Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Zona @ Duke
AGGY @ tOSU
Texas A&M-Commerce @ UK
Tenn @ Whiskey

I got Zona, but might take Duke later in the year.
I'm taking AGGY
I'll go UK in this one
I like the Vols

Who you got?

I am amped for AZ Duke. Going to put on 2001 FF on the youtube to get psyched

3 of those matchups are included in this week's Pick'Em. There are two other Pick'Em matchups that will be played today...

Virginia vs Florida (Charlotte, NC)
San Diego State at BYU
Is there a method to your madness of choosing games?

Zona @ Duke
AGGY @ tOSU
Texas A&M-Commerce @ UK
Tenn @ Whiskey

I got Zona, but might take Duke later in the year.
I'm taking AGGY
I'll go UK in this one
I like the Vols

Who you got?
Top and bottom game hold the most intrigue.

Thinking wiskey plays that slow it down halfcourt game. Old school set-shots and stuff. We will run them to death.

Reactions: della
Top and bottom game hold the most intrigue.
Did you notice I picked UK to win? Y'all give me so much crap, but it is there in black and white that I expect them to out last A&M Commerce. So, try to remember that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Did you notice I picked UK to win? try to remember that.
giphy.gif

Every damn game tonight worthwhile seems to be on a streaming service. Looks like I'll be watching Arizona Duke

Did you notice I picked UK to win? Y'all give me so much crap, but it is there in black and white that I expect them to out last A&M Commerce. So, try to remember that.
sponge-bob.gif

Another word, is you are full of it. 🤣 🤣

Is there a method to your madness of choosing games?

95% of it is just using the KenPom Thrill Scores. If you have a subscription, go to "FanMatch" and it will list all of the games for the day in order of the highest Thrill Scores.

A game is given a higher Thrill Score if there are two highly rated teams, by KenPom's metrics. And the thrill score goes up even more the closer the matchup gets to being a 50/50 contest.

So, Texas A&M and Tennessee are both rated higher than Ohio State and Wisconsin, respectively. But, because Ohio State / Wisconsin are both playing at home it essentially becomes a 50-50 contest. Perfect matchups for Pick'Em.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Early in the season. Hard to really read the game between Duke and Arizona. Both teams look really good at times. And mediocre at other times.

Crazies just lack self awareness. Their cheer sheet stuff for Love was just dumb considering what he did to them. It will always be a difficult place to play though. Both of these teams, from the parts of the first half I saw, can be really good defensively this year.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Crazies just lack self awareness. Their cheer sheet stuff for Love was just dumb considering what he did to them. It will always be a difficult place to play though. Both of these teams, from the parts of the first half I saw, can be really good defensively this year.
I assume most of those nerds didn't even watch basketball until they started going to Duke. They just want to fit in and make new friends.

This stupid Tennessee/Wisconsin game is on Peacock, which is like the one streaming thing I don't have.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
This stupid Tennessee/Wisconsin game is on Peacock, which is like the one streaming thing I don't have.
Well, that's a whopping $5.99 if you want it.

But then I would have to remember to cancel it. May sign up though.
I got it last year for a Black Friday sale ($0.99/month for 12 months). It’s about to re-up at the normal price. I’ll probably keep it.

ADVERTISEMENT