was awesome.

Reactions: JC for 3
I was there and saw all the UT fans crying and blaming the refs. It was such a joy to watch and I loved every minute. I especially loved it when they presented the Championship trophy and all the UT fans were still crying and complaining. It was awesome.

So all of the fans of the losing team stuck around for the trophy presentation? I don't think I've ever seen that. I get the sense you're taking what a few fans might have done and applying it to everyone.

Reactions: PHXDukie

The last game between the 2 is what matters. Having said that....

SCOREBOARD.

Now....go beat the Zags. It'll be good for the conference.

Zags are missing Crandall, top guard off the bench, and Killian Tillie, their top shooter. Even with those injuries I think the Zags should still be favored, but man! This team kills me! Every single time they play an elite team they look amazing for a good portion of the game. And inevitably they have a lull in the game for about 5-7 minutes where they turn the ball over, play shoddy defense, and take terrible, contested shots (ie: Illinois, Duke, Washington). I've seen it over and over. They usually have a double-digit lead and the lead dwindles down to one possession.

Take a look at some of these lulls:
Gonzaga vs Washington: Gonzaga led 73-62 with 4:52. UW ties the game at 79-79 with 10 seconds left. Hachimura hits jumper with 0.6 seconds left to win the game
Gonzaga vs Duke: Gonzaga led 81-70 with 6:39 left. Duke ties the game at 87-87 with 1:45 in the game.. Duke sort of crumbled in crunch time, however, missing 7 shots in the final minute.
Gonzaga vs Illinois: Zags had a 13 point lead with 9 minutes left. Illinois cut the lead down to 80-78 with 1 minute lefts (Zags were also leading 78-69 with 2 minutes).

They were very, very fortunate to come out with victories over Washington and Duke. If either of those games go to OT, they most likely lose. They just seem to lack that killer instinct for whatever reason. I saw the same thing happen in 2017, too (Final Four Year). They blew HUGE leads... like 15+ point leads to Tennessee, Iowa State, Arizona, BYU, Northwestern, South Carolina. The Zags are one of my favorite teams, they just frustrate meet with the way they give up leads. If they have a lull against Tennessee, they will lose.

Reactions: KisteK and della
So all of the fans of the losing team stuck around for the trophy presentation? I don't think I've ever seen that. I get the sense you're taking what a few fans might have done and applying it to everyone.
You are correct. I meant all the UT fans I was sitting with. Which was quite a few miserable fans.

I know it is about as simple a math problem as there is, but snce you are a Cat.
2>1 :D

I know it is about as simple a math problem as there is, but snce you are a Cat.
Thanks for the math lesson but some games mean much more than others. Like winning in the NCAA tourney is much more important than winning a game in the regular season. Of course that is something the Vols rarely accomplish so you may be unfamiliar with that situation.

Tennessee has turned the corner against UK and it should cause you great concern.
Sure. Maybe
We are past that for the last few years. No one has beaten UK more than UT has and the frequency is increasing.
I would not be bragging about being behind 71-154. You have a basketball team that has won 31% of the time. Great percentage.

Sure. Maybe

I would not be bragging about being behind 71-154. You have a basketball team that has won 31% of the time. Great percentage.
Why not? Your little buddy was trying to brag football regardless of the fact that UT has dominated the series and won this year.

Timeframing is a loser's argument. UT stands at 71-154 vs UK on the court.
Last year we won 2/3. Those were the most recent, you got a problem with that?

Why not? Your little buddy was trying to brag football regardless of the fact that UT has dominated the series and won this year.
I thought you were bragging about basketball. No question UT owns the football series but UK owns the basketball series.

I thought you were bragging about basketball. No question UT owns the football series but UK owns the basketball series.
Ture, but UT has seriously challenged UK over the last few years.

Last year we won 2/3. Those were the most recent,t you got a problem with that?
UT won 2 out of 3 last year and UK has won 70% of the rest of the games. Both are history now which leaves Kentucky one of the best basketball teams in history with 8 titles and UT with 0 titles. How does that set with you?

UT won 2 out of 3 last year and UK has won 70% of the rest of the games. Both are history now which leaves Kentucky one of the best basketball teams in history with 8 titles and UT with 0 titles. How does that set with you?
It sits great with me knowing that UT is beating UK regularly now. It sits great knowing the Vols and not UK are top 10.

Reactions: GhostVol
Zags are missing Crandall, top guard off the bench, and Killian Tillie, their top shooter. Even with those injuries I think the Zags should still be favored, but man! This team kills me! Every single time they play an elite team they look amazing for a good portion of the game. And inevitably they have a lull in the game for about 5-7 minutes where they turn the ball over, play shoddy defense, and take terrible, contested shots (ie: Illinois, Duke, Washington). I've seen it over and over. They usually have a double-digit lead and the lead dwindles down to one possession.

Take a look at some of these lulls:
Gonzaga vs Washington: Gonzaga led 73-62 with 4:52. UW ties the game at 79-79 with 10 seconds left. Hachimura hits jumper with 0.6 seconds left to win the game
Gonzaga vs Duke: Gonzaga led 81-70 with 6:39 left. Duke ties the game at 87-87 with 1:45 in the game.. Duke sort of crumbled in crunch time, however, missing 7 shots in the final minute.
Gonzaga vs Illinois: Zags had a 13 point lead with 9 minutes left. Illinois cut the lead down to 80-78 with 1 minute lefts (Zags were also leading 78-69 with 2 minutes).

They were very, very fortunate to come out with victories over Washington and Duke. If either of those games go to OT, they most likely lose. They just seem to lack that killer instinct for whatever reason. I saw the same thing happen in 2017, too (Final Four Year). They blew HUGE leads... like 15+ point leads to Tennessee, Iowa State, Arizona, BYU, Northwestern, South Carolina. The Zags are one of my favorite teams, they just frustrate meet with the way they give up leads. If they have a lull against Tennessee, they will lose.

I watched Washington game. Zags were the better team. I think UDubs only chance to win would have been to go for a three pointer st the end of regulation.

Zags would have won in OT

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT